Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Shane Mosley and De La Hoya may be on splits over Pacman fight.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Shane Mosley and De La Hoya may be on splits over Pacman fight.

"Sixty forty I kicks yo' ass, Sixty forty I tears yo' ass up" - Roy Jones

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Shane Mosley and De La Hoya may be on splits over Pacman fight.

Don't be stupid Shane. Don't bite the hand thats been feeding you. President De La Hoya kept your name in the limelight. Kept you fighting on HBO for million dollar purses. On PPV's that had no buisness being PPV's. Without Golden Boy your making 50,000 on the Versus channel. President De La Hoya is the reason you clocking 600,000 a month and were able to give Jin 6 million up front and not have to go get on stamps. Don't sell yourself out and go against the President just for the Pacquiao fight. You will regret it

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mosley doesn't need a promoter at this stage in his Career. He already knows the business well enough to get along. Why should he split his 30% of a high earnings fight with GBP, when Top Rank and HBO will provide the venue? He's already past retirement, and Pacquiao is probably his last fight. If he were 30 years old, it would be another story. This is a good move for Mosley.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shane needs to promote himself.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Isn't he a partner in GBP though? Along with B-Hop? Its not about promotion but if he has a 'job' there after he does retire from fighting... why would you put that at risk?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by LukeH View Post

Isn't he a partner in GBP though? Along with B-Hop? Its not about promotion but if he has a 'job' there after he does retire from fighting... why would you put that at risk?

This. He's got shares in GBP. He's throwing away future earnings outside the ring by chasing a fight with Pacquiao and splitting from them. I think JMM also has a piece of the company too? Not sure on that one, Mosley and Hopkins both definitely did/do

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mosley doesn't have the star power of oscar. He wouldn't be able to sign any fighters. Not too mention he doesn't seem to be as bright as oscar in regards to business. He should just chill out.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Cressa121 View Post

This. He's got shares in GBP. He's throwing away future earnings outside the ring by chasing a fight with Pacquiao and splitting from them. I think JMM also has a piece of the company too? Not sure on that one, Mosley and Hopkins both definitely did/do
    What boxing future? He's 39. Can you see GBP putting him up against Saul Alvarez? So it will do what? Add to his reputation that he still can fight at 39? To what end? Get a big money fight? With who? Wake up! He's had one of only two big money fights near his weight class and the other is Pacquiao.

Piece of the company? $1,000 in dividends! It looks more like a public relations scam to make the public think it's a "Fighter's" promotion company. You ever see any real numbers? I don't think so....

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Too many egos in the room but he should go for everything with only one or two big fights left. Less he go out fighting to draws with the likes of Mora again.....who's great idea was that blockbuster clash anyways? His or Oscars?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why doesn't GB keep it in house and put Shane against JMM? Then, have the winner face Pacquiao? That way, they make money on both fights.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mosley really seems to want this fight. Sure, he likes a fighter that comes forward but a fighter that is quicker than him and can land 3 for every 1 punch landed back? A fighter almost a decade younger and a fighter who has grown into the weight?

Pac has destroyed Cotto. Mosley struggled with him.
    Pac has crucified Margarito. Mosley beat up a weight drained Margarito.

And now Mosley is much older and has now struggled with Mora.

No fighter outside of Hopkins ever really does anything when they are pushing 40 and we are to believe that Mosley can? He just doesn't want to let go and has bills to pay.

If Mosley were to beat up Pac then he is god, but there is nothing to suggest that he can do that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who cares.

Fuck Oscar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Mosley really seems to want this fight. Sure, he likes a fighter that comes forward but a fighter that is quicker than him and can land 3 for every 1 punch landed back? A fighter almost a decade younger and a fighter who has grown into the weight?

Pac has destroyed Cotto. Mosley struggled with him.
    Pac has crucified Margarito. Mosley beat up a weight drained Margarito.

And now Mosley is much older and has now struggled with Mora.

No fighter outside of Hopkins ever really does anything when they are pushing 40 and we are to believe that Mosley can? He just doesn't want to let go and has bills to pay.

If Mosley were to beat up Pac then he is god, but there is nothing to suggest that he can do that.
    The names are out of position...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fan johnny View Post

What boxing future? He's 39. Can you see GBP putting him up against Saul Alvarez? So it will do what? Add to his reputation that he still can fight at 39? To what end? Get a big money fight? With who? Wake up! He's had one of only two big money fights near his weight class and the other is Pacquiao.

Piece of the company? $1,000 in dividends! It looks more like a public relations scam to make the public think it's a "Fighter's" promotion company. You ever see any real numbers? I don't think so....

I never mentioned a boxing future. At 39, his time's running out. I don't know how much of GBP Mosley has, so don't know how much he stands to make when he retires, but to me it doesn't seem a smart thing to split from a company when you're a partner there, and have a job guaranteed there when you retire to chase one last payday. He's made more money with Golden Boy then he would have done without - how else would fights like Mora have made PPV? And what's he done to be regarded as a legitimate challenger for Pacquiao? He got his ass kicked by Mayweather and drew with a very average Mora - hardly form that justifies then throwing him in with the best fighter on the planet.

If he can get this fight then fair play to him, he'll make a lot of money out of it and he's not got long left in the ring so he may as well maximize his earnings. But will it be worth it when he can have a few more good paydays under Golden Boy then retire to a lifetime job there? IMO that's very short sighted thinking

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fan johnny View Post

I never mentioned a boxing future. At 39, his time's running out. I don't know how much of GBP Mosley has, so don't know how much he stands to make when he retires, but to me it doesn't seem a smart thing to split from a company when you're a partner there, and have a job guaranteed there when you retire to chase one last payday. He's made more money with Golden Boy then he would have done without - how else would fights like Mora have made PPV? And what's he done to be regarded as a legitimate challenger for Pacquiao? He got his ass kicked by Mayweather and drew with a very average Mora - hardly form that justifies then throwing him in with the best fighter on the planet.

If he can get this fight then fair play to him, he'll make a lot of money out of it and he's not got long left in the ring so he may as well maximize his earnings. But will it be worth it when he can have a few more good paydays under Golden Boy then retire to a lifetime job there? IMO that's very short sighted thinking
    My Bad, it must have been late night and the lazy eye drifted over the "outside".

Thread Information