Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Is Chael Sonnen all talk ?

Or does anyone think he is going to actually beat Anderson Silva ?
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is Chael Sonnen all talk ?

God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Only time I"ve seen Sonnen fight was when he dominated Nate Marquardt by out wrestling him.

If he can take Silva down and ground and pound him he may have a shot.

Boy has he talked a lot of shit tho.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sonnen fucked Silva up for 23 mins and then Silva the sneaky cunt pulled a triangle choke out of no where....FUCK!!!!! Sonnen even dropped Silva a couple of times, Silva is beatable!!!
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

According to Silva in the post fight he had a rib injury a week and a half ago and was told by the doctor not to fight.

Dont know how true that is... but yes everyone's beatable. I mean Fedor just lost recently, fuck.

But I expect to see something completely different if there's an immediate rematch.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Apparently he wasn't all talk because basically he fucked silva up for 23 minutes of that fight. I don't care if he lost all I know is I would have much rather been sonen in that fight than silva. All 15 of us basically thought he wasn't going to make it past the first round but he actually backed his trash talk up except for losing. I honestly don't think a rematch would be different, unless silva's rib injury is legit. He couldn't handle sonen's punches standing and got caught plenty of times and didn't really have an answer for him on the ground. I think this is one of those cases where a fighter just sliped a little bit due to age, I mean silva didn't even look like a world class dude in there. Sonen looked like silva took his lunch money, just relentless and I would bet on sonen in a rematch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

actually even with his injury (Sonnen admitted himself that Silva was most likely injured judging based on the way he was fight), Overall Silva dominated the standup.

Silva got caught once on the stand up, and the second time was a slip, and again Sonnen admitted that too, he said silva slipped on something and I was able to capitalize on that... But when you have Joe Rogan scream "OMG He's rocked again! This is unbelievable" I can see how most people watching for the first time (including myself) could think he was rocked the second time.

After watching the fight again, its clear Silva was out of his element. He didn't spend a second gauging range and distance nor did he spend anytime figuring out sonnens timing. This is something he ALWAYS does before getting to work, and therefore makes his striking so accurate for an MMA fighter.

He went in looking like he did not want the fight to last long at all and got caught because of that. Also when he rocked Sonnen, he seemed a bit hesitant to go in for the kill.

Silva was slick as ever 4 months ago against Damian Maia, believe me, he didnt just get old over night.

No doubt, Sonnen fought a great fight. I can't take anything away from him. He talked alot of shit, and came full force at Anderson Silva. I've never seen Silva in so much trouble before, period.

But with all that said, a rematch would not look the same at all, in my opinion.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes apparently Sonnen was far from all talk.

He kicked Silva's ass up one side and down the other from what I've read on UFC's live blog and on here of course.

Fucking Silva pulled it out of his ass at the last minute though.

Hope to see an immediate rematch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sonnen was owning Silva until the submission. Very unlucky, Anderson had no answer to his ground game at all.

But, credit where credit is due, Silva pulled it off in the end, that is what true champions are made of.

I would love to see a rematch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I guess h is definitely more then all talk, but he does talk too much.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I new from the start Sonnen was going to bring it and he did I thought he could win before the fight and coming into the last round I though he had it, I hate Silva cocky git to bad the rematch is being questioned due to belfort having the next shot. If anyone diserves to fight Silva it's Sonnen! Dint cheat the fans Dana!

Thread Information