Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Khan v Brook

Just heard Warren has offered Khan a multi millions $$$ to fight Kell Brook next year ? It would mean Khan moving up to welter ! Did say he wanted his next fight back in UK !

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Khan v Brook

Khan would stop Brook imo.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I read this the other day. Bad move for Brook, I think Khan would stop him too

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Think Khan too but dont think its bad option for both of them !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Warren is a total cock, the bloke is his last week olumn was sayin Khan should forget about Mayweather and concentrate on clearing out 140, but now has made an offer to fight The mighty Kell Brook hahaha!!

Brook needs to try fighting somone with a pulse maybe?

Khan don't need Brook what a stupid fight, so what fight Brook then move back down for the big fights?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WTF is Warren thinking he goes from making fighters like Hatton and Calzaghe fight 30 odd fights before facing a real test to throwing guys like Chisora and Brook potentially into fights where they are way out of there depth. Brook hasnt fought a decent domestic fighter yet ( Jennings fight didnt have a chance to get going) it would be another Cotto v Jennings or Pavlik v Lockett

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At welter this will be a tough fight for Amir and he could lose. Kell is a quality fighter and Amir is untested at this weight. Not a good move for Amir and do not think he will take up this offer.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

ICB Guest

Im not even sure if Kell Brook could of handled Michael Jennings, i thought Michael Jennings was coming on slightly and it could of got interesting.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brook is a cracking prospect and i wouldnt bet against him against khan

he will be a top world champion one day

his punches are so accurate and he waists so little it would be a good clash of styles

id be excited about this one

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny99 View Post
    WTF is Warren thinking he goes from making fighters like Hatton and Calzaghe fight 30 odd fights before facing a real test to throwing guys like Chisora and Brook potentially into fights where they are way out of there depth. Brook hasnt fought a decent domestic fighter yet ( Jennings fight didnt have a chance to get going) it would be another Cotto v Jennings or Pavlik v Lockett

im not sure that is 100% true

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Im not even sure if Kell Brook could of handled Michael Jennings, i thought Michael Jennings was coming on slightly and it could of got interesting.
    Haha, he certainly was coming on. This would be the very same outcome as throwing Mitchell to the wolves against Katsidis. Just like Warren is trying to cash in. I personally thin Brook will get exposed when he steps it up, but good luck to the guy if he fancies takin on Khan.

Khan has work to do at 140 (Bradley|Alexander) and Brook has work to do domestic and Euro in that he needs to fight some one alive. Hell, TBH, I don't see why Brook shouldn't rematch Jennings, that's a level he's certainly not passed with good marks yet. Was a very inconclusive fight for me. Without more experience Brook sinks at Khan level for me.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheMacMagician View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ICB View Post
    Haha, he certainly was coming on. This would be the very same outcome as throwing Mitchell to the wolves against Katsidis. Just like Warren is trying to cash in. I personally thin Brook will get exposed when he steps it up, but good luck to the guy if he fancies takin on Khan.

Khan has work to do at 140 (Bradley|Alexander) and Brook has work to do domestic and Euro in that he needs to fight some one alive. Hell, TBH, I don't see why Brook shouldn't rematch Jennings, that's a level he's certainly not passed with good marks yet. Was a very inconclusive fight for me. Without more experience Brook sinks at Khan level for me.
    i can only say dude, you are very wrong about this one

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Brook is a cracking prospect and i wouldnt bet against him against khan

he will be a top world champion one day

his punches are so accurate and he waists so little it would be a good clash of styles

id be excited about this one
    I'm with you regarding Kell Brook. He is being written off as a top prospect by the same haters who wrote Khan off. Brook has looked sensational thus far in his career. He's handled everyone put in front of him and he's still improving.

A Khan Brook fight makes no sense right now though as Brook needs to raise his profile first, but it's a great potential matchup down the line.

As for Brook struggling against Jennings, he's only a young pro still with a lot of improvments to make.

Khan got rocked against Willie Young and Michael Gomez, it's not a permenant block to their potential.

Brook, along with Nathan Cleverly are the two big stars for the UK ove the next 3 or 4 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Warren should get Clottey i the ring with Brook then we will see what Brook is made of.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
    Warren should get Clottey i the ring with Brook then we will see what Brook is made of.

That would be a great matchup. There are loads of decent opponent's out there for Brook without his promotor needing to Amir Khan. Khan isn't even a welter so I don't know what weight class Warren thinks this would take place at. Khan has loads of work to do at 140, all of his biggest rivals are there so what possible motive would he have in moving up a division, coming back to England to fight a guy who is unknown on the world stage both in name, and in true talent.

It's never going to happen until Brook has a breakout fight and makes himself a big name. This is the kind of fight that happens when the public clamour is overwhelming.

Right now Murray makes more sense, although I rather fancy Khan will opt for Judah over them both. He's looking to make a name in America, he needs no further domestic publicity.

Thread Information