Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Stunning an opponent - thoughts please !!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Stunning an opponent - thoughts please !!

Right have asked before but this is really fucking me off. So any ideas please

When I stun a guy I can't get anywhere near him as he just backs off and beats my swings and pace. When I get stunned I am rooted to the fucking spot !!

Yes I am having a moan but this is totally un realistic as a stunned boxer is usually easy to pin down.

Oh and I though I am getting to like the fighting gameplay think online is shit due to the different ratings for boxers. There's no level playing field anymore with all thix XP bollox and its getting increasingly hard to fight people your own rating (have had about 12 fights and still 7

rant over
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I feel your pain, friend. I'm having the same issues. Usually I yell at the tv and cuss a lot, it doesn't really help, but I feel much better afterwards.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Stunning an opponent - thoughts please !!

I finally got myself a copy of this over the weekend and am still coming to grips with it all. It just doesn't feel as smooth as some of the previous FN games so far and it isn't so easy to block with only the one limited block button. Seems much more about going to town and trying to beat your opponent more on workrate. I'm also not happy that James Toney isn't in it anymore and neither is Barrera and yet we have all these other nobodies like Danny Jacobs and Billy Dib.

I've been stunning opponents, but can't seem to take them out. This is in legacy/career mode which I am tackling first, but I am still early in my career. Maybe it gets easier as your stats go up. I am also a champion version virgin, so am learning as I go along.

I haven't played online yet, but will join the saddo gym once I have learned what I am doing.

It looks very nice, but throwing punches just seems too mechanical and awkward so far. It's only been a day, so I need to give it more time. I thought punch control was hard when FN4 came out, but I adjusted and I will to this. I have no desire to return back to buttons.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it's a matter of not swinging like mad when they are stunned, take your time and pick your punches. You can chase after them better if your not swinging punches.

I'm really enjoying it, online is good when you can find an even fight.

I first thought swinging windmills was the way forward, but I can tell you now that if you come in swinging, you will get KO'd!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I use speed body jabs to keep my opponent still when stunned and it also keeps their health ultra low then one right hook or right straight sends them down and it always works. 9 times out of 10 my opponent pulls the plug. If I'm losing I just get disqualified that way no one can say I can't hack it. Why should I play the way someone else wants me to play if they arnt going to do the same??

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I just lost another fight online on points

he played the elusive running away game. I knocked him down once and had him stunned about 5 times. The last 3 times I stunned him I couldn't get anywhere near him to finish him.

yes i lost but its still fucking stupid

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Mark mate what style do u fight?? U on xbox?? Add me I'm greasysquirrel on xbox live

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ps3 mate

am a counter puncher

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm a counter puncher but mainly with stunner shots, jab and run is effective against u an I!! I use that jab and run shit with counter punching.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

See I'm a puncher at heart, I can't resist a tear up. I hate elusive fighters, I pick apart the punchers

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A lot of the time, it's just down to Athleticism.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    I finally got myself a copy of this over the weekend and am still coming to grips with it all. It just doesn't feel as smooth as some of the previous FN games so far and it isn't so easy to block with only the one limited block button. Seems much more about going to town and trying to beat your opponent more on workrate. I'm also not happy that James Toney isn't in it anymore and neither is Barrera and yet we have all these other nobodies like Danny Jacobs and Billy Dib.

I've been stunning opponents, but can't seem to take them out. This is in legacy/career mode which I am tackling first, but I am still early in my career. Maybe it gets easier as your stats go up. I am also a champion version virgin, so am learning as I go along.

I haven't played online yet, but will join the saddo gym once I have learned what I am doing.

It looks very nice, but throwing punches just seems too mechanical and awkward so far. It's only been a day, so I need to give it more time. I thought punch control was hard when FN4 came out, but I adjusted and I will to this. I have no desire to return back to buttons.
    By nobodies, do you mean professional prizefighters?

I guarantee you they will have given their images over for damn near free, so why complain about them being there instead of guys who would have cost a lot more. I reckon they're going to do a Mexican legends DLC anyway

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JazMerkin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post

By nobodies, do you mean professional prizefighters?

I guarantee you they will have given their images over for damn near free, so why complain about them being there instead of guys who would have cost a lot more. I reckon they're going to do a Mexican legends DLC anyway
    By nobodies I simply mean young guys who aren't even all that known. Barrera and Toney are legends of the sport and I always loved playing as them both. Now I have to be Calzaghe all the time. I am never going to play as Danny Jacobs. I would have prefered it if they could expand the roster without losing my favourite fighters.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope they release the Burger King deluxe download as well because I want to play as him just as much as Barrera.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm gonna try and make a James Toney CAB. Just to see...

Thread Information