Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Chris Arreola's power

not ripped not gigantic. how come he is so devastating?
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Chris Arreola's power

Punchers are born. Not made. He obviously was born with it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Must be all that damn weight behind it, although he is looking slimmer.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arreola is a really big guy, he's athletic, he has "heavy hands" meaning anything he hits you with hurts and he knows how to box. Also, he was born with punching power as VD says.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Punchers are born. Not made. He obviously was born with it
    Thus sayeth the wise man.
    Hidden Content Bring me the best and I will knock them out-Alexis Arguello
    I'm not God, but I am something similar-Robert Duran

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have really heavy hands. At 47, its about 30 years too late to go into boxing. But I do have regrets. I dont regret not having my nose broken though. I have a really big Italian nose which probably woulda got broken each and every fight, plus in sparring.

I met a wellknown trainer in Newark, NJ's Red Brick Gym back in 1996, and he took one look at me and said I should fight at about 147. Im only 5 foot 6, and my normal out of shape weight is about 185. I know I woulda been good at 147, with real heavy hands for that weight.

Now Im in South Korea, and the 147 pounders are weak as shit, they couldnt knock out a fuckin fly or even a fly's egg. Im seriously thinkin of going into boxing at age 47 just to knock these weak ass motherfuckers out. Yes Im fighting in a much lower quality market, but hey, maybe Ill be the South Korean welterweight champ soon.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pavlik View Post
    not ripped not gigantic. how come he is so devastating?
    Clottey is as ripped as they come, and the dude can barely punch through a wet paper bag

Zbik even came out as fit and ripped as possible and the guy had no power in his punches from round 1 against Chavez Jr on Saturday night, like many have already said, punchers are born not made, perfect example, George Foreman has been considered the hardest hitting heavy ever, and it didn't matter if it was the young buff George or the old fat George, either version still had punches that felt like cannon balls

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    I have really heavy hands. At 47, its about 30 years too late to go into boxing. But I do have regrets. I dont regret not having my nose broken though. I have a really big Italian nose which probably woulda got broken each and every fight, plus in sparring.

I met a wellknown trainer in Newark, NJ's Red Brick Gym back in 1996, and he took one look at me and said I should fight at about 147. Im only 5 foot 6, and my normal out of shape weight is about 185. I know I woulda been good at 147, with real heavy hands for that weight.

Now Im in South Korea, and the 147 pounders are weak as shit, they couldnt knock out a fuckin fly or even a fly's egg. Im seriously thinkin of going into boxing at age 47 just to knock these weak ass motherfuckers out. Yes Im fighting in a much lower quality market, but hey, maybe Ill be the South Korean welterweight champ soon.
    I am 47 as well. Put down whatever alchohol is giving you these delusions
    Hidden Content Bring me the best and I will knock them out-Alexis Arguello
    I'm not God, but I am something similar-Robert Duran

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In the grand scheme of things Arreleo is not that big and devastating puncher as say David Haye is.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by marbleheadmaui View Post

I am 47 as well. Put down whatever alchohol is giving you these delusions
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Friend I think you'd quickly learn that there is a lot more to boxing than power.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes, but could Arreola break a watermelon with one punch? That is the true question of boxing skills and potential, after all.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is the best post i've read since the greatest ever Saddo poster - Trainermonkey - left us.

I'm a 47-year-old little fat man with a big nose that is gonna duff-up a load of puny Koreans. Beyond awesome. Fact.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Definitely go for it. I just posted in the other thread, unaware that you actually do have very heavy hands. Also like you say you're in a market where there probably isn't much comp. Hell, you'll likely end up against our other South Korean based poster Miles & as he's a runaway leader for forum gay of the year, I think that tells you all you need to know about the competition over there.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB
    Friend I think you'd quickly learn that there is a lot more to boxing than power.
    Adam, c'mon man, you know boxing. Don't you remember that other guy who had mad power for his weight. He's a pretty decent name in the boxing world now. Hell, I seem to remember there was talk of him being Floyd's comeback opponent. I suspect this guy must have real power to have this level of confidence, so I think the least we at Saddo's can do is get behind him.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He's heavy handed but not a one punch knockout artist or anything.

Thread Information