Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toney v Couture weigh in , Toney looks 5 months pregnant. Toney 237 Couture 220!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Toney v Couture weigh in , Toney looks 5 months pregnant. Toney 237 Couture 220!

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    Had to check boxrec cause I couldn't remember the last time Toney stopped anyone. Since it was 7 years ago can we lose the "Lights Out" moniker and start calling him "Third Trimester" ?
    Toney Ko'd some bum last year in 2 rounds.

237 is Toneys highest weight ever. The only time he has been this heavy was against Rahman and he was awful in that fight. He looked sloppy, off balance and a shadow of the Toney we remember who had class and movement. By round 6 Toney couldnt move anymore and had to stand still. Why he would weigh this much against Randy I dont know because he clearly needs stamina in the cage for 5 minute rounds and thats exactly what he didnt have last time he weighed this much. He is obviously banking on winning with 1 punch.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Toney v Couture weigh in , Toney looks 5 months pregnant. Toney 237 Couture 220!

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    Had to check boxrec cause I couldn't remember the last time Toney stopped anyone. Since it was 7 years ago can we lose the "Lights Out" moniker and start calling him "Third Trimester" ?
    Toney Ko'd some bum last year in 2 rounds.

237 is Toneys highest weight ever. The only time he has been this heavy was against Rahman and he was awful in that fight. He looked sloppy, off balance and a shadow of the Toney we remember who had class and movement. By round 6 Toney couldnt move anymore and had to stand still. Why he would weigh this much against Randy I dont know because he clearly needs stamina in the cage for 5 minute rounds and thats exactly what he didnt have last time he weighed this much. He is obviously banking on winning with 1 punch.
    I still like the ring of James "Third Trimester" Toney.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    Also Toney getting a reported $750k to a million hahaha, Ufc is taking over boxing but Toney who is not even a draw in boxing gets paid that amount of money when the likes of Carwin gets 40k for a world title fight hahaha!!
    Is this a fact? If so then it looks like MMA is desperate for celebrities and it is freak fights that generate PPV $. Doesn't surprise me much cause when it gets gay in the cage then the average viewer doesn't realize WTF is going on - in boxing they can at least see the punches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by therealremi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    Also Toney getting a reported $750k to a million hahaha, Ufc is taking over boxing but Toney who is not even a draw in boxing gets paid that amount of money when the likes of Carwin gets 40k for a world title fight hahaha!!
    Is this a fact? If so then it looks like MMA is desperate for celebrities and it is freak fights that generate PPV $. Doesn't surprise me much cause when it gets gay in the cage then the average viewer doesn't realize WTF is going on - in boxing they can at least see the punches.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_yl...dw-toney082710

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erik_corrales View Post
    interesting, most boxing fans in this forum are actually doubting a toney win. that just shows that this forum is very different from other testosteroney-my discipline beats your discipline forums.
    Yeah but this forum has posters who think they could hang with the best fighter in the sport. Beat that Eastside Boxing.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Love Toney,one of my all time favorites. Not a fan at all of mma, don't know much at all of Couture except he has a great first name...... I want Toney to get absolutely pole axed and beat convincingly ?! And I'm still trying to figure out why.

It all comes down to Toney needing to catch him coming in. That's it and that's the only question and possibility for Toney. A all time great, a master calculator and ring general with infighting, defensive throw back wiz who at peak I personally believe could have competed in any era, with any fighter, and more than held his own on equal terms.......has become and is content to be a farcical cartoon relying on 'punchers chance' in a theater he knows little of,now painfully unintelligable to listen to. He's one step away from strapping on gimmick gloves, waistband high around chest and taking on boxing circus bears for Sunday crowds at the State fair.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 08-28-2010 at 05:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    interesting, most boxing fans in this forum are actually doubting a toney win. that just shows that this forum is very different from other testosteroney-my discipline beats your discipline forums.
    Yeah but this forum has posters who think they could hang with the best fighter in the sport. Beat that Eastside Boxing.
    ICB is NEVER gonna live that down.
    Hidden Content

www.twitter.com/BoxingBantz

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The more i've thought about this today, the more disappointed i've got with Toney. He really is letting boxing down going in so much overweight. I know WE (as boxing fans) all know this is not really James "lights out" Toney, the man that KO'd Michael Nunn and shocked the world and then went on to defend his title multiple times and then move up through the weights winning titles and so on.

But the likes of Dana White (a guy who really pisses me off by constantly playing boxing against the UFC, yet keeps on insisting he is "such a big boxing fan" even though he doesn't even know who Juan Manuel Marquez is) will make out that this is the guy that fought tonight and not just some fat bloke who looks a bit like him and is 15 years past his prime.

I am really hoping for Toney to land a big shot before he gets taken down and then inevitably beaten to a pulp, otherwise all we are going to hear is how much better the MMA fighters are than boxers. But my hopes are being dashed by Toney clearly not being in shape for this fight. I know I should know better but when I read this week that Toney wants to win his UFC fight then come back to boxing and unify the HW division by beating Haye and the Klits, I really thought Toney had sorted his head out and was getting ready for one last shot at the big time, and despite the fact I KNOW he has no chance of beating Haye or the Klits, I thought he was going to go down fighting at least. But then what does he do? He comes in weighing 20lbs more than in his last boxing match when he was still out of shape and a full 80lbs more than when he fought his historic battle with Nunn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Toney to win using a rear naked choke.

Couture's gonna tap out like a bitch.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by koppas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    ICB is NEVER gonna live that down.
    I think Toney needs to start swimming a mile a day

Thread Information