Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bradley,Judah and Morales reject Khan fight who do you think he should fight?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Bradley,Judah and Morales reject Khan fight who do you think he should fight?

Seems like he is struggling to find an opponent, Judah has tweeted no Khan we are looking for bigger
    Who is bigger? Pac or JMM but they are fighting each other.

My three would be

Maidana rematch
    Gurrero
    Prescott rematch.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bradley,Judah and Morales reject Khan fight who do you think he should fight?

Maidana would be a good one to see, unless Maidana is rematching Morales.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Get Prescott next...lay that loss to rest and then move on to the next meaningful fight

job biscuit (smooth your record up)!!!

eh eh!!!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Bradley,Judah and Morales reject Khan fight who do you think he should fight?

Yeah, no real reason not to avenge a 1st round KO loss.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think Khan gets anything by avenging that loss - Prescott has been convincingly beaten since that fight and it goes down as a lapse of concentration and experience on Khan's part as to why he was knocked out in 1.

Pointless fight

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

any of the three you suggested would be good
    think happy thoughts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rematch Prescott.

Ok Khan has come on leaps and bounds since the knockout and prescott has lost a few and i think Khan would most likely win...but Prescott keeps shouting for Khan to prove the first fight was a fluke and for me the fact that khan hasnt rematched him will always stop me being a true fan of his. I'm not the only 1 who thinks that.

Khan dodged the rematch and got an easy route to his title. Yeah he has shown he is tougher than the knockout loss made him look since then but it's all about righting wrongs.

In 40 years time if anyone brings up how amazing Khan was i'll point out the fact that he never had the nuts to rematch Prescott even though it was on a plate for him. There is no excuse if Khan says he has nothing to gain and that he'd win easy then just make the fight anyway if it's so easy. It would sell huge in the Uk imagine the build up to it!! He'd get a huge payday if nothing else.

Don't get me wrong it's not actually a dream fight of mine lol but i would just like to see Khan be brave enough to do it. History would be kinder to Khan if he smashed Prescott even if he goes on to lose big fights in the future.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think if the good fights are taken then, the three you mentioned are good choices. barring that he needs to drop down a tier and snag some name recognition via "mmmmm bop" Peterson, Josesito Lopez or Danny Garcia. I think Khan takes them all out, but his options are running slim.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's disappointing that both Bradley and Judah don't want any of Khan. I read an article yesterday over at the Scene that quoted Gary Shaw's attorney saying Bradley would make a lot more than the $1.3 million for the Khan fight. It seems he wants to let his contract with Shaw run down as it expires in June I think. Very disappointing.

Any of those opponents you mentioned would be great. I kind of figured Maidana would rematch Morales, so assuming that happens I'd really like to see Khan-Guerrero. Either of those 2 should be good fights. I'd have them in the order you've got as to who I'd prefer to see him go up against.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I won't harp on again about a Prescott rematch . But as the next fight is supposed to be a big one for him (McClosckey was a stay busy one) he needs a name.

Am pretty sure the bradley one will come off but apart from that I don't know who

Maidana rematch would be a massive sell but I don't think Roach will want it as too dangerous
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1. Maidana Rematch if he isn't fighting Morales. I understand if he doesn't want to take a Maidana rematch right now. He won the first fight and he could let it build up for a bit. Maybe this choice isn't realistic.

2. Wait it out and face the winner of the Alexander/Matthyse.

3. Robert Guerrero. He's coming off a big win over Kastidis and would be a good fight for Khan. This choice may make the most sense for Khan right now. He's a GB fighter so the fight will be easy to make. HBO would buy it because Guerrero has a relatively big support base in California. The styles match-up is good too.

4. Judah if Pacquiao and Marquez fight. At this point, Khan beats Judah, but Judah has a shot because his punches are accurate and Khan's chin is vulnerable. It's not horrible, but it's vulnerable.

5. Prescott rematch. It's always good to avenge your losses. Prescott has fallen off, but not completely - he recently had a good win on ESPN here in the states.
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 05-12-2011 at 02:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    1. Maidana Rematch if he isn't fighting Morales. I understand if he doesn't want to take a Maidana rematch right now. He won the first fight and he could let it build up for a bit. Maybe this choice isn't realistic.

2. Wait it out and face the winner of the Alexander/Matthyse.

3. Robert Guerrero. He's coming off a big win over Kastidis and would be a good fight for Khan. This choice may make the most sense for Khan right now. He's a GB fighter so the fight will be easy to make. HBO would buy it because Guerrero has a relatively big support base in California. The styles match-up is good too.

4. Judah if Pacquiao and Marquez fight. At this point, Khan beats Judah, but Judah has a shot because his punches are accurate and Khan's chin is vulnerable. It's not horrible, but it's vulnerable.

5. Prescott rematch. It's always good to avenge your losses. Prescott has fallen off, but not completely - he recently had a good win on ESPN here in the states.
    Matthyse is the next lineal champion at 140. MARK MY WORDS!!!

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz View Post
    I don't think Khan gets anything by avenging that loss - Prescott has been convincingly beaten since that fight and it goes down as a lapse of concentration and experience on Khan's part as to why he was knocked out in 1.

Pointless fight
    i agree with this

kahn is becoming like the klits, wants his cake and wants to eat it when it comes to negotiations
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

El Kabong Guest

Its a shame those guys won't fight Khan. Prescott would be my top choice.

Khan-Ortiz would be nice but obviously won't happen.

ICB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Althugz View Post

Pointless fight
    Totally disagree im not exactly an Amir Khan fan, but i would give him plenty of credit for revenging that loss, and im sure many others would too. And i wouldn't be that confident in Amir Khan winning again either.

Breidis Prescott is tall and has the reach, plus he is pretty explosive. If he caught Amir Khan and got him in trouble, i don't think Amir Khan would survivie.

Which makes it an exciting fight, and a chance to see if Amir Khan can get redemption.

Thread Information