Yesterday I was talking boxing with a good friend of mine, who's also a HUGE boxing fan, and has a lot of inside knowledge, having boxed a bit himself. We were talking about a lot of fights and fighters, when the subject got around to the infamous Mayweather-Mosley fight. That's when my friend said: "That fight must've been fixed. Mosley had to be paid off." Of course, I brushed him off, because I love boxing dearly and prefer not to think of it in those terms. But something about the conversation took me back to the fight itself.

The fight started well enough, with pretty good action. And then came the second round..... BOOM!! Mosley buckles Floyd's knees with a hard right hand. The beginning of the end, right? Wrong. I don't know WHAT THE HELL happened to Mosley after that, but he became a shell of his former self. No only did he not capitalize on that shot... but he completely changed his fighting style. He became defensive, more passive, and allowed Floyd to dominate the rest of the fight. WHY?!? He had Floyd right where he wanted him. Sure... credit to Floyd for coming back from the shot... but what happened to Mosley?

People said... and I was one of them... that the Mosley that destroyed Margarito would've beaten Mayweather that night. And don't get your panties in a bunch, PBF fans. I'm not comparing Mayweather to Margarito. I'm just saying I've NEVER in my life seen such an abrupt change in a fighter smack in the middle of a fight, (especially after he had just stunned Mayweather), as I saw in Mosley that night. Other than the Tito fiasco against Winky (shudder) that has to be one of the most frustrating fights for me ever. Mosley had him in his sights... and just let him go. Yeah, yeah, yeah... Mayweather obviously had a lot to do with that. But nobody can tell me that Mayweather is THAT much better than Mosley. And if Mosley truly aged THAT MUCH during the fight... he should've hung up the gloves right then and there. Question is: Which Mosley are we going to see against Pac?