Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Canelo=Yori Boy

I could not help but compare Canelo with Yori Boy. Yori Boy fought the same way, straight in and had a great punch. Except he had no defense and just tried to take your head off. I do think Canelo has a lot of potential, he is stronger than Yori Boy but man if he doesn't change trainers soon and changes his mindset, he is going to be taken apart by a slick boxer.
    ORIGINAL MEMBER OF THE DREADED AND MUCH FEARED CIRCLE OF TRUST (CoT)Hidden Content
    Inventor of Who Are You

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo=Yori Boy

The comparison to Yori Boy popped into my head when I was reading elsewhere on this forum about Alvarez's 'overrated' punching power.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i wouldn't even say his power is overrated, i mean he's landing these huge blows with fucking Winnings gloves, i'm pretty sure if he was wearing Reyes or Grant gloves he would have blasted out Matty by the 8th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As long as they dont rush him he'll be ok, the only problem is he is a belt holder and a major one at that. Who will he fight that legitimizes him being a champ without risking him losing
    Another thing he should stay at junior middle for a long time IMO, welter is imspossible for he can't make weight proven fact. Middleweight at 5'9 or 5'10" and 165 lbs fight night weight I don't know if he will have a strength advantage their either. But only time will tell for he is just 20 yrs old.
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlik View Post
    As long as they dont rush him he'll be ok, the only problem is he is a belt holder and a major one at that. Who will he fight that legitimizes him being a champ without risking him losing
    Another thing he should stay at junior middle for a long time IMO, welter is imspossible for he can't make weight proven fact. Middleweight at 5'9 or 5'10" and 165 lbs fight night weight I don't know if he will have a strength advantage their either. But only time will tell for he is just 20 yrs old.
    i'd love to see Alvarez KO Chavez Jr, put in a REAL fighter against a daddy's boy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    i'd love to see Alvarez KO Chavez Jr, put in a REAL fighter against a daddy's boy
    hahaha! i second that. jr's shoing vs duddy was impressive though
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't help but think of he and Berto a bit. Both huge talents but they are rushing the product to the top without fine tuning basics. He'll have to adapt 'on the job' instead of low key building progression fights...and the lack of weight discipline a whole nother matter.

Can see some Campas. Campas stayed on that body work like a mad man.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    hahaha! i second that. jr's shoing vs duddy was impressive though
    but his showing last time out wasn't lol

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have got to watch this Canelo, I love the JCC snr, Campus style of boxing.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

co-signed!

How about quintana or cuntron, i mean cintron as potential walk throughs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by carpetrepairhouston View Post
    co-signed!

How about quintana or cuntron, i mean cintron as potential walk throughs?
    Yup agreed, Cintron can still be dangerous but has a questionable heart, Quintana would be a good one too.The main thing is the fighter should not have the combo of power and slickness, either one only
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saul looked good last night. And I have to agree with the slick boxer comment giving Saul a good fight. But besides Martinez and Sergeii Dzinziruk, who else is slick? Cintron could be good but the heart factor is still a question. So that only leaves a bull vs a bull

Saul vs . . .
    Augulo
    K9
    Margarito
    And maybe . . .
    P Williams.(?able chin now)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ant Live View Post
    Saul looked good last night. And I have to agree with the slick boxer comment giving Saul a good fight. But besides Martinez and Sergeii Dzinziruk, who else is slick? Cintron could be good but the heart factor is still a question. So that only leaves a bull vs a bull

Saul vs . . .
    Augulo
    K9
    Margarito
    And maybe . . .
    sheesh, I think a good route is to fight whatever the alphabet org sends his way, maybe once or twice, then go through

k9
    margarito
    angulo
    paul

and if he shines through and can show some head movement and some ability to actually step back to have a counter game, then really take him to deep waters. If not, Vargas part deux.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by carpetrepairhouston View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ant Live View Post

Saul vs . . .
    Augulo
    K9
    Margarito
    And maybe . . .
    sheesh, I think a good route is to fight whatever the alphabet org sends his way, maybe once or twice, then go through

k9
    margarito
    angulo
    paul

and if he shines through and can show some head movement and some ability to actually step back to have a counter game, then really take him to deep waters. If not, Vargas part deux.
    The alphabet org is saying Angulo next if he wins his upcoming fight. But knowing DLH, Augulo would not get the fight because he won't be able to make it to the states. Which will leave him a couple of options in which the opponent don't have much pop.
    1. Vanes Martirosyan
    2. Sergio Mora

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like the Vanes option with all things considered. He's made improvements, good mobility and just enough combo to frustrate Alvarez. Not great fight but good for both at this juncture.

Thinking about it I'd like Mora vs Alvarez fight for wrong reasons...like pulling the wings off a fly and a lady bug hitting the windshield of a speeding truck spring to mind.

Thread Information