Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Khan v Peterson April 16th M.E.N Arena, Manchester, England..

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Khan v Peterson April 16th M.E.N Arena, Manchester, England..

Looks like this is what is going down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Khan v Peterson April 16th M.E.N Arena, Manchester, England..

That's one fight I won't be parting £15 for.
    Hidden Content

www.twitter.com/BoxingBantz

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Peterson was totally outclassed by Bradley and extremely lucky to get a draw against Ortiz. Sounds about right for a ''come back home'' fight. Save the good stuff for across the Atlantic, eh Khan? And on the way get in the way of a HW megafight too.

The audacity of that young man!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Peterson was totally outclassed by Bradley and extremely lucky to get a draw against Ortiz. Sounds about right for a ''come back home'' fight. Save the good stuff for across the Atlantic, eh Khan? And on the way get in the way of a HW megafight too.

The audacity of that young man!
    I like Peterson, but you right. Seems like he's only a B level fighter, and won't get over the hump. He will be a tough fight for any opponent, but don't have the polish skills or the KO power to get to the next level.
    I'm not sure if Khan has KO power, but the body shot he put on MM was vicious. What I do know is, if he gets hits flush, his gameplan changes.

It's not a PPV fight but interesting to see what each of them bring to the fight.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So this is the "great" matchup that held up the most important HW fight in a decade?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Decent stay busy fight, but not a huge fight for him to bring home to his adoring british public..... I'd rather watch Khan Maidana II at the MEN.....

I just get this felling that if Judah beats Mabuza that we'll be seeing Judah vs Khan after Peterson too and not vs the Bradley/Alexander winner. Something tells me I might be right for once.
    Last edited by TheMacMagician; 01-07-2011 at 09:08 AM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This has been mentioned so many times now by Golden Boy and Khan that I'll be stunned if this doesn't get made. Like others have said though I can't get my head around this holding up a Wlad vs. Haye fight. Still, I guess Khan has the same date reserved with HBO and Sky probably didn't want to piss Khan off for future business so I guess I see Sky's perspective. Like Mac said though, If Judah wins the IBF, I wouldn't be stunned if he was next and not the Bradley/Alexander winner.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dont blame Khan for taking an easy fight as long as he is willing to take on the big names as well.

I just hope SKY tv dont insult our inteligence and try and pass this off as some type of mega fight.

But then again anything can happen i boxing and if Khan is caught right I still feel he will go!
    Balls

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by porkypara View Post
    Dont blame Khan for taking an easy fight as long as he is willing to take on the big names as well.

I just hope SKY tv dont insult our inteligence and try and pass this off as some type of mega fight.

But then again anything can happen i boxing and if Khan is caught right I still feel he will go!
    This isn't an easy fight at all. I don't think anyone has suggested that. Peterson is a very capable boxer. Most people's gripe is that the fight isn't exactly necessary to hold up a mega fight like Wlad vs. Haye.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post

This isn't an easy fight at all. I don't think anyone has suggested that. Peterson is a very capable boxer. Most people's gripe is that the fight isn't exactly necessary to hold up a mega fight like Wlad vs. Haye.
    Maybe easy was not the best way to put it.

Sky are all about money at the end of the day.There must be a good reason this fight is happening rather than the Haye Klit fight.

Have ot got a F$%king clue what that reason is though...
    Balls

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheMacMagician View Post
    Decent stay busy fight, but not a huge fight for him to bring home to his adoring british public..... I'd rather watch Khan Maidana II at the MEN.....

I just get this felling that if Judah beats Mabuza that we'll be seeing Judah vs Khan after Peterson too and not vs the Bradley/Alexander winner. Something tells me I might be right for once.
    I read a while ago that there was a rematch clause inserted into the Bradley - Alexander fight by both fighters, so it's likely that they will be busy until the back end of 2011 anyway.

So it makes sense for Khan to beat Peterson and then cash in against Judah. I mean he's already beaten Kotelnik, Malignaggi and Maidana so he doesn't have loads of options unless he rematches either Prescott or Maidana.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by bzkfn View Post

Maybe easy was not the best way to put it.

Sky are all about money at the end of the day.There must be a good reason this fight is happening rather than the Haye Klit fight.

Have ot got a F$%king clue what that reason is though...
    The good reason is simple...

Khan has the tv date with Sky and HBO. Changing to a different date which suits both networks aswell as suiting Khan and his opponent (Peterson in this case) is difficult.

Haye and Wladimir have supposedly been fighting each other for 18 months. I don't blame Sky for not messing Khan about to put on a fight which may or may not end up taking place.

And also, in the long run it makes better financial sense for Sky.

Think about it - Haye - Klitschko PPV

or

Chisora - Klitschko PPV

Haye - TBA PPV

Haye - Klitschko PPV

I know which option i'd go for if i was top brass at Sky. And it would be option that doesn't piss their only other PPV star off.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMacMagician View Post

I read a while ago that there was a rematch clause inserted into the Bradley - Alexander fight by both fighters, so it's likely that they will be busy until the back end of 2011 anyway.

So it makes sense for Khan to beat Peterson and then cash in against Judah. I mean he's already beaten Kotelnik, Malignaggi and Maidana so he doesn't have loads of options unless he rematches either Prescott or Maidana.
    I'd said this before. Judah is going to get a title and become interesting to Pacman. If Judah wins this IBF title, look for Judah vs Pacman. Judah has a name and can say he gave Mayweather a tough 4 rounds. Plus he brings a glass chin!!!
    If not Pacman, Judah vs JMM is going down.
    Last edited by Ant Live; 01-07-2011 at 02:05 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a good stay busy fight. Peterson hung in there versus Ortiz and looked good in spots. Khan should beat him easily, but there aren't many out there Khan won't beat easily. Why not Ortiz? GB not ready to put him in that tough yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Khan vs Peterson is PPV, Chisora vs Wlad won't be.
    Hidden Content

www.twitter.com/BoxingBantz

Thread Information