Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default 5 round UFC main events

The UFC are bringing in 5 rounds for all of there main events. I read that it's first going to be used at UFC live Hardy vs Litle because they don't want to use it for the fights that are close because the fighters mindset is for the three rounds. I think this will make for some great fights and no doubt more finishes so i think its a good thing. What do you guys think?
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: 5 round UFC main events

I can't imagine how fit you would have to be to do 5 x 5 min rounds. Will be interested when people 'Gas' and get KTFO!
    God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I'll say it again, God is a concept, By which we can measure, Our pain, I don't believe in magic, I don't believe in I-ching, I don't believe in bible, I don't believe in tarot, I don't believe in Hitler, I don't believe in Jesus, I don't believe in Kennedy, I don't believe in Buddha, I don't believe in mantra, I don't believe in Gita, I don't believe in yoga, I don't believe in kings, I don't believe in Elvis, I don't believe in Zimmerman, I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me!!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a bad idea, in my opinion, especially if you like fast paced fights where the ref does not become a big factor in the fight. We all like to see the older guys fight it out once in a while, but let's face the facts, watching Forrest and Tito throw down is going to get boring as hell after three rounds. If they pace themselves then the whole fight is dull, and you will be hearing the ref's ,'let's pick up the pace', all the time.
    The one thing about, Dana White and the UFC, I admire most is the respect they give to the older guys, and watching the older guys in a main event, once in a while, is something we can all get behind, but not five rounds. Now, let's talk
    about injuries, which are becoming a factor more and more in every card. The more time you spend in training increases your chances of of an
    injury. As the money and fame increase, the fighters logically, train longer and harder and injuries increase. Five round bouts should be used for championship fights only, in my opinion.

Thread Information