0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Erik Morales Vs Willie Limond

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    I still don't get how he stopped him. He didn't seem to land much but a few body shots.
    Going by Limonds reactions i would guess those body shots hurt. Hope this helps.
    Haha you sarcy cunt.
    Come on you deserved that
    Haha i know. What i meant was, he didn't immediately seem that hurt by them and he carried on throwing for a few seconds before just touching down. I was wondering if he was knackered rather than badly hurt...
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Probably a combination. Body shots often have a delayed reaction and that first one really seemed to take the wind out of his sails. Prior to that Limond had been slowing down, so I think a combination of fighting being fatigued at altitude and hurting a lot to the body which Morales kept targetting.

Morales looked a bit shot for the first3, but he did sharpen up well. I don't know how he fares against anyone good tbh.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    Anyone know why Erik was holding the WBC title after the fight?

One of the special belts that they give certain fights now like the shitty Diamond one Pac Cotto fought for.
    lol so Morales is now the wbc gold, frankincense and myrrh Super dooper welterweight champ cuz of his win over the legendary Willie Limond. These titles are so humiliating the fighters should be boxing not to win them. The loser should go home with the belt as punishment.
    yet when Barrera was fighting Khan for the vacant WBO Inter-Continental lightweight title, you tried to make it out as if Barrera was going for his 4th in his 4th division , all titles are crap

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Probably a combination. Body shots often have a delayed reaction and that first one really seemed to take the wind out of his sails. Prior to that Limond had been slowing down, so I think a combination of fighting being fatigued at altitude and hurting a lot to the body which Morales kept targetting.

Morales looked a bit shot for the first3, but he did sharpen up well. I don't know how he fares against anyone good tbh.
    Thinking about it now because thats what I thought as well, that he looked craap to start with. His first comeback fight was 6 months before this, thats a fair amount of time between fights when youve been out a few years. Hopefully he takes a fight late in November and then I reckon he will look alot sharper, sooner in the fight. Maybe take on a Casamayor then Juan Diaz?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    Anyone know why Erik was holding the WBC title after the fight?

One of the special belts that they give certain fights now like the shitty Diamond one Pac Cotto fought for.
    lol so Morales is now the wbc gold, frankincense and myrrh Super dooper welterweight champ cuz of his win over the legendary Willie Limond. These titles are so humiliating the fighters should be boxing not to win them. The loser should go home with the belt as punishment.
    yet when Barrera was fighting Khan for the vacant WBO Inter-Continental lightweight title, you tried to make it out as if Barrera was going for his 4th in his 4th division , all titles are crap
    No I didnt. If it was for the world title it would have been but the WBO didnt sanction it. Morales is shaming himself by clinging onto titles that mean nothing. It was like Audley holding the WBF title.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I still don't get how he stopped him. He didn't seem to land much but a few body shots.
    Going by Limonds reactions i would guess those body shots hurt. Hope this helps.
    Haha you sarcy cunt.
    Come on you deserved that
    Haha i know. What i meant was, he didn't immediately seem that hurt by them and he carried on throwing for a few seconds before just touching down. I was wondering if he was knackered rather than badly hurt...
    I think he just quit cuz he sensed the fight was slipping away from him. Im always sus when a fighter punches the canvas in anger when a second earlier he was supposed to be crippled by a body shot. Reminded me of Oscar - Hopkins when he had to mask his relief by pretending to be disapointed. I dont think a punch landed for the final Limond Knockdown.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

here's a thread you started about Barrera fighting for a "world title" when it's just a garbage interim title, both Morales and Barrera are fighting for the same thing, a record 4th title, their in the same exact boat

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...-jan-31-a.html

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[ Im always sus when a fighter punches the canvas in anger when a second earlier he was supposed to be crippled by a body shot. Reminded me of Oscar - Hopkins when he had to mask his relief by pretending to be disapointed. I dont think a punch landed for the final Limond Knockdown.
    Limmond had the air knocked out of him, he couldnt breath! Iv been hit by a shot to the ribs like that before and every punch after on the same spot just winds you. It must be because it bruises the diaphragm, the muscle that draws air in to the lungs.

