Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    here's a thread you started about Barrera fighting for a "world title" when it's just a garbage interim title, both Morales and Barrera are fighting for the same thing, a record 4th title, their in the same exact boat

http://www.saddoboxing.com/boxingfor...-jan-31-a.html
    Yeah whats your point. I still say the same thing. If the WBO sanctioned the fight it would have been Barrera 4th weight world title. That crappy WBC superdooper trash Morales was clinging onto after beating Limond wasnt a world title by any stretch.
    ummm my point is that's a thread YOU started, trying to build up a fight Barrera was rumored to be having for a vacant INTERIM title as a world title fight, an interim belt is by no means a WORLD TITLE, it's not that complicated
    It was gonna be for the world title. It wasnt interim. I dont understand which bit is confusing you. A proper world title means summat.
    re-read your OWN original post, it says INTERIM pretty damn clearly there

"According to the word coming out of Mexico, Marco Antonio Barrera's upcoming bout against Johnny Nolasco (17-4, 8KOs) will be for the vacant WBO interim-lightweight title.The ten round lightweight contest will take place in Guadalajara, Mexico on January 31."
    The point is it wasnt for the title. Had it been then it would have been a genuine 4th title which is what Ive always said. Morales belt he was holding after limond was not a legit title and only a Morales fanboy would say it was
    ummm where have i claimed on here that it was a legit title? i said both Barrera and Morales have only been fighting for little trinkets that are even more garbage that the rest of the so called world titles, the only thing is you have it as being ok when Barrera did it, and now try to slam Morales for doing the same thing

both guys are fighting for fancy paperweights, only a Barrera fanboy would try to slam Morales for it and then go on to try to play up Barrera's "accomplishments" when he does the same exact thing
    Its not the exact same thing though is it. a Proper legit world title means more than whatever that strap Morales was holding on Saturday means. You will never accept this fact so theres no point going on with this debate.
    Morales won the WBC Silver welterweight title, which is nothing more than another interim title/ paper weight, Barrera was gonna fight for the WBO INTERIM TITLE, it's exactly the same thing, are you honestly that dense? it doesn't matter what title either guy was fighting for cause their both pointless
    So Morales fighting David Diaz for the WBC title meant nothing either? That was a legit title just as the Wbo world title is legit. Silver superdooper welterweigt title is not a legit title thats the difference. You clearly arent getting it so I feel like im wasting time explaing but then again you need to be educated.

Ross - Stay out of it. This has nothing to do with queers so be quiet.
    dude, you're clearly not getting it, i already said that the silver title is a piece of shit, but then again so is the WBO Interim title, Barrera was never in line to be fighting Marquez, Bradley, or Pacquiao, so he was never gonna fight for a legit title, both guys are wasting their time and should be retired, the only one being a blind fanboy here is you, i haven't defended Morales fighting for the pointless WBC Silverbelt yet you make a whole thread about Barrera fighting for some INTERIM TITLE and dub it as if he's fighting for an actual WORLD TITLE, you seriously need to take the love glasses off

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Erik Morales Vs Willie Limond

here's a thread you started about Barrera fighting for a "world title" when it's just a garbage interim title, both Morales and Barrera are fighting for the same thing, a record 4th title, their in the same exact boat

Yeah whats your point. I still say the same thing. If the WBO sanctioned the fight it would have been Barrera 4th weight world title. That crappy WBC superdooper trash Morales was clinging onto after beating Limond wasnt a world title by any stretch.
    ummm my point is that's a thread YOU started, trying to build up a fight Barrera was rumored to be having for a vacant INTERIM title as a world title fight, an interim belt is by no means a WORLD TITLE, it's not that complicated
    It was gonna be for the world title. It wasnt interim. I dont understand which bit is confusing you. A proper world title means summat.

"According to the word coming out of Mexico, Marco Antonio Barrera's upcoming bout against Johnny Nolasco (17-4, 8KOs) will be for the vacant WBO interim-lightweight title.The ten round lightweight contest will take place in Guadalajara, Mexico on January 31."
    The point is it wasnt for the title. Had it been then it would have been a genuine 4th title which is what Ive always said. Morales belt he was holding after limond was not a legit title and only a Morales fanboy would say it was
    ummm where have i claimed on here that it was a legit title? i said both Barrera and Morales have only been fighting for little trinkets that are even more garbage that the rest of the so called world titles, the only thing is you have it as being ok when Barrera did it, and now try to slam Morales for doing the same thing

both guys are fighting for fancy paperweights, only a Barrera fanboy would try to slam Morales for it and then go on to try to play up Barrera's "accomplishments" when he does the same exact thing
    Its not the exact same thing though is it. a Proper legit world title means more than whatever that strap Morales was holding on Saturday means. You will never accept this fact so theres no point going on with this debate.
    Morales won the WBC Silver welterweight title, which is nothing more than another interim title/ paper weight, Barrera was gonna fight for the WBO INTERIM TITLE, it's exactly the same thing, are you honestly that dense? it doesn't matter what title either guy was fighting for cause their both pointless
    So Morales fighting David Diaz for the WBC title meant nothing either? That was a legit title just as the Wbo world title is legit. Silver superdooper welterweigt title is not a legit title thats the difference. You clearly arent getting it so I feel like im wasting time explaing but then again you need to be educated.

