Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Adam Booth

I just got rounf to watching last weeks Ringside, where Adam Booth was a guest along with Audleys promoter.

I'm just wandering what peoples thoughts are on him as a person and as a trainer?

I was actually very impressed with him, though he was very articulate (irony there, the fact I've prob spelt it wrong ) and seemed to be very focussed on being fully prepared. He sounded genuine when he said he has watched hours and hours of Audley tapes and has studied and prepared David the best he could. He also came across very honest, unlike the snake sat next to him, clearly in it for the money.

He has two good fighters now in Haye and Groves so he must be doing something right. Just wondering what people think about him?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Adam Booth

agree with every word mate

kept his cool whilst the other fella was spouting some shit

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

After eading what you were saying, I watched it on youtube thinking Hearn must have been a nob but he wasnt.

I liked th bit at the end where Hearn asks booth "what will David do when Audleys left hand lands on his chin" Booth says "he will punch him back" He then says "Audley is not that big a puncher" so then Hearn says "Is audley a bigger puncher than Carl Thompson?"

Booth agrees he hits harder than Thompson but couldnt really comeback with anything

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

After eading what you were saying, I watched it on youtube thinking Hearn must have been a nob but he wasnt.

I liked th bit at the end where Hearn asks booth "what will David do when Audleys left hand lands on his chin" Booth says "he will punch him back" He then says "Audley is not that big a puncher" so then Hearn says "Is audley a bigger puncher than Carl Thompson?"

Booth agrees he hits harder than Thompson but couldnt really comeback with anything
    it got kind of cut off at that point

i reckon booth could have come back with plenty

but you know if you like the other fella then thats fair enough, it was a decent exchange, and an enjoyable show

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought they came across well. Eddie Hearn (carbon copy of his dad) was just doing his job - selling the fight and promoting Audley.

Booth has to combine the selling with his role as trainer/manager so always seems under fire from someone. I like him and especially like the way all the old school slag him off. A clear sign he's doing something right
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Booth came across very well.

(is it just me but did he look almost pale yellow)
    Balls

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by porkypara View Post

Think you need to get your TV checked! You sure you wasn't watching Simpsons!?

I think he did, he also looked really tired, like he'd just done two consecutive all nighters and was buzzing on redbull!

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

saw the clip on the sky sports news and he seemed a likable guy. He must be loaded.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by porkypara View Post

It must be finally sinking what he's letting his fighter in for. Its brought home how close this fight is, and the inevitable devastating KO Haye will suffer at the hands of A-Force

I like Booth, seems a knowledgeable guy and doesn't allow himself to get into any of the histrionics that some trainers like to involve themselves in. He also seems studious, like he does actually watch hours and hours of tape, leaving nothing to chance even against a guy like Audley.

As for Hearn he was just promoting the fight. Its not in anyone's interest for him to go on there and say "Audley's going to get knocked out, but we'll make a nice amount of money from it so we don't care". He's got to promote the fight and made a good go at it

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I found this quite funny, read it on football365 yesterday:

Non-Football Quote Of The Weekend
    "By nature, I'm really shy" - David Haye's manager and trainer Adam Booth on Sky Sports News this morning. Of course, it would be slightly easier to take him seriously if he wasn't driving through London, in November, with the top of his sports car down, and with a TV crew in the passenger seat.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hearn did well, but you could still see right through him! Everything he said was without real substance or conviction.

Apart from when he did Booth over. Getting him to strongly agree Harrison is a bigger puncher than Thompson. That's doing Thompson a dis service I think.

Audleys one punch knockout prowess is mostly based on his most recent one against Sprott, besides that he never really strikes fear into most heavies for knocking them out. He's suddenly got gloves made iron.

I think he has it in him to win, but is very, very unlikely to.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 0james0 View Post
    Hearn did well, but you could still see right through him! Everything he said was without real substance or conviction.

Apart from when he did Booth over. Getting him to strongly agree Harrison is a bigger puncher than Thompson. That's doing Thompson a dis service I think.

Audleys one punch knockout prowess is mostly based on his most recent one against Sprott, besides that he never really strikes fear into most heavies for knocking them out. He's suddenly got gloves made iron.

I think he has it in him to win, but is very, very unlikely to.
    Oh I agree, but when you're trying to plug a guy like Audley to beat Haye, when over the last 10 years he's done nothing to suggest he'll even come close, there's not much you can say of real substance other than that Haye's vulnerable. Audley's not a massive puncher, but Haye is vulnerable and his chin hasn't really been tested at HW, so it'll be interesting to see what happens if a 6"5, 250 pound man lands cleanly on his chin.

It is extremely unlikely to happen, almost as close to certain as you can get in a boxing match. Audley's done nothing in 10 years as a pro to suggest he has it in him, this probably won't be any different, as much as I'd like it be

Thread Information