Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: How good is Adamek at heavyweight?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tomasz Adamek, is he really a big deal as a heavyweight, really??

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tomasz Adamek, is he really a big deal as a heavyweight, really??

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    What about if Adamek chooses the money route and has some big money fights vs Chicken Little, Bernard Hopkins, Evander Holyfield, Antonio Tarver, or Roy Jones Jr. (yes it pains me to say that but IMO Roy would still take that fight and AT HEAVYWEIGHT cases could be made that he has a better chance [although that would be a very hard sell to real fight fans])?

I think the guy has 0 chance vs Wlad or Vitali, but he's got so much heart, determination, and desire that he could beat almost anyone else on any given night.

I think a rematch vs Jonathan Banks could be interesting too, he's been doing well of late. Also Alexander Ustinov the 6'7 300+ pound Ukrainian would pose a huge threat to Adamek at least in size.
    No. Banks is Shite. As soon as he fights a world level fighter again (Which Adamek is no doubt) he will be beaten. Haye would stop Adamek in the mid rounds comforatbly for me. For fuck sake he's just had the fight of his life with Michael Grant who in his prime was shite and he is quite a bit removed from that!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"No. Banks is Shite. As soon as he fights a world level fighter again (Which Adamek is no doubt) he will be beaten. Haye would stop Adamek in the mid rounds comforatbly for me. For fuck sake he's just had the fight of his life with Michael Grant who in his prime was shite and he is quite a bit removed from that!"

Yes but the size is what bothered adamek, not grant's skill. Haye won't have 5 or 6 inches on adamek like grant did. Hell valuev had 8 inches or something on haye, did haye look spectacular in that fight? Don't tell me valuev is much better than grant or something cause the dude should have like 5 freaking losses on his record.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    "No. Banks is Shite. As soon as he fights a world level fighter again (Which Adamek is no doubt) he will be beaten. Haye would stop Adamek in the mid rounds comforatbly for me. For fuck sake he's just had the fight of his life with Michael Grant who in his prime was shite and he is quite a bit removed from that!"

Yes but the size is what bothered adamek, not grant's skill. Haye won't have 5 or 6 inches on adamek like grant did. Hell valuev had 8 inches or something on haye, did haye look spectacular in that fight? Don't tell me valuev is much better than grant or something cause the dude should have like 5 freaking losses on his record.
    I'm not saying Valuev is good but lets face it, a prime Grant was KO'd in the first round by Jameel McCline for fuck sake. Valuev never looked in trouble against that bum, not for a single second. Anyway I don't want to get into this as it sounds like I'm sticking up for Valuev when that is not the case. I'm just emphasising that Grant is really really shit. By the way Valuev had 11 inches on Haye

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hmm haye is listed as 6'3 and valuev as 7'0 on boxrec, so 9 inches according to them, but still same difference. Reason haye didn't look spectacular against valuev is due to the size differential, same reason adamek didn't look spectacular against grant.

"a prime Grant was KO'd in the first round by Jameel McCline for fuck sake." Well a near prime john ruiz was knocked out by tua in round 1, took haye 9 for an over the hill version....I'm not saying adamek beats haye, I'm just saying he would stand a decent enough chance against him. Adamek's got a sturdy chin, and while not the biggest banger at heavy he's got some good skills and haye's chin isn't iron, while I can't see him even connecting on wladimir.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hmm haye is listed as 6'3 and valuev as 7'0 on boxrec, so 9 inches according to them, but still same difference. Reason haye didn't look spectacular against valuev is due to the size differential, same reason adamek didn't look spectacular against grant.

"a prime Grant was KO'd in the first round by Jameel McCline for fuck sake." Well a near prime john ruiz was knocked out by tua in round 1, took haye 9 for an over the hill version....I'm not saying adamek beats haye, I'm just saying he would stand a decent enough chance against him. Adamek's got a sturdy chin, and while not the biggest banger at heavy he's got some good skills and haye's chin isn't iron, while I can't see him even connecting on wladimir.
    I actually agree with you regarding Haye. I think Adamek has an excellent shot of beating him. I don't rate either of them as top ten heavies. Sure I mean they should be in the top 10 on results, Adamek beat Arreola and Haye beat Valuev so fair enough they merit their spots. But I think there are 10 people in the heavyweight division who could beat both of them in all honesty.

