0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is mike Tyson that great ?

Quote Originally Posted by nuggetdotcom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Mike Tyson's issue was COKE... that and whores... Don King controlled him with those vices, and the rest is history.

People don't realize that an oversexed, coked out confused Mike Tyson was beating the hell out of HW's.
    He was beating the hell out of Joe Public, women in fact anyone other than decent heavyweights/cruiserweights, who humiliated him. Mans a disgrace, he only gets media coverage because he bit evanders ear, never mind he got hammered twice by a cruiser who had some balls and did not play the iron mike agenda, then along comes lennox and humiliates the twat again! Not to mention Irishmen , Danny Williams or Buster Douglas! Mans a disgrace, fuck him
    How about fuck you mate!

All boxers fight bums at the start of their career. From the time Tyson fought for his first title he was NOT fighting bums.

In fact a proper evaluation has him with probably the 5th best HW resume of all time! After the Klitschko's, Holyfield and Lewis!

That "Cruiser" happened to be a "former Cruiser" and was roided to the absolute gills and one of the legends of the sport!

Other than that, LEnnox Lewis, among the best fighters ever to set foot in the ring and 3 other big boxers who out-talled and outweighed him!

Buster outboxed him soundly. Tyson was winning nearly every round against Williams before getting caught by big punches from a 270 bloody lb man! And he was pretty much even in the McBride fight too before he quit and retired.

Gee that's really something to diss there man!

Amongst all that, the man basically destroyed many good opponents and was always a dangerous and feared puncher right to the very end. Fuck me, I have never seen another boxer quite like Mike who can bend around punches, work their way inside with such exceptional handspeed, accuracy combined with savage power. I reckon that might have earned him a bit of media coverage well before he bit Evanders bloody ear off!

Your acidic post deserves the highest scorn, and you disrespect excellent boxer!

If you're in a hole, dont keep digging! You make a better case that me for disrespecting him, heavyweight gets beat by bigger, older, fatter heavyweight, remind me what the weight limit is? Twat!
    You think I'm digging a hole?

Mike Tyson went 50-6!

Mike was out-talled in all his losses.

Mike was outweighed in ALL his losses except the first Holyfield fight. And we don't even need to pump up Holyfield's quality at all to understand why. ALL we have to do is look at Holyfield in this picture!

http://178.32.177.128/b/b0/Mike_Tyso...ld_._Fasan.jpg

Also MOST HW champions outweigh their opponents more often than not. Mike Tyson is one of the few exceptions that was outweighed as often as he outweighed them.

This is testament to the quality of Mike Tyson, not contrary to it you bloody idiot!
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Mike Tyson's issue was COKE... that and whores... Don King controlled him with those vices, and the rest is history.

People don't realize that an oversexed, coked out confused Mike Tyson was beating the hell out of HW's.
    He was beating the hell out of Joe Public, women in fact anyone other than decent heavyweights/cruiserweights, who humiliated him. Mans a disgrace, he only gets media coverage because he bit evanders ear, never mind he got hammered twice by a cruiser who had some balls and did not play the iron mike agenda, then along comes lennox and humiliates the twat again! Not to mention Irishmen , Danny Williams or Buster Douglas! Mans a disgrace, fuck him
    A mixture of tall poppy and sick puppy syndrome.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    Tyson was pretty tough, because, unlike many HWs, his offense was based off his defense.
    But here's where it all gets funky. Losing Rooney was not what made him slip, because Rooney was just a drunken stumble bum to begin with. Tyson was done in by the peek-a-boo style.
    In that manner of fighting, reflexes are key. Patterson ditched it, but Tyson never did. What he needed, once his reflexes slipped, was not somebody seeking to return him to his "old" style, especially not Rooney (who was never otherwise involved with anyone of any success).
    What he needed was a trainer that would point him in a direction that would enable him to succeed.
    And no HW will ever be "great" because HWs are typically so abysmally skilled.
    I agree, Roooney was good as flesh behind Cus's mind, executing his training commands.
    Alone, he was not that good + drinking problems.

After watching Tyson's fights, Cus died around fight no 11 if I am not mistaken, Tyson's style started to changce already since then, but he kept going for a while till he won the title.

I also think, Cus was apparently too old to train Mike in the ring himself, hold mitts and stuff

But the real more important reason is this:

Cus used "good and bad cop" method with Mike. It was important to keep an image of a father in Mike's eye, so Mike would be his doggy all the time,
    obeying his commands. Cus rarely said any crap to Mike, always only encourage him. The crap came from Rooney or Altas , who was intructed by Cus actually. This is why
    when Mike reached the top, he had no regrets dumping Rooney (and Atlas earlier). Who would like to keep a pain-in-the-ass around yourself all the time?
    Last edited by SugarBoxing; 12-09-2014 at 04:28 AM.
    Learn Mike Tyson style and elements of Peekaboo @ SugarBoxing

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NVSemin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post
    Tyson was pretty tough, because, unlike many HWs, his offense was based off his defense.
    But here's where it all gets funky. Losing Rooney was not what made him slip, because Rooney was just a drunken stumble bum to begin with. Tyson was done in by the peek-a-boo style.
    In that manner of fighting, reflexes are key. Patterson ditched it, but Tyson never did. What he needed, once his reflexes slipped, was not somebody seeking to return him to his "old" style, especially not Rooney (who was never otherwise involved with anyone of any success).
    What he needed was a trainer that would point him in a direction that would enable him to succeed.
    And no HW will ever be "great" because HWs are typically so abysmally skilled.
    I agree, Roooney was good as flesh behind Cus's mind, executing his training commands.
    Alone, he was not that good + drinking problems.

