Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toney v Couture weigh in , Toney looks 5 months pregnant. Toney 237 Couture 220!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Toney v Couture weigh in , Toney looks 5 months pregnant. Toney 237 Couture 220!

Pics here!

TD Garden - UFC 118: Weigh In Pics - One of the most amazing things that happened at Weigh ins was not Gabe Ruediger making weight becaus

Toney is getting hammered glad I got a bit of the 5/2 on Couture first round win I think that is a decent bet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Toney v Couture weigh in , Toney looks 5 months pregnant. Toney 237 Couture 220!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Toney v Couture weigh in , Toney looks 5 months pregnant. Toney 237 Couture 220!

Also Toney getting a reported $750k to a million hahaha, Ufc is taking over boxing but Toney who is not even a draw in boxing gets paid that amount of money when the likes of Carwin gets 40k for a world title fight hahaha!!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

5/2 for the first round looks a great bet.

I bet Couture gets him down inside the first 60 secs, then it's goodnight vienna for Toney.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Toney connects though it will be "Lights Out" for Couture. Don't forget he's never fought anyone with the hand speed, skill or power of Toney and he's been sparked with punches before. And then when you take into account Toneys timing I don't think this is such a foregone conclusion.

I'll admit if Toney gets taken down it should be over but if Couture tries charging at Toney with his head down, his head will get knocked off by a real boxers uppercut. Couture will have to be careful in the way he tries to take Toney down. Also if Toney does some dirty boxing (holding the back of Coutures head whilst punching), which is legal in the UFC but not in boxing due to the danger, I think the UFC may well see it's first death.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post
    If Toney connects though it will be "Lights Out" for Couture. Don't forget he's never fought anyone with the hand speed, skill or power of Toney and he's been sparked with punches before. And then when you take into account Toneys timing I don't think this is such a foregone conclusion.

I'll admit if Toney gets taken down it should be over but if Couture tries charging at Toney with his head down, his head will get knocked off by a real boxers uppercut. Couture will have to be careful in the way he tries to take Toney down. Also if Toney does some dirty boxing (holding the back of Coutures head whilst punching), which is legal in the UFC but not in boxing due to the danger, I think the UFC may well see it's first death.
    Mate you serious? Randy Couture is one of the best grapplers/Wrestlers the sport has seen, I will have any bet sig bet whatever you wan't this will be a beatdown of the highest proportion, it's not even if he is facing a boxer who is at his highest level right now, he is facing a fat over the hill 40 year old.

I personally think this is Dana White trying to make a point boxing is dead and with Couture beating Toney with ease the headlines will be along the lines of UFC proves it is superior sport to boxing blah blah blah, where in reality imagine Couture fighting someone on the same level as him if the roles were reversed, Couture facing Toney in a boxing ring would be even worst, for someone with no Mixed Martial background to be thrown in on his debut against a bit past it but still a top UFC fighter is a bit silly really and anyone who thinks Toney is winning this is a bit silly themsleves imo.

Also to me it looks like Toney is there for the million doller payday if he had trained like he meant business he wouldn't have a gut like a ready to pop pregnant woman.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post

Mate you serious? Randy Couture is one of the best grapplers/Wrestlers the sport has seen, I will have any bet sig bet whatever you wan't this will be a beatdown of the highest proportion, it's not even if he is facing a boxer who is at his highest level right now, he is facing a fat over the hill 40 year old.

I personally think this is Dana White trying to make a point boxing is dead and with Couture beating Toney with ease the headlines will be along the lines of UFC proves it is superior sport to boxing blah blah blah, where in reality imagine Couture fighting someone on the same level as him if the roles were reversed, Couture facing Toney in a boxing ring would be even worst, for someone with no Mixed Martial background to be thrown in on his debut against a bit past it but still a top UFC fighter is a bit silly really and anyone who thinks Toney is winning this is a bit silly themsleves imo.

Also to me it looks like Toney is there for the million doller payday if he had trained like he meant business he wouldn't have a gut like a ready to pop pregnant woman.
    Yes and I expect Couture to win. But as Ray Mercer showed last year. If a Boxer (even an out of shape boxer with zero movement) lands on an MMA fighter, they will be knocked out. Thats what I'm saying. I know Toney is out of shape again and if Couture gets him down it's over, but whilst it's stood up and Toneys punching he has a very polished art behind him and that art is striking.

I don't care how fat Toney is, his timing is always good and even in boxing he has some power. Believe me if he hits Randy good Couture will never have felt a punch like it and he's hardly got a great chin anymore anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

interesting, most boxing fans in this forum are actually doubting a toney win. that just shows that this forum is very different from other testosteroney-my discipline beats your discipline forums.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes and I expect Couture to win. But as Ray Mercer showed last year. If a Boxer (even an out of shape boxer with zero movement) lands on an MMA fighter, they will be knocked out. Thats what I'm saying. I know Toney is out of shape again and if Couture gets him down it's over, but whilst it's stood up and Toneys punching he has a very polished art behind him and that art is striking.

I don't care how fat Toney is, his timing is always good and even in boxing he has some power. Believe me if he hits Randy good Couture will never have felt a punch like it and he's hardly got a great chin anymore anyway.
    Mercer was fighting a stand up MMA fighter for starters so bit different situation, I have had a very tasty bet on this ending in the first 5 minutes and I am super confident.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erik_corrales View Post
    interesting, most boxing fans in this forum are actually doubting a toney win. that just shows that this forum is very different from other testosteroney-my discipline beats your discipline forums.
    Yeah, on some MMA forum people seriously think Kimbo Slice has some chances in boxing. (Although they clarify that they don't think he can beat the Klitschkos ).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by therealremi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erik_corrales View Post
    Yeah, on some MMA forum people seriously think Kimbo Slice has some chances in boxing. (Although they clarify that they don't think he can beat the Klitschkos ).
    I actually think ICE could hang with Kimbo Slice as long as he completes his customary mile swim at the local baths before hand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just found this. 2 mins in.

Toney: "I'll fight you both you on the same night".

Toney: "I'll beat you and yo' moma's ass".

Eubank was speechless then came out with: ""I can't sleep at night when people say this" LOL
    Hidden Content

www.twitter.com/BoxingBantz

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mercer was fighting a stand up MMA fighter for starters so bit different situation, I have had a very tasty bet on this ending in the first 5 minutes and I am super confident.
    I think if I was to bet on the fight I would take the same one but Toney is very dangerous against a none boxer whilst the fight is stood up whether he is out of shape or not, that is the point i'm trying to make and that is why I give Toney a chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by koppas View Post
    Just found this. 2 mins in.

Toney: "I'll fight you both you on the same night".

Toney: "I'll beat you and yo' moma's ass".

Eubank was speechless then came out with: ""I can't sleep at night when people say this" LOL

Toney's speech there to now is quite shocking really, they even had subtitles on the UFC promo, love or hate Toney he is the best talker since Ali for sure.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Had to check boxrec cause I couldn't remember the last time Toney stopped anyone. Since it was 7 years ago can we lose the "Lights Out" moniker and start calling him "Third Trimester" ?

Thread Information