Neither imo has fought a legit top 10 opponent. Valuev is the worst heavyweight champ since Primo Carnera. He held a title soley because of boxing politics. Larry Donald beat him. John Ruiz beat him first time around. Ruslan Chagaev beat him, even Evander Holyfield beat him. It was just politics and corruption that won him those fights, he was never a top 10 fighter. David Haye didn't do any more an impressive job on him than those guys mentioned, but at that time he was making a lot of noise and he was more marketable, hence he got the decision against Valuev when less fashionable fighters didn't

It happens in the heavyweight division a lot. Just look at poor Fres Oquendo and how he always gets the short straw against him bigger name rivals.

I really can't see Adamek or Haye beating any of the following.

Wlad
    Vitali
    Povetkin
    Chambers
    Solis
    Thompson
    Gomez
    Chagaev

I also think Dimitrenko beats Adamek, although I think Haye might have the power to knock him out.

I think even Derek Chisora gives them both a tough fight.

Then there are tough, big men like Briggs, Brewster, Mcline even who might be able to cause an upset.

There is such a gulf between the Klitscko's and these guys its unreal imo.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"I really can't see Adamek or Haye beating any of the following.

Wlad
    Vitali
    Povetkin
    Chambers
    Solis
    Thompson
    Gomez
    Chagaev

I also think Dimitrenko beats Adamek, although I think Haye might have the power to knock him out.

Then there are tough, big men like Briggs, Brewster, Mcline even who might be able to cause an upset.

There is such a gulf between the Klitscko's and these guys its unreal imo."

I agree in that there is a huge gulf between the klitschkos and the rest hence why I don't think neither adamek or haye stand a chance against them. Unlike the rest of the huge guys in the division they come in shape, got skills and smarts to go with their size. I can see adamek and haye having a decent shot enough shot against the rest tho.

Chambers isn't all that in my opinion he's got good defensive skills but gets lazy, as witnessed in his loss to povetkin, granted a few years back. Povetkin doesn't have a huge punch nor is he all that big, so don't see why adamek or haye couldn't take him. Haven't seen enough of solis but he doesn't seem to think he needs to come in shape, and well we know how those fighters tend to do once they face someone world class and determined. Thompson's got a good jab but don't think there is enough power behind it to make adamek worry to much and hed be in his face all night, same honestly for gomez and chagaev. Again I'm not saying adamek necessarily beats any of these people, but see no reason why he wouldn't be able to hang with them.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"I really can't see Adamek or Haye beating any of the following.

Wlad
    Vitali
    Povetkin
    Chambers
    Solis
    Thompson
    Gomez
    Chagaev

There is such a gulf between the Klitscko's and these guys its unreal imo."

I agree in that there is a huge gulf between the klitschkos and the rest hence why I don't think neither adamek or haye stand a chance against them. Unlike the rest of the huge guys in the division they come in shape, got skills and smarts to go with their size. I can see adamek and haye having a decent shot enough shot against the rest tho.

Chambers isn't all that in my opinion he's got good defensive skills but gets lazy, as witnessed in his loss to povetkin, granted a few years back. Povetkin doesn't have a huge punch nor is he all that big, so don't see why adamek or haye couldn't take him. Haven't seen enough of solis but he doesn't seem to think he needs to come in shape, and well we know how those fighters tend to do once they face someone world class and determined. Thompson's got a good jab but don't think there is enough power behind it to make adamek worry to much and hed be in his face all night, same honestly for gomez and chagaev. Again I'm not saying adamek necessarily beats any of these people, but see no reason why he wouldn't be able to hang with them.
    Yeah I can see your point. I don't think he gets blown away by them either, it's just I don't think he's better than any of them, certainly he hasn't proven it yet.

I mean if you look at Arreolas' and Valuev's biggest wins, adameks and Hayes best scalps, who have they beat?

Literally nobody.

Arreola has wins over Chaz Witherspoon, Brian Minto and Jameel Mcline.

Valuev has wins over Lyakhovich and a faded Ruiz in their second fight. I refuse to acknowledge his 'wins' over Holyfield, Donald and Ruiz first time around.

