Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vitali offers Haye 50/50 split and will fight him in England. Lets get it on now Haye

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Vitali offers Haye 50/50 split and will fight him in England. Lets get it on now

My question is:

Does Haye's win over Harrison INCREASE? or DECREASE? the probability of a fight with one of the Klitschkos. And why?

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: Vitali offers Haye 50/50 split and will fight him in England. Lets get it on now

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    My question is:

Does Haye's win over Harrison INCREASE? or DECREASE? the probability of a fight with one of the Klitschkos. And why?
    He wants to retire.....I'm sure the Klitschko's will find it in their hearts to oblige him whether it means losing money in the short term or not

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Turns out Haye no longer NEEDS the Klitschkos.......
    ...... now that he's slayed the mighty Harrison.

Oh at last the heavyweight division is saved!!! Just as he had predicted!!!!

He's the king of FantasyLand!
    Of course he is, Haye is the only HW in history not to have a punch land on him for 2 rounds in championship history. Not even Dempsey, Louis, Marciano, Ali, Foreman, Holmes, Tyson, Holyfield, and Lewis can claim that. Fact.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If it is a true 50/50 split then the fight well be made. Or Vitali is full of shit. This will be by far Vitali be biggest payday. He should take the fight and retire a rich man.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mrbig1 View Post
    If it is a true 50/50 split then the fight well be made. Or Vitali is full of shit. This will be by far Vitali be biggest payday. He should take the fight and retire a rich man.
    ...he shouldn't get paid that much for this it's not going to be a challenging ask for him.

1 guy has never been knocked down and has KO'd 88% of his opponents...meanwhile the other fella just "fought" Audley Harrison

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Didn't really fight Harrison though. Just knocked him out.

I can't decide who would be best for Haye, but an ageing Vitali should be slower, which would suit Haye's speed. He is elusive for a heavy weight, he would try and frustrate Vitali by not letting him land a shot.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 0james0 View Post
    Didn't really fight Harrison though. Just knocked him out.

I can't decide who would be best for Haye, but an ageing Vitali should be slower, which would suit Haye's speed. He is elusive for a heavy weight, he would try and frustrate Vitali by not letting him land a shot.
    It depends...which one does he want to knock him out?

Vitali gives you a full 12 round beat down these days with his "aging" and all and Wlad will probably do more damage and stop you a bit sooner

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    I hope he takes Wlad first.

Wlad would be a clear favourite for me due to physical differences but if Haye can get to that chin he wins.

Vitali on the other hand maybe the slower, less talented fighter but I don't think Haye can hurt him and over 12 rounds I feel Vit would catch him.

Still can't get the image out of my mind of Lennox landing that huge uppercut and Vitali stayed in his face. Long time ago yes but fuck me that showed a hell of a chin
    It was multiple uppercuts....at least 2.

And see HF, MarkTKO agrees, the fight vs Wlad should be first...I'm sure there are others that agree with us
    To be honest Lyle, I think Haye vs either Klit would be equally as big. But whichever he beats first would make the second fight into a HUGE spectacle.

I do honestly believe he beats the Klits now too. Vitali is a long way removed from the man who gave Lennox hell and his showing against Johnson and Sosnowski lead me to believe that Haye can take him. As for Wlad we all know what happened the last time he fought someone with good handspeed and power! That is all I have to say on the matter now until the fights get signed!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My question is:

It decreases. Haye just made tens of millions fighting Harrison, so what does that tell you?

Also, Haye just called out the Klits again saying he's going to do a Audley Harrison on them. We've seen this act before. Call out the Klits then line up a fight with some bum and make tens of millions. My next guess will be he fights a Holyfield or a Tyson Fury and puts it on PPV. Then Haye calls out the Klits again, rinse and repeat.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dunno about that, there's nowhere else for Haye to go now other than a Klit. There was nowhere for him to go other than a Klit before Harrison but the UK general public swallowed that purely because of Harrison's profile.

Haye becomes a joke if he avoids the Klits now and deep down he knows it. You can guarantee every single person that meets him now will ask him the same question, 'when you fighting a Klitschko?'

There's too much money and pride at stake for there to be any other outcome, Haye WILL fight a Klit in 2011. Which one doesn't matter, if it ends up being both it will rejuvenate the entire division.

Also, whether he'll admit it or not, Lyle will be more excited for this fight than any other in recent memory. The Haye hype machine has worked ;-)
    Last edited by Conrad; 11-16-2010 at 07:43 AM.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Said all along Haye can beat both Klits.

Can 100% see him getting the KO over Wlad and using Valuev style tactics to beat Vitali.

Vitali has a Solid chin so i think he'd have to use his speed on him but think he has the Power to test Wlads suspect chin.

Really don't see either fight as a big problem for him.

They'll both come down to his tactics on the night.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haven't bothered to read through the thread, but I actually don't see why Vitali should get 50% of the purse.

What does he bring to the table that Haye doesn't?

A lineal title? No.

A alphabet belt? Haye's brings the same amount.

A lucrative TV deal? We've already established that Haye brings much more in through his even against the likes of Audley.

The best German deal? No, ARD are willing to offer more but the Bros want to stick with RTL.

A huge live audience? Maybe, but in this case it doesn't even seem that he's bringing that, even if he was, I don't see how it earns him half.

I could see Wlad getting half, but not Vitali he just doesn't have enough clout, and at the end of the day boxing is a business.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Vitali has a proven chin, but given the sheer weight involved anyone at this weight has the chance of knocking their opponent out. I think to say that Haye can won only by a decision is a bit diminutive.

That being said Haye has been particularly cautious since joining the heavyweight ranks and I would expect him to attempt to outbox and outscore Klitschko.
    I think this fight(s) has become the second most over-anticipated matchup after the holy grail of our generation (PaCvs.PBF) and it just needs to happen already.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Against Wlad, it would be a fast death before the 6th. With Vitali, it could be a total mashed up till the 10-11th. Depends if you prefer a quick death or standing up as long as you can.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

El Kabong Guest

Go ahead and hype up the Audley Slayer, but just be warned when you start talking Klitschko's it's a different world. Wlad or Vitali will actually throw punches....and from the looks of their KO percentages once those punches start landing I don't think they are going to tickle. But that's just my view, you guys build up this guy all you want, I'm just saying I won't be surprised with the outcome.....should he decide to actually fight a Klitschko brother.

...Audley Harrison, I mean who knew he could be KO'd like that? Round 3 and everything

And now people say he's got a "good" to "great" chance of beating a Klitschko based on that performance.....you must'a lost your damn minds.

Thread Information