His punching the canvas was genuine frustration, knowing that he had blown his chance after a good few rounds. Oscars combination on the canvas wasnt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Morales is 130% shot and he'll get taken apart by any top fighter. I want no part of him against Marquez.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

here's a thread you started about Barrera fighting for a "world title" when it's just a garbage interim title, both Morales and Barrera are fighting for the same thing, a record 4th title, their in the same exact boat

Yeah whats your point. I still say the same thing. If the WBO sanctioned the fight it would have been Barrera 4th weight world title. That crappy WBC superdooper trash Morales was clinging onto after beating Limond wasnt a world title by any stretch.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah whats your point. I still say the same thing. If the WBO sanctioned the fight it would have been Barrera 4th weight world title. That crappy WBC superdooper trash Morales was clinging onto after beating Limond wasnt a world title by any stretch.
    ummm my point is that's a thread YOU started, trying to build up a fight Barrera was rumored to be having for a vacant INTERIM title as a world title fight, an interim belt is by no means a WORLD TITLE, it's not that complicated

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sad to see an old used-up Eric Morales in there with the visible fat on his sides bulging over his trunks.
    He used to be in such razor-sharp condition without an ounce of fat on him, but even old, fat, and slow, he still delivered some wicked left hooks to the liver to stop Limond.

Morales dropped a ton of weight for this fight.
    I was amazed at just how fat he got after retirement but didn't cast stones nor think any less of him.
    I think he was a great fighter. After years of extremely hard training and taking physical abuse, they deserve to take it easy.

If a man was once world-class, even when he's old and faded and can't do the job at the top anymore, he'll still be able to beat the Willie Limonds of the world who were never world-class to begin with.

It's why an ancient Larry Holmes and an ancient George Foreman were able to consistently knock over all those young 20-something year old club-fighters who were in their physical primes.

EDIT:
    Eric Morales and Margarito.

Morales and Pacquiao:

Last edited by bradlee180; 09-15-2010 at 03:17 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bradlee180 View Post
    Sad to see an old used-up Eric Morales in there with the visible fat on his sides bulging over his trunks.
    He used to be in such razor-sharp condition without an ounce of fat on him, but even old, fat, and slow, he still delivered some wicked left hooks to the liver to stop Limond.

Morales dropped a ton of weight for this fight.
    I was amazed at just how fat he got after retirement but didn't cast stones nor think any less of him.
    I think he was a great fighter. After years of extremely hard training and taking physical abuse, they deserve to take it easy.

If a man was once world-class, even when he's old and faded and can't do the job at the top anymore, he'll still be able to beat the Willie Limonds of the world who were never world-class to begin with.

It's why an ancient Larry Holmes and an ancient George Foreman were able to consistently knock over all those young 20-something year old club-fighters who were in their physical primes.

EDIT:
    Eric Morales and Margarito.

Morales and Pacquiao:

you should take Foreman's name off of there cause an old Foreman still ended up the Undisputed Heavyweight Champion of the World, and beat up a guy who will be fighting for the WBC HW title next month (Foreman was robbed against Briggs)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Big George Foreman etched an unforgettable chapter in Boxing lore by becoming the lineal Heavyweight Champion at 45 years old. Deserves tremendous respect for that accomplishment. 2 time Heavyweight champion.
    I was so moved when he went to his knees in the corner and prayed.

However, I think ultimately that win was bad for boxing.
    It brought in a lot of money and media to see if the old man could do it, but his win was ultimately bad for the sport.

No 45 year old man should be able to whup a 27 year old Heavyweight Champ in his physical prime; it's a travesty.

It bespeaks the old saying that fighters today aren't as good as the fighters of yesteryear. I want to stay positive and give today's fighters the credit, but there it is:
    Young prime George gets KO'd by Ali, he gets knocked down and decisioned by a feather-fisted Jimmy Young, bopped around by Ron Lyle, retires for 10 years and then can come back and knock out the #1 Heavyweight in the world?! At 45 years old.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bradlee180 View Post
    Big George Foreman etched an unforgettable chapter in Boxing lore by becoming the lineal Heavyweight Champion at 45 years old. Deserves tremendous respect for that accomplishment. 2 time Heavyweight champion.
    I was so moved when he went to his knees in the corner and prayed.

However, I think ultimately that win was bad for boxing.
    It brought in a lot of money and media to see if the old man could do it, but his win was ultimately bad for the sport.

No 45 year old man should be able to whup a 27 year old Heavyweight Champ in his physical prime; it's a travesty.

It bespeaks the old saying that fighters today aren't as good as the fighters of yesteryear. I want to stay positive and give today's fighters the credit, but there it is:
    Young prime George gets KO'd by Ali, he gets knocked down and decisioned by a feather-fisted Jimmy Young, bopped around by Ron Lyle, retires for 10 years and then can come back and knock out the #1 Heavyweight in the world?! At 45 years old.

or it goes to show what a fully dedicated HW with awesome power can do when he's completely motivated, i don't see it as a negative at all

Thread Information