Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Who does Pac fight next?

Of course we would all want Pac to fight Mayweather, but let's be honest that fight happeneing next is very slim. So who does he fight next?

I'm thinking Ortiz or Bradley would make the 2 best candidates. With my ideal choice would be Ortiz, even though he just moved up from 140 looks to be massive on fight night as in at least 160 pounds. It would be an exciting fight also with their 2 styles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who does Pac fight next?

It'll be a third fight with Marquez, in November 2nd or 3rd week I'm hearing. We all know he's not fight Floyd yet again.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Marquez. Pacquaio will knock him out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Sure PAC will KO Marquez having him fight at 147 will put lead plates on JMM and place him at a big disadvantage. Plus JMM is older and has shown age in last couple of fights being so easy to hit. JMM will take anything PAC offers and sell himself out. Fight at 147, sure take the tests! of JMM will not do ask that of PAC. What other option is there he has tucked in all the washed up old former champions and Arum's marketing has made him look greater than he really is. The next question is which former chamion has recently lost and is fragile mentally but can bring interest = Berto. (Arum formula) I keep hearing how no young fighter has earned the right so cancel Ortiz is too young, fast and dangerous. PBF ...... PAC will not take tests so JMM at a disadvantage weight class is only option. The substitute Berto but I doubt it. Bradley has no power or appeal. However Pac fans will find a way to justify this match like this recent Mosley fight and recent past fights .The better question is who after JMM?
    Last edited by Addicted to Boxing; 05-08-2011 at 07:19 PM.

El Kabong Guest

Marquez....that fight just has to happen.

I don't see any other interesting match ups for him....Zab? Maidana? Berto? I just am not up for anything other than Pac-Floyd or Pac-JMM

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted to Boxing View Post
    Sure PAC will ko Marquez having him fight at 147 will put lead plates on JMM and place him at a big disadvantage. Plus JMM is older and has show
    n age in last couple of fights being so easy to hit. JMM will take anything PAC offers and sell himself out. Fight at 147, sure take the tests! of JMM will not do ask that of PAC. What other option is there he has tucked in all the washed up old former champions and Arum's marketing has made him look greater than he really is. The next question is which former chamion has recently lost and is fragile mentally but can bring interest = Berto. I keep hearing how no young fighter has earned the right so cancel Ortiz too young, fast and dangerous. PBF ...... Will not take tests so JMM at a disadvantage weight class is only option. The substitute Berto but I doubt it. Bradley no power or appeal. But Pac huggers will find a way to justify like this recent Mosley and recent past fights .The better question is who after JMM?
    All this weight disparity thing with Marquez is an urban legend blown way out of proportion. Marquez is not obligated to make 147 if the fight is made their. He can weigh in at 141. Manny consistently weighs in at 145 and is probably only a few pounds heavier at fight time. Fact of the matter is they would be just a few pounds apart at fight time and theirs really no size mismatch at all. Think about when Armstrong first went to 147 he had to drink small lakes to make himself appear bigger on the scales.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I guess JMM but I dont think pac would get as much credit.

Beside Floyd there is nobody 140-147 that is near Pacs level. Bradley, Khan, Ortiz, Maidana, Berto I honestly think would be an easy KO win for pac.

I think Pac would get the most credit if he fights Martinez and that is what I want. I am hoping that fight happens next. Pac vs Martinez would be huge and is the only fight Pac would be the underdog in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

I don't see any other interesting match ups for him....Zab? Maidana? Berto? I just am not up for anything other than Pac-Floyd or Pac-JMM
    JMM at 140 or 147 ? 147 is a mismatch in favor of Pac.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac "pussifies" present and potential opponents... that said, I think he should just retire, for fights where he would excel, the slambang affair, will be slim to non existent.

The fights that are left no longer present interest despite being money fights.

He should just take solace in the fact that he fought the best opponents on credit and left everything in the ring every fight night.

