Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ortiz v Murray could be on the Khan v Maidana undercard!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Ortiz v Murray could be on the Khan v Maidana undercard!

Wow I would be surprised if Murray and his team took this, people would say he ducked Ortiz but I can't see Murray beating Ortiz in a million years Ortiz is bigger faster better skills it could be good for a few rounds but Murray is two fights from a world title at 135, what do you think he will do?

I know that there is the added bonus if he wins he could face Khan but If he takes this fight I would take my hat off to him.

ICB Guest

Default Re: Ortiz v Murray could be on the Khan v Maidana undercard!

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    Wow I would be surprised if Murray and his team took this, people would say he ducked Ortiz but I can't see Murray beating Ortiz in a million years Ortiz is bigger faster better skills it could be good for a few rounds but Murray is two fights from a world title at 135, what do you think he will do?

I know that there is the added bonus if he wins he could face Khan but If he takes this fight I would take my hat off to him.
    Well it is about time he stepped up, he's had almost 30 fights and he's 25. So if he can't beat Victor Ortiz now, he never will. John Murray is a very basic come forward fighter. But he may cause some suprises but i doubt it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post

Well it is about time he stepped up, he's had almost 30 fights and he's 25. So if he can't beat Victor Ortiz now, he never will. John Murray is a very basic come forward fighter. But he may cause some suprises but i doubt it.
    At 140 though? Do you think mate, I suppose financially it would be a good move as he is not making much fighting in greater manchester school gyms at the moment , looking at it again maybe he will take it as he could loose and go back to 135 but maybe he will loose all his rankings at the same time.

It will also depend on tomorrows fight if he is in a war which is not out of the question might be to soon for him but going by the odds Murray is 1/33 on looks like a easy job on paper.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At 140 though? Do you think mate, I suppose financially it would be a good move as he is not making much fighting in greater manchester school gyms at the moment , looking at it again maybe he will take it as he could loose and go back to 135 but maybe he will loose all his rankings at the same time.

It will also depend on tomorrows fight if he is in a war which is not out of the question might be to soon for him but going by the odds Murray is 1/33 on looks like a easy job on paper.
    Only Mick Hennessey would be stupid enough to allow that to happen. So it depends on what happens with him.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

dont rule him out

it would be fantastic for him if it happened

cummon john

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    dont rule him out

cummon john
    Yes I speak to John sometimes top lad, and like you say don't rule him out he might step upto the plate tougher the challenge the better the performance, just think though he can be outboxed and Ortiz could break him up. Hope not would love this fight I think it could be a war for as long as it lasts.

ICB Guest

Well there's no real big fights for him at Lightweight that are realistic, guys like Soto, Marquez, Funeka, would do bad damage to John Murray.

Victor Ortiz is a big pay for him, a chance for him to get into the spotlight. And i don't care what the odds say mate, no way is John Murray that much of an underdog.

He's in with a shot in this fight, he could very well break Victor Ortiz's will. If he can close the distance, i mean the smart money says Victor Ortiz will be too classy and he will out maneuver the slower one dimensional John Murray.

But i give him more of a chance in the Victor Ortiz fight, than i would against the other 3 names i mentioned, thats for damn sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

too close to call

ortiz maybe just shading a hometown decision, but murray will be right in there and looking to dominate from the get go
    one dangerous horrible bloke

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    dont rule him out

cummon john
    Yes I speak to John sometimes top lad, and like you say don't rule him out he might step upto the plate tougher the challenge the better the performance, just think though he can be outboxed and Ortiz could break him up. Hope not would love this fight I think it could be a war for as long as it lasts.
    murray could be bigger and stronger at light welter

i think if he can take his power early murray could wear him down

murray hasnt really been tested yet, and still has the stubborness of an unbeaten fighter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd like to see Murray win a few more an step up at lightweight first, stepping up for your first fight against Victor Ortiz at LightWelter would be a stupid move just now IMO. Right now for me a fight against Juan Diaz or even Antonio DeMarco at lightweight would be great get noticed fights and could also be good fights for the fans too. Very winnable for Murray.

I hope Murray succeeds I really do..... If he had more power I'd be certain he could get to the top atleast once........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Carnt remember who said it last night, that there was talk of Murray struggling with the weight if thats the case i think it would be worth the risk in stepping up to face Ortiz. It would be a tough fight but he would test the heart of Ortiz if he can get in close and make it a war.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Murray is a good fighter but he'll get mullered once he steps up to world-class. He's too slow, too static, doesn't have KO power.

He always looks like he's been in a war at this level so fuck knows what the big boys will do to him.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Murray is a good fighter but he'll get mullered once he steps up to world-class. He's too slow, too static, doesn't have KO power.

He always looks like he's been in a war at this level so fuck knows what the big boys will do to him.
    Agree mate, not sold on Ortiz just yet i want to see him in a hard fight again to see if he has the hunger to be a top fighter. Murray is way to easy to hit but he will make Ortiz work hard for how ever long it lasts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ortiz is a huge 140 lb fighter, I don't think he has fought at 140 since the Madiana fight 18 months ago, Murray is honest fighter who comes forward no head movement, Ortiz would muller him, he struggled to get a limited guy out of there last night at 135. Murray didn't look like he wanted anything to do with Ortiz after he was asked last night.

His contract is up with far Mick in October he should go to Warren and get a fight with Mitchell that would be a great fight.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Murray has heart and desire in abundance though and when the question was asked about Ortiz (fighting Maidana) he quit, citing crap about protecting his good looks and speach.

Ortiz has more skills, but that doesn't mean he'd win the fight. Murray certainly wouldn't make it easy for him.

Thread Information