Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Adam Smith seeks Froch deal for Sky Sports

About f*cking time..

Fair play Adam Smith, hopefully Sky will pull their finger out now he's head of Boxing.

Smith seeks Froch deal for Sky

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be honest, I'm astounded they didn't take this on in the first place. Involvement in an excellent innovative tournament like the Super Six, that's exactly the kind of thing they should be doing.

On the other hand, if you put in the performances, people stand up and take note, and Froch, aside from a stink fest against Dirrell, has certainly made good case for himself. I'd just like to see him out there a bit more promoting himself and getting involved in the media more, on a boxing level that is.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Adam Smith seeks Froch deal for Sky Sports

Quote Originally Posted by TheMacMagician View Post
    To be honest, I'm astounded they didn't take this on in the first place. Involvement in an excellent innovative tournament like the Super Six, that's exactly the kind of thing they should be doing.

On the other hand, if you put in the performances, people stand up and take note, and Froch, aside from a stink fest against Dirrell, has certainly made good case for himself. I'd just like to see him out there a bit more promoting himself and getting involved in the media more, on a boxing level that is.
    That's the trouble though. There's a fine line between doing that and over-doing it to the point where the fans get sick of the sight of him. Bit like Ricky Hatton
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sky signed two-year deals with Warren, Maloney, Hearn and Hatton around the same time ITV/Hennessy went to pot. They had an option to do Froch and the Super Six but it would have been PPV and they already had Haye, Khan and the possibility of Hatton coming back.

So unfortunately Froch and fat Mick got the swerve.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post

That's the trouble though. There's a fine line between doing that and over-doing it to the point where the fans get sick of the sight of him. Bit like Ricky Hatton
    I know there is a decent line to be reached on this for sure. I don't see Hatton as, during his fight career, "over doing it". He was on every channel, in the papers all the time and getting all the big fights and big coverage, but never with any crap. He did amazing, and fully understood how to self promote. He's only lost it since he sort of, almost, nearly retired and went off the rails.

Khan tries very hard at it, and to me is probably the only guy to over promote, or to put it better, promote in the wrong manner, coming out with all kinds of shit. I think he seems to have been taught a little over the last six months though.

A big big thing in Froch's favour, is the fact that he will pretty much fight absolutely anywhere, as long as its not to suit a sneaky Kaller Sauerland.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post

I know there is a decent line to be reached on this for sure. I don't see Hatton as, during his fight career, "over doing it". He was on every channel, in the papers all the time and getting all the big fights and big coverage, but never with any crap. He did amazing, and fully understood how to self promote. He's only lost it since he sort of, almost, nearly retired and went off the rails.

Khan tries very hard at it, and to me is probably the only guy to over promote, or to put it better, promote in the wrong manner, coming out with all kinds of shit. I think he seems to have been taught a little over the last six months though.

A big big thing in Froch's favour, is the fact that he will pretty much fight absolutely anywhere, as long as its not to suit a sneaky Kaller Sauerland.
    I don't know mate. I think with Hatton, it depends on how long you can stand the 'Lad's lad routine'

He wound me up when he told me to put my mortgage on him beating Mayweather. The banks won't lend to me anymore.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Smith does this then I rate him, he did a good interview in Boxing Weekly and is a fan, however they may make Froch PPV.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information