Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default How good is McCloskey?

I'm certain you Brits have watched him a bunch. Thoughts?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How good is McCloskey?

I only vaguely knew his name from reading sites when this fight got announced . Didn't have a clue about anyone he had fought or anything - so no.

Probably why it hasn't sold that well.............
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

very hard to tell, i have seen him fight 3 or 4 times

he was impressive against colin lyons who was in some form when they fought but lyons isnt exactly world class even at his very best

he hasnt really ever looked anything like losing but the step up from where he is to where he is going is a big one

he has a chance tho i think because he is very awkward, i havent seen him be hit really tho either

my overall feeling is that I really cant see him pulling it off and i am worried that my £15 will only get me a couple of rounds of a main event
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

he was impressive against colin lyons who was in some form when they fought but lyons isnt exactly world class even at his very best

he hasnt really ever looked anything like losing but the step up from where he is to where he is going is a big one

he has a chance tho i think because he is very awkward, i havent seen him be hit really tho either

my overall feeling is that I really cant see him pulling it off and i am worried that my £15 will only get me a couple of rounds of a main event
    I think one thing about McCloskey, he has a decent chin and will take a fair old beating which leads me to a Khan UD due to the advantage in the speed and skill department. McCloskey is also a real awkward fighter, jolts around and slips punches, a tiny bit like a strange pale irish version of James Toney. Decievingly he always looks a little out of shape to me, and even at the weight in today he has tiny man boobs. He won;t be anywhere near as mobile and light on his feet as Khan as he'll probably get picked alot from range. He's hard to time though and I imagine it being a awkward, boring points win where Khan throws lots of punches, hits alot of glove and racks up probably atleast the first 5 rounds, winning a comfortable fight through activity. If Khans works the body from early, he could stops McCloskey, I think that might be where the key lies, personally, as he's a little fleshy.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

McCloskey has underrated speed, he is pretty fast. He likes to keep his right low and counter with the right hook, thats one of his best punches. I'm telling you if Maidana can touch up Khan I have no doubts McCloskey can as well. I think this fight is going to be alot better than some of you guys expect, just because you dont know him doesnt mean he's not good. Yes, his opposition hasnt been top notch at all, but you can still see the skills, and he has a decent chin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

rant, i got your msg but i cant write bak cuz i dont hav enuff posts but,

i go to elsmere boxing gym, but its been closed til monday because of construction. i dont kno alot about areas in delaware cuz im not rlly from around here , but i kno that the gym is near the flea market, in maryland ave (if you kno where that is) . the gyms cheap, only $30 a month, the only problem is that theres barely a trainer and you might have to do a few things on your own sometimes .

&& thnks , i jus found out about it yesterday . i been lookin for a forum for tips

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by randy93 View Post
    rant, i got your msg but i cant write bak cuz i dont hav enuff posts but,

i go to elsmere boxing gym, but its been closed til monday because of construction. i dont kno alot about areas in delaware cuz im not rlly from around here , but i kno that the gym is near the flea market, in maryland ave (if you kno where that is) . the gyms cheap, only $30 a month, the only problem is that theres barely a trainer and you might have to do a few things on your own sometimes .

&& thnks , i jus found out about it yesterday . i been lookin for a forum for tips
    Good luck with everything. I'm going to check it out sometime soon. Is it open on the weekend?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

thnks , ++ its onlyy open monday-thursdays "/

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's suprisingly good.

He will be committed and won't give up, the build up from his nation have been huge and you can guarantee he will give eveything.

Khan is far more skilled and I expect too mobile, but McKloskey will challenge him all the way.

Bad fight for Khan, I struggle to see him looking good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can see Khan taking him out early, if he survives the first three rounds he might warm to the task, but I have been speaking to a few lads who know Khan very well and they have told me they have all had big money on rounds one two and three, khan fancys the job early.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheMacMagician View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

I think one thing about McCloskey, he has a decent chin and will take a fair old beating which leads me to a Khan UD due to the advantage in the speed and skill department. McCloskey is also a real awkward fighter, jolts around and slips punches, a tiny bit like a strange pale irish version of James Toney. Decievingly he always looks a little out of shape to me, and even at the weight in today he has tiny man boobs. He won;t be anywhere near as mobile and light on his feet as Khan as he'll probably get picked alot from range. He's hard to time though and I imagine it being a awkward, boring points win where Khan throws lots of punches, hits alot of glove and racks up probably atleast the first 5 rounds, winning a comfortable fight through activity. If Khans works the body from early, he could stops McCloskey, I think that might be where the key lies, personally, as he's a little fleshy.
    i dont know if we have seen his chin tested yet have we?

i hope he can take a few otherwise i think it will be an early finish
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Havent seen alot of McCloskey but he looks o decent fighter at european level but arent sure if he has what it takes at world level. Looks very awkward fighter might take Khan acouple of rounds to get used to him. If Khan starts working the body i think he will stop McCloskey in 8, if not a ud for Khan. I just carnt see the upsetting happening at all in this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im sure well find out tonight how good he is fellas. Good luck to him
    Pleased to make your acquaintance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Heres a few highlights of the man. Hes got some skills.
    Pleased to make your acquaintance

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the revealing thing is that Colin Lynes dropped him. His best chance is if Khan is distracted because of this ppv scenario. Otherwise if Khan is 100% Paul wont last for 12 rounds.

Thread Information