Neither of them has beaten any fighter as good as those listed above, and I believe would lose handily to all of the above.

It just seems to me that both Haye and Adamek have kind of manouvered themselves into the top 5 without facing anyone in the top 10.

Referring to Eddie Chambers, I actually think he handles Haye and Adamek fairly comfortably. His wins over Peter and Dimitrenko impress much more than Arreola and Valuev.

I will say this for Adamek though. At least he hasn't hyped himself like Haye. Other people may be going overboard on him (imo) but he's only talked with his fists. I do respect him for that.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"I will say this for Adamek though. At least he hasn't hyped himself like Haye. Other people may be going overboard on him (imo) but he's only talked with his fists. I do respect him for that."

That's the thing he just comes to fight and does it often. He has a mostly crowd pleasing style and no flamboyance/arrogance outside the ring so it's hard to not like him, and this may have biased some ratings in his favor. We'll have to disagree on chambers beating adamek handily, I don't think his win over dimitrenko was anything special. Dimitrenko fought uninspired, not throwing much, and pretty much gave his height advantage away the entire fight. I think there is a chance that any of the people that you listed have a shot at beating him, but so does adamek at beating them. Difference is they're not as much fun to watch for the casual viewer , hence adamek gets more support.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post

Wlad
    Vitali
    Povetkin
    Chambers
    Solis
    Thompson
    Gomez
    Chagaev
    you might hate haye but you have to be realistic

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

Wlad
    Vitali
    Povetkin
    Chambers
    Solis
    Thompson
    Gomez
    Chagaev
    I think that is realistic. Which of the guys Haye has beat at heavyweight were as good as those above? Brolin, Barret, Valuev and Ruiz. Would you pick any of them to beat any of those above? I rest my case.

Haye has not fought a legit heavyweight yet.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wlad
    Vitali
    Povetkin
    Chambers
    Solis
    Thompson
    Gomez
    Chagaev
    I think that is realistic. Which of the guys Haye has beat at heavyweight were as good as those above? Brolin, Barret, Valuev and Ruiz. Would you pick any of them to beat any of those above? I rest my case.

I could see Haye beating Gomez and Thompson but all the other mentioned would, in my opinion, make a number out of him.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I rest my case - funny

all the guys haye has beat are legit

cummon man, i have disliked boxers in the past but i am realistic about who they couldnt and couldnt beat

lets be honest now, out of your list the only boxers I would put my money on when fighting haye would be the klits

you can be honest too if you like

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post

Wlad
    Vitali
    Povetkin
    Chambers
    Solis
    Thompson
    Gomez
    Chagaev

I could see Haye beating Gomez and Thompson but all the other mentioned would, in my opinion, make a number out of him.

WTF is it with your obsession of hating on british fighters (for those who doubt this blatant fact may i please steer you towards the magnificent seven thread)

haye would absolutely massacre everyone in the division barring vitali, solis and audley harrison

wlad is there to be taken out, he is chinny and doesnt react well to a counter punch
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lightbulb Re: Tomasz Adamek, is he really a big deal as a heavyweight, really??

Quote Originally Posted by HattonTheHammer View Post

Wlad
    Vitali
    Povetkin
    Chambers
    Solis
    Thompson
    Gomez
    Chagaev

WTF is it with your obsession of hating on british fighters (for those who doubt this blatant fact may i please steer you towards the magnificent seven thread)

haye would absolutely massacre everyone in the division barring vitali, solis and audley harrison

wlad is there to be taken out, he is chinny and doesnt react well to a counter punch
    Reading that I got the most revolting image of you and Lefty each tonguing one side of Haye's presumably massive cock, working your up to his bellend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by HattonTheHammer View Post

Wlad
    Vitali
    Povetkin
    Chambers
    Solis
    Thompson
    Gomez
    Chagaev

Reading that I got the most revolting image of you and Lefty each tonguing one side of Haye's presumably massive cock, working your up to his bellend

mate i have no affiliation for haye whatsoever and cannot wait to see him get taken out on a stretcher come november 13th which we all know is going to happen

but CFH is just anti british, he claims that bellows could take out nathan clevery FFS
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Thread Information