Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Khan v Maidana not in the UK now Vegas or Detroit

Amir Khan set to fight Marcos Maidana in Detroit or Las Vegas | Mail Online

M.E.N and O2 booked out on the 11th December, Detroit because there is a big Muslim community?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Khan v Maidana not in the UK now Vegas or Detroit

Good for the kid if he takes on Maidana, but as of right now it's just mere speculation. Let's see if the fight can be agreed upon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by generalbulldog View Post
    Good for the kid if he takes on Maidana, but as of right now it's just mere speculation. Let's see if the fight can be agreed upon.

The details and contracts have been agreed all that is needed is the signature should be signed and sealed in the next few days.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Naz-Soto was put in Detroit because of the huge Arab community - it did 13-15,000 punters.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Naz-Soto was put in Detroit because of the huge Arab community - it did 13-15,000 punters.
    Never new that could be good idea then.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post

The details and contracts have been agreed all that is needed is the signature should be signed and sealed in the next few days.
    If that is the case, then Khan silences a lot of critics including myself. I have never denied his talent, but just wished he stepped it up a little and it looks like he has.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If that is the case, then Khan silences a lot of critics including myself. I have never denied his talent, but just wished he stepped it up a little and it looks like he has.
    Richard what ever his name Sheffner? Has said that contracts have been passed to both parties and just waiting for them to be signed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IF the fight happens i expect khan to out box him. maidana does have a punchers chance though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

looking forward to this one

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with this statement. He signs up to fight a big puncher in Maidana and he is due credit.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Khan schools Maidana all the haters will say he was crap anyway - lucky to beat Ortiz, lost to Kotelnik, struggled with old Corley, then everyone will start claiming Khan is ducking Bradley, ducked Marquez, ducked Katsidis...

You know it's gonna happen, it always does

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a step in the right direction though, Fenster. Maidana is no name, but carries a bit of lick. Khan might well outbox him, but it's on the record that I think it is a step in the right direction. A lot of people want to see Khan in with a puncher. Even if not the most skilled, it's a proper step in the direction of potential risk. And that's what all boxing fans want to see, a fight with just that slight element of danger. It Khan wins this, then no doubt I will want more danger! Khan is not among the elite at 140 yet, despite his win over Paulie. There are more important fighters out there. Stick him in there with Bradley, that's what I want above all else.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    It's a step in the right direction though, Fenster. Maidana is no name, but carries a bit of lick. Khan might well outbox him, but it's on the record that I think it is a step in the right direction. A lot of people want to see Khan in with a puncher. Even if not the most skilled, it's a proper step in the direction of potential risk. And that's what all boxing fans want to see, a fight with just that slight element of danger. It Khan wins this, then no doubt I will want more danger! Khan is not among the elite at 140 yet, despite his win over Paulie. There are more important fighters out there. Stick him in there with Bradley, that's what I want above all else.
    I have no problem with you being a Khan hater, Miles, but to say he is not elite at 140 is ridiculous.

He has wins over current top ten rated lightwelters and has better form than current top ten rated lightwelters. He is clearly an elite 140 fighter.

However much you dislike him this can't be disputed. Fact.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have no problem with you being a Khan hater, Miles, but to say he is not elite at 140 is ridiculous.

He has wins over current top ten rated lightwelters and has better form than current top ten rated lightwelters. He is clearly an elite 140 fighter.

Oh please, you're making it sound like that people who criticized Khan was doing it because they were irrational.

They just wanted to see him in a fight where it's not a foregone conclusion that he would win easily. As Miles put it this is a good fight because Maidana has the power to ko him like that, instead of fighting guys like feather fisted Paulie, crap WBA fringe contender like Salita, trying to fight a shot Morales, or a small and undersized JMM who has no business fighting past 135.

Khan is finally taking a fight that has an air of danger in it.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No, he is not elite. He does have the potential to be so though. He's just a belt holder.

It's all smoke and mirrors thus far, but a Maidana fight is a serious move in the right direction.

The Khan hater tag is wearing a bit thin tbh, he's doing alright for himself and I don't see too many threads where I am attacking him for his boxing these days.

Okay, if he sends a text of his willy and it gets in the papers and someone starts a thread then I might be critical, but otherwise, I am pretty easy going.

Like GB says let's just see him in good fights for once.

Thread Information