Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Poll: How good is Adamek at heavyweight?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomasz Adamek, is he really a big deal as a heavyweight, really??

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Tomasz Adamek, is he really a big deal as a heavyweight, really??

It seems like Tomasz Adamek is getting almost as much attention as David Haye these days and is considered the fourth best fighter in the division by most pundits and experts now.

I am completely unconvinced and fail to see what is impressive about him at all as a heavyweight.

I think it's relative. What I mean by that is people are impressed because he has come up from the lower weight classes and so people are impressed he's able to hang with bigger guys. But in absolute terms I don't see what he has done to make us think he's better than the likes of Solis, Eddie Chambers, Povetkin, or even Chagaev, Thompson, Gomez etc?

He beat a Chris Arreola who only had one arm for much of the fight, and Arreola hasn't looked good for ages. And then he went life and death with Michael Grant. This was seen as a great win over a big man, but come on be honest, most of you, just like me, had assumed Michael Grant had retired 10 years ago hadn't you? I'd never even heard of him being on the boxing scene and a win over him is no more impressive than if Paul Williams had moved up to middleweight and won a close 12 rounder against William Joppy or Keith Holmes.

It's such a weird hype train, all I see is a little man who will get wrecked if he ever gets in the ring with either Klitschko, or Solis, Thompson, Gomez, and maybe Haye for that matter.

Don't see the interest in him at all. His amazing 'skill' is relative as well. Compared to some of the joke heavies sure, but against a real skilful fighter like Chad Dawson he was crap and apart from a flash knockdown lost virtually every single round.

He didn't beat anyone at cruiserweight, just an O'Neil Bell on self destruct who quit and then won a SD against the 'not bad but certainly nothing exceptional' Steve Cunningham.

He's had an easy ride to the top and already has looked vulnerable.

Just don't see the appeal whatsoever. I know Solis has not stepped up yet, but its clear for anyone who has seen him fight that he is above Adamek and Haye imo.

These two will be done and dusted by this time next time year.

So, does anyone else agree with me that Adamek is the most overrated heavyweight right now? Or am I mad?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tomasz Adamek, is he really a big deal as a heavyweight, really??

I don't see how someone can't be behind adamek, never in a dull fight really. Heart and desire all the way. As for ripping his resume at heavy, I wouldn't say haye's is much more impressive, if at all. I don't think he can beat either klitscko and that is due to their skill and size differential, anyone else he has a decent chance against I think. Grant as old as he is, is still a 6'7 dude and eventually that alone will make it difficult for a small dude like adamek. He's just a no nonsense guy and comes to fight, fights often and doesn't do more talking than fighting. Wish him all the best and should be fine at heavy that is till he gets in there with a klitschko.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post
    I don't see how someone can't be behind adamek, never in a dull fight really. Heart and desire all the way. As for ripping his resume at heavy, I wouldn't say haye's is much more impressive, if at all. I don't think he can beat either klitscko and that is due to their skill and size differential, anyone else he has a decent chance against I think. Grant as old as he is, is still a 6'7 dude and eventually that alone will make it difficult for a small dude like adamek. He's just a no nonsense guy and comes to fight, fights often and doesn't do more talking than fighting. Wish him all the best and should be fine at heavy that is till he gets in there with a klitschko.
    Yeah I agree with those points I just think Eddie Chambers for example is better, and is anyone excited about him? Hell no!

If he hadn't come up from the lower weight classes nobody would be interested in him based on his performances so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Adamek is the 4th best heavyweight in the world. Do I think he can beat the Klitschko's? No. But he's a legit professional who has skills, trains hard, and makes good fights, and makes him unlike most of the other guys out there. It's not his fault the division sucks

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea View Post
    I think Adamek is the 4th best heavyweight in the world. Do I think he can beat the Klitschko's? No. But he's a legit professional who has skills, trains hard, and makes good fights, and makes him unlike most of the other guys out there. It's not his fault the division sucks
    You really think he beats Povetkin, Solis, Gomez, Thompson, Chagaev etc based on what you have seen?

Cos I think he loses all those fights.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Yeah I agree with those points I just think Eddie Chambers for example is better, and is anyone excited about him? Hell no!

If he hadn't come up from the lower weight classes nobody would be interested in him based on his performances so far.

While I think him coming from the lower weight classes has some to do with it, I think the bigger reason is his style. His fight with arreola I thought was one of the more exciting heavyweight match ups in a while, the kind of fight that gets the casual viewer interested. Eddie Chambers on the other hand being more defensively oriented, just doesn't create that sort of buzz.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think that it is an unfair sentiment but I think that it is not so much an intentional hype job more so than an indictment of the majority of the heavyweight division.Adamek has good skills and so forth just as sweetpea said but if the division were deeper then people wouldn't get excited over him AS QUICKLY as they have. Time will tell.......I guess

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's too small for the division and I don't think he has a chance against either Klitschko. I think Haye would do a number on him too.

