Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: How good is Adamek at heavyweight?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tomasz Adamek, is he really a big deal as a heavyweight, really??

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tomasz Adamek, is he really a big deal as a heavyweight, really??

Quote Originally Posted by HattonTheHammer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

I really can't see Adamek or Haye beating any of the following.

Wlad
    Vitali
    Povetkin
    Chambers
    Solis
    Thompson
    Gomez
    Chagaev
    you might hate haye but you have to be realistic
    I think that is realistic. Which of the guys Haye has beat at heavyweight were as good as those above? Brolin, Barret, Valuev and Ruiz. Would you pick any of them to beat any of those above? I rest my case.

Haye has not fought a legit heavyweight yet.
    I could see Haye beating Gomez and Thompson but all the other mentioned would, in my opinion, make a number out of him.

WTF is it with your obsession of hating on british fighters (for those who doubt this blatant fact may i please steer you towards the magnificent seven thread)

haye would absolutely massacre everyone in the division barring vitali, solis and audley harrison

wlad is there to be taken out, he is chinny and doesnt react well to a counter punch
    Question: Where do you see, in what I wrote, any hate toward the British boxers? I just said that Haye is not that much of a big thing for the HW, that has nothing to do with "hate for Brits boxers", especially because I didn't write nothing in the magnificent 7 thread. Relax your obsession with Haye, have a beer and it should then all be alright
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think that is realistic. Which of the guys Haye has beat at heavyweight were as good as those above? Brolin, Barret, Valuev and Ruiz. Would you pick any of them to beat any of those above? I rest my case.

I rest my case - funny

all the guys haye has beat are legit

cummon man, i have disliked boxers in the past but i am realistic about who they couldnt and couldnt beat

lets be honest now, out of your list the only boxers I would put my money on when fighting haye would be the klits

you can be honest too if you like
    We'll see how he goes. My guess is he avoids all of the above for as long as possible. I've really got a sneaky feeling Derek Chisora takes him out. I'd LOVE that to happen, if big Aud doesn't get there first of course

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wlad
    Vitali
    Povetkin
    Chambers
    Solis
    Thompson
    Gomez
    Chagaev

I could see Haye beating Gomez and Thompson but all the other mentioned would, in my opinion, make a number out of him.

WTF is it with your obsession of hating on british fighters (for those who doubt this blatant fact may i please steer you towards the magnificent seven thread)

haye would absolutely massacre everyone in the division barring vitali, solis and audley harrison

wlad is there to be taken out, he is chinny and doesnt react well to a counter punch
    Question: Where do you see, in what I wrote, any hate toward the British boxers? I just said that Haye is not that much of a big thing for the HW, that has nothing to do with "hate for Brits boxers", especially because I didn't write nothing in the magnificent 7 thread. Relax your obsession with Haye, have a beer and it should then all be alright

sorry nameless mate i meant this at CFH not your good self

i love you like a non-gay brother nameless, you know that right
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I rest my case - funny

cummon man, i have disliked boxers in the past but i am realistic about who they couldnt and couldnt beat

lets be honest now, out of your list the only boxers I would put my money on when fighting haye would be the klits

We'll see how he goes. My guess is he avoids all of the above for as long as possible. I've really got a sneaky feeling Derek Chisora takes him out. I'd LOVE that to happen, if big Aud doesn't get there first of course
    everyone entitled to their opinion of course, but imo yours is pretty far off the mark

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I rest my case - funny

everyone entitled to their opinion of course, but imo yours is pretty far off the mark
    I was told that when I was the only person who wouldn't jump oin the Christian Mijares bandwagon. I knew he wasn't p4p and got proved right in the end.

Haye will fail if he fights any of those guys I mentioned above.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was told that when I was the only person who wouldn't jump oin the Christian Mijares bandwagon. I knew he wasn't p4p and got proved right in the end.

Haye will fail if he fights any of those guys I mentioned above.
    just because you are right about one fighter doesnt mean you are about any others

lets hope haye does fight some of the above, i cant see any of them winning, maybe some would give him some trouble at best

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wlad
    Vitali
    Povetkin
    Chambers
    Solis
    Thompson
    Gomez
    Chagaev

sorry nameless mate i meant this at CFH not your good self

i love you like a non-gay brother nameless, you know that right
    I hate British fighters? The only thing I've said about any British figher in this thread is that I think Haye would beat Adamek. And unless not being sold on Nathan Cleverly is considered hating the British, I don't see how the Magnificent 7 thread is indicative of anything either.
    Last edited by CFH; 09-20-2010 at 05:24 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the division has a few tiers.

The two brothers are obviously top of the pile.

Then the next group is Haye, Adamek and Povetkin.

Then below them are Chambers, Solis, Boytsov, Arreola, Austin, Gomez etc
    ----------------

The topic question options are misleading/incorrect. Could Adamek become a contender? That's already been answered. The division is not the strength of the 70's/ 80's or 90's and it doesn't take much to become a contender.
    Adamek is already a Top 5 Heavyweight by most rankings.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    Hmm haye is listed as 6'3 and valuev as 7'0 on boxrec, so 9 inches according to them, but still same difference. Reason haye didn't look spectacular against valuev is due to the size differential, same reason adamek didn't look spectacular against grant.

"a prime Grant was KO'd in the first round by Jameel McCline for fuck sake." Well a near prime john ruiz was knocked out by tua in round 1, took haye 9 for an over the hill version....I'm not saying adamek beats haye, I'm just saying he would stand a decent enough chance against him. Adamek's got a sturdy chin, and while not the biggest banger at heavy he's got some good skills and haye's chin isn't iron, while I can't see him even connecting on wladimir.
    Personally I don't think that was anything near a prime Ruiz (as bad as that sounds), I think he peaked around about when he fought Evander. He learned a lot from the KO to Tua IMO. Anyway these things don't really matter Haye stopped Barrett quicker than Wlad did...... Does that mean much? George Foreman demolished Ken Norton who caused Ali hell, did that mean he was going to give Ali the same?

My point is Adamek struggled and was seriously hurt at the end by a man I thought he would easily beat. Maybe it was an off night for him I don't know but as far as a fight with Haye goes I think Haye stops him easily. Thats my opinion on the matter and if they do ever fight we'll be able to argue over it in the build up i'm sure. As far as I'm concerned though out of all the HW's out there right now the only ones I think CAN beat Haye are the Klits but I give him one hell of a shot at beating them too.

I still think Haye is a way off his prime too. He showed a lack of experience against Ruiz when he had him seriously hurt in the first round by jumping on him rather than picking his shots, because if another one of those rights that floored him had landed again within a minute of it happening I think Ruiz would have been out cold (fair enough he had no sparring for a month leading upto the fight due to the cut, but I think that was more down to experience than anything). These are hopefully things that he is learning as he goes along because whether you like him or not David Haye could be very good for boxing if he can just keep winning. Joe public wants to see exciting fights in the HW division and he can bring that!

Thread Information