After watching Tyson's fights, Cus died around fight no 11 if I am not mistaken, Tyson's style started to changce already since then, but he kept going for a while till he won the title.

I also think, Cus

1) was apparently too old to train Mike in the rign himself, hold mitts and stuff
    2) Cus used "good and bad cop" method with Mike. It was important to keep an image of a father in Mike's eye, so Mike was his dog
    Cus rarely said any crap to Mike, always encourage him. The crap came from Rooney, who was intructed by Cus actually. This is why
    when Mike reached the top, he had no regrets dumping Rooney. Who would like to keep a pain-in-the-ass around yourself all the time?

I agree also that Rooney wasn't that good by himself...BUT they had a team!

Also: Ditching the peeka a boo style comment further validates my claim that it was not a perfect system.

But I am not sure if I think that Rooney was a problem. I felt he had a solid camp with Rooney, Atlas and Giachetti.

from a trainer perspective-here is where I get political...Was when Don King came in. Altas was gone by then by putting a gun to Tyson's face. rooney and Giachettii were pushed out by CON-King IMO who played the race card. Then he got his buddies Holloway and another I forget his name, but when his crew finally eliminated Giachetti...Tyson was now surrounded by "yes" men.

Even Ronnie Shields did a fukced up job with no damn inswell against Douglas. What did they use? A balloon or a Con-King Condom? Makes me mad just typing this.

With a thread I did about cornermen quotes it was Giachetti that reminded me of when Tyson had guys who could at least tell him he was F'in up.

vs Ruddock II Ritchie says to Mike: MIkey, your looking for one damn shot and its no damn good! You hear me Mikey?" then slap!

Rooney to Tyson when Tyson said he was being held- Rooney "what do you mean he's holding you? Don't give me that. I want you bent at the knees...backed behind a strong solid jab and you MAKE him stop holding you. Man I loved those days..Tyson had a team. Individually? Yeah you guys are right, they weren't that sound. But as a team....damn good IMO

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post

Also: Ditching the peeka a boo style comment further validates my claim that it was not a perfect system.
    Who ever said it is perfect? Fighting is a game when you are trying to outsmart your opponent. Peekaboo is a very good counter system against classical orthodox boxers and sluggers, etc. Would be cool to see peekaboo vs a good heavy weight with James Toney's / Mayweather / Ezzard Charles / George Benton kinda skills, but there have been none.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who ever said it is perfect? Fighting is a game when you are trying to outsmart your opponent. Peekaboo is a very good counter system against classical orthodox boxers and sluggers, etc. Would be cool to see peekaboo vs a good heavy weight with James Toney's / Mayweather / Ezzard Charles / George Benton kinda skills, but there have been none.

I'm too tired to find the post or thread, but it was a counter to saying that Tyson's knowledge was good or I think it was stated great, but IMO it wasn't his greatest factor: IMO it was the FEAR factor that made Tyson such a formidable foe. Against big mofos at that.

I used the analogy of Evander fight # I who timed the shit outta Tyson's head movement to further validate that Tyson's (numbers) system in some ways had more flaws then we could see at the time" Buster & evander proved it. Stand up to Tyson (no fear) and watch Tyson's demeanor shrivel up like a dick in a cold swimming pool.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm too tired to find the post or thread, but it was a counter to saying that Tyson's knowledge was good or I think it was stated great, but IMO it wasn't his greatest factor: IMO it was the FEAR factor that made Tyson such a formidable foe. Against big mofos at that.

I used the analogy of Evander fight # I who timed the shit outta Tyson's head movement to further validate that Tyson's (numbers) system in some ways had more flaws then we could see at the time" Buster & evander proved it. Stand up to Tyson (no fear) and watch Tyson's demeanor shrivel up like a dick in a cold swimming pool.
    Like I said, this fight was a tricky thingy, Holyfield was lead by the Spirit of God.
    When the Creator fights your battles, peekaboo ain't gonna help. Also, MT was a self-righteous muslim at that time. He was DOOMED to fail. It has nothing to do with peekaboo.
    However, when Holyfield was in a cocky self-righteous state, fighting as a orthodox boxers, there is no way he could beat prime MT from 1986-1988. Amen!

This is the ULTIMATE UNDISPUTED TRUTH, please, do not bother answering this comments, just accept as good son accepts the will of the FATHER.
    Last edited by SugarBoxing; 12-09-2014 at 05:07 AM.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like I said, this fight was a tricky thingy, Holyfield was lead by the Spirit of God.
    When the Creator fights your battles, peekaboo ain't gonna help. Also, MT was a muslim at that time. He was DOOMED to fail. It has nothing to do with peekaboo.
    However, when Holyfield was in a cocky self-righteous state, fighting as a orthodox boxers, there is no way he could beat prime MT from 1986-1988. Amen!

This is the ULTIMATE UNDISPUTED TRUTH, please, do not bother answering this comments, just accept as good son accepts the will of the FATHER.
    Ok

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When the Creator fights your battles, peekaboo ain't gonna help. Also, MT was a self-righteous muslim at that time. He was DOOMED to fail. It has nothing to do with peekaboo.

LOL Talk about taking the piss NV

Anyway on a serious note, Mike lost to "roid-field"

Any version of Holyfield prior to 215 Holy (Bowe 2) gets beaten soundly by Mike. Mike could beat the Holyfield from Bowe 1 as well.

I don't KNOW if the 80's Mike could have beaten "Roid-field". But I always rate Evander h2h, prime4prime the notch above based on evidence, speculation excluded.
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Thread Information