El Kabong Guest

You really think he beats Povetkin, Solis, Gomez, Thompson, Chagaev etc based on what you have seen?

I don't think he loses ALL of those fights...but Tomaz at least has the balls to fight anyone that's willing to give him a shot and I think THAT is the reason people are high on him at the moment.

Wlad or Vitali stomp him easy, but to the other heavyweights Adamek is a serious threat

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

I don't think he loses ALL of those fights...but Tomaz at least has the balls to fight anyone that's willing to give him a shot and I think THAT is the reason people are high on him at the moment.

Wlad or Vitali stomp him easy, but to the other heavyweights Adamek is a serious threat
    Haye would stop Adamek quicker than either Klit and that I can guarantee.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post

I very much doubt that. It's not as if haye has been blasting opponents out within a round at heavyweight! Adamek is sturdy took shots from arreola fine for the most part. Given that tho even tho haye MIGHT stop adamek quicker, adamek would also have a decent shot at beating haye, and pretty much almost no chance against either klit.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One things for certain. He fights more often and harder then he talks. I think his added size is fine as with rare exception...Klits and Lewis far too much is made of 'super' hvys. Its his stiff mobility and actual willingness to engage that see a short shelf life. I think he beats a Thompson and even say he out works a lack luster and fatty Solis if I had to pick today. He attracts because he fights all comers and doesn't whine or politic his way out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post

I very much doubt that. It's not as if haye has been blasting opponents out within a round at heavyweight! Adamek is sturdy took shots from arreola fine for the most part. Given that tho even tho haye MIGHT stop adamek quicker, adamek would also have a decent shot at beating haye, and pretty much almost no chance against either klit.
    I think it's a good prediction to say Haye KO's Adamek quicker than either Klit. He goes out there and goes for the KO, look at the first shot he landed on Ruiz, I don't see many HW's getting up from that. I'm not trying to make Ruiz out to be great but to dismiss him as not being a resilient bugger with not much punch resistance would be unfair and Haye just floored him like he was a chinny bum. There is no way either Klit would have done that so early and if Haye had stepped back and picked Ruiz off he would have got the early KO in that fight whereas lets face it a Ruiz-Klit fight would be more of a wrestling match that probably went the distance.

I'm not saying that Haye's ability to get someone out quicker than the Klits makes him better than the Klits although I do think he has a great chance of beating them. We all know Wlad doesn't handle speed and power well, and last time he fought someone with both them qualities he was KO'd and Haye has more power and speed than Sanders IMO and his footwork and elusiveness is better too. As for Vitali to be totally honest I don't think Haye would have much chance in his prime but now I think he would cause Vitali hell. He has shown recently he is definitely on the slide and for me it is the perfect time for Haye to make a move on him before fighting Wlad!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No, Adamek is not a big deal at heavyweight. But he is not much less prospective than Chicken Little, who has far less fights on his resume and generates 20x more hype. And how Arreola and Grant are worse than Ruiz and Valuev? I would say even Jason Estrada in his fight against Adamek was better than those two.
    Regarding Chad Dawson, no matter how talented, this guy WAS a cancer to boxing. He couldn't be more gay in his fight with Adamek. Anyway, I wouldn't draw to much conclusions about Adamek from this fight - Chad Dawson offered to fight both Chicken and Adamek in heavy so I would wait for that.

There's one thing we should consider before judging Adamek at heavyweight: he came to heavy cause he couldn't earn decent money fighting contenders in cruiser. It's kind of sad but at least he takes what's offered to him, instead of trash talking and ducking (yes, you can do them both at the same time!) for years.
    Now it's kind of ironic cause it seems that Klits need Adamek more than he needs them: he has plenty of fans among Poles in New Jersey and it looks like more fans would come for Adamek than for Wlad or Vitali. Probably that's the reason Adamek is a hot topic now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by therealremi View Post
    No, Adamek is not a big deal at heavyweight. But he is not much less prospective than Chicken Little, who has far less fights on his resume and generates 20x more hype. And how Arreola and Grant are worse than Ruiz and Valuev? I would say even Jason Estrada in his fight against Adamek was better than those two.
    Regarding Chad Dawson, no matter how talented, this guy WAS a cancer to boxing. He couldn't be more gay in his fight with Adamek. Anyway, I wouldn't draw to much conclusions about Adamek from this fight - Chad Dawson offered to fight both Chicken and Adamek in heavy so I would wait for that.

There's one thing we should consider before judging Adamek at heavyweight: he came to heavy cause he couldn't earn decent money fighting contenders in cruiser. It's kind of sad but at least he takes what's offered to him, instead of trash talking and ducking (yes, you can do them both at the same time!) for years.
    Now it's kind of ironic cause it seems that Klits need Adamek more than he needs them: he has plenty of fans among Poles in New Jersey and it looks like more fans would come for Adamek than for Wlad or Vitali. Probably that's the reason Adamek is a hot topic now.

Lyle is that you me old mucker.

Thread Information