Let the naysayers have a field day... not only will they not have enough garbage to taint his name, they too will only sound libelous and defaming, but only cheaply compared "wannabe's" to that of the Mayweathers.
    Last edited by KananKrus; 05-08-2011 at 09:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Sure PAC will ko Marquez having him fight at 147 will put lead plates on JMM and place him at a big disadvantage. Plu

s JMM is older and has show
    n age in last couple of fights being so easy to hit. JMM will take anything PAC offers and sell himself out. Fight at 147, sure take the tests! of JMM will not do ask that of PAC. What other option is there he has tucked in all the washed up old former champions and Arum's marketing has made him look greater than he really is. The next question is which former chamion has recently lost and is fragile mentally but can bring interest = Berto. I keep hearing how no young fighter has earned the right so cancel Ortiz too young, fast and dangerous. PBF ...... Will not take tests so JMM at a disadvantage weight class is only option. The substitute Berto but I doubt it. Bradley no power or appeal. But Pac huggers will find a way to justify like this recent Mosley and recent past fights .The better question is who after JMM?
    All this weight disparity thing with Marquez is an urban legend blown way out of proportion. Marquez is not obligated to make 147 if the fight is made their. He can weigh in at 141. Manny consistently weighs in at 145 and is probably only a few pounds heavier at fight time. Fact of the matter is they would be just a few pounds apart at fight time and theirs really no size mismatch at all. Think about when Armstrong first went to 147 he had to drink small lakes to make himself appear bigger on the scales.
    If an urban legend, why did PAC make catch weight guidelines with previous fights?
    Last edited by Addicted to Boxing; 05-08-2011 at 07:32 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

That fight will take place at 140 or 147 and I don't think JMM can compete with him at that weight. That's why I think Ortiz or Bradley is the best opponent for him. Some new and dangerous youngsters in the game. I stlll favor Pac to beat them both handily but it's something new.

And btw if he fights JMM in a 3rd match it will be said that JMM is Floyd's leftovers even though Pac fought him years before Floyd.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sure PAC will ko Marquez having him fight at 147 will put lead plates on JMM and place him at a big disadvantage. Plu

If an urban legend, why did PAC make catch weight guidelines with previous fights?
    Because he's a small welter weight.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

From a legacy perspective I can only think of three fights that matter

Floyd
    JMM at 135
    A suicide mission to win the legitimate middleweight title against Sergio Martinez

I don't see any of those happening.

From a moneymaking point of view? The following could be boxed up to sell I suppose
    JMM at 140-147
    Zab (stilla dangerous guy)
    Kahn
    Bradley
    Ortiz
    Hidden Content Bring me the best and I will knock them out-Alexis Arguello
    I'm not God, but I am something similar-Robert Duran

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Rain View Post
    I guess JMM but I dont think pac would get as much credit.

Beside Floyd there is nobody 140-147 that is near Pacs level. Bradley, Khan, Ortiz, Maidana, Berto I honestly think would be an easy KO win for pac.

I think Pac would get the most credit if he fights Martinez and that is what I want. I am hoping that fight happens next. Pac vs Martinez would be huge and is the only fight Pac would be the underdog in.
    I agree but at some point he needs to fight an up and comer to combat the angle that he Cherry picks old washed up fighters. Are you a boxing fan or in it for Pac only? Thinking Martinez is way too much unless they think they can catch weight him. At the rate Martinez is fighting and the opponents vs Pacs he has no leverage to pull off the catchweight unless Martinez is stupid. I also find it offensive as a fight fan that Pacs promoters and Pac fans can sell marquee names with losses in previous 1-3 fights above the names you mentioned like Kahn, Berto, Ortiz, Bradley. How did Mosley deserve the fight? How did EM deserve the 3rd fight after his rune up loss? Then you factor in PBF beating common opponents first. Why are you so taken by the fact Pac's achievements are questioned? I do not recall such a journey as open to ridicule. Arum is too blame his only concern is his pocket books. I just hope no drug use ever surfaces as it would erase everything and bring great shame to the great /prideful Filipino people. Which ties to the theme as to why he will not take the test!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Because he's a small welter weight.
    You are complete joke so only PAC warrants special treatment? JMM is an even smaller welterweight so the fight should be at 140! So if PAC fight Martinez he should fight at Martinez weight class no if's and or butt' s (like you)

Thread Information