dude, you're clearly not getting it, i already said that the silver title is a piece of shit, but then again so is the WBO Interim title, Barrera was never in line to be fighting Marquez, Bradley, or Pacquiao, so he was never gonna fight for a legit title, both guys are wasting their time and should be retired, the only one being a blind fanboy here is you, i haven't defended Morales fighting for the pointless WBC Silverbelt yet you make a whole thread about Barrera fighting for some INTERIM TITLE and dub it as if he's fighting for an actual WORLD TITLE, you seriously need to take the love glasses off
    You clearly want the last word here and I'll show myself to be the bigger man by letting you have it so feel free to comeback with the same old recycled rubbish where you totally miss the point that a WBO world title is legit and silverdooper belt means nothing. Ive proven my point but your reluctance to accept the truth only goes to show that your love for Morales and jealousy of Barrera is preventing to from being unbiased.

Adios

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You clearly want the last word here and I'll show myself to be the bigger man by letting you have it so feel free to comeback with the same old recycled rubbish where you totally miss the point that a WBO world title is legit and silverdooper belt means nothing. Ive proven my point but your reluctance to accept the truth only goes to show that your love for Morales and jealousy of Barrera is preventing to from being unbiased.

Adios
    yea dude i'm done arguing with you, you're as thick as a brick, if Barrera was ever in line to fight Marquez (the WBO LIGHTWEIGHT CHAMP), Bradley (the WBO JR-Welterweight Champ), or Pacquiao (the WBO Welterweight CHAMP) than you'd have a case, but he never has been in line to fight for an actual WORLD TITLE since Pacquiao beat him the second time, plain and simple both Morales and Barrera haven't fought for a world title for a good 3 years now, BOTH guys have only been up for dinky Silverbelts and INTERIM (emphasis on the INTERIM) titles, your blinded by your love of Barrera, and i'm speaking from a neutral perspective by not glorifying what Morales is doing, neither guy is helping their legacies right now, so how am i being biased when i slam Morales for the same thing yet i don't try to kid myself into thinking that Barrera is doing anything different

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well now hopefully those Two have stopped scratching and pulling each others hair

Apparently Morales has offered Limmond a rematch
    Willie Limond considering Erik Morales' offer of a Mexican rematch - The Daily Record

Total waste of time, if it does happen. He should go for Cassamayor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Well now hopefully those Two have stopped scratching and pulling each others hair

Apparently Morales has offered Limmond a rematch
    Willie Limond considering Erik Morales' offer of a Mexican rematch - The Daily Record

Total waste of time, if it does happen. He should go for Cassamayor.

Limond took one to many blows rematch my arse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

everytime i think nady cant get any worse of a ref he goes and proves me wrong

the fastest couple of ten counts i have ever come across, it was literally like something out of the wwf, limond had barely touched the canvas by the time nady had reached 8

shocking performance from the worst ref this sport has ever had,
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by HattonTheHammer View Post

the fastest couple of ten counts i have ever come across, it was literally like something out of the wwf, limond had barely touched the canvas by the time nady had reached 8

Dave Parris and Terry O Conner might argue with that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HattonTheHammer View Post

Dave Parris and Terry O Conner might argue with that.

Agreed. Those two are have to be considered when the subject of awful refs gets brought up

Ross -

If there is a rematch I hope it isnt in Mexico because the heat might have had summat to do with Limonds sudden collpase. I think he would lose a rematch regradless but would do better if it was in Scotland then he might be able to pull out a heroic effort like Burns.

I agree that Casamayor would be a good fight for Morales at this point. Both trying to stay in the picture and both are big names. Casa is there for the taking and Im sure that KD he scored in the last round vs the Ghost Guerro will convince him he still has a punch even though for the preceding 9 rounds he just went through the motions. Given Morales heart and Casa's slick southpaw skills it could still be a good fight even though they have equally eroded over the past few years.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fuck it, let Limond have a rematch. Let em have a trilogy! Morales needs to stay in shape for more than a month, plus he needs the target practice.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love Morales, but he's 120% shot.

He'll get destroyed by any legit guy at 135 or 140.

Knocking Willie Limond out with a body shot after looking like crap for 5 rounds is nothing to be excited about.

Thread Information