Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default I'm hearing rumors of Canelo vs. Cintron...bad move

I like Canelo. He's got big time superstar potential. It looks like he's going to end up being a hybrid of De la Hoya/Cotto. (Mechanics of delahoya, power of cotto). But Ive read some various boxing sites about his next potential opponent. I hear names like Mayorga, Cotto etc...but one name that came up was Kermit Cintron. I think this is nuts at this stage. I'm sure plenty will disagree with me but I don't see Canelo winning this fight...yet. Cintron is big and packs a hell of a punch. He isn't going to be baited like other fighters into coming forward if he doesn't want to. Plus Canelo getting hit with a Cintron punch is going to feel like getting hit by a bag of bricks compared to his other opponents. I like Mayorga (for Canelo, not for the fans). Cintron should come 3-4 fights later. And when it's time to fight (and beat) Chavez jr., please don't make it a mayweather/pacman situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: I'm hearing rumors of Canelo vs. Cintron...bad move

Canelo by UD.
    Hidden Content

www.twitter.com/BoxingBantz

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i like cintron in this fight also.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like this fight so I hope it happens. He'll probably fight Mayorga though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't Cintron have a fight coming soon?
    July 9th

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good the fraud needs to fight a real opponent and I want to see him found out. I will be cheering for Cintron and think he has a real chance of taking this.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

15 Rounder - I couldn't agree more. It's too soon for Cintron.

Cintron is too live and too big a puncher to put in with Canelo now. If Jose Cotto can wobble him, Cintron will knock him out. I would be very impressed with his team if they actually put him in with Canelo.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

Cintron is too live and too big a puncher to put in with Canelo now. If Jose Cotto can wobble him, Cintron will knock him out. I would be very impressed with his team if they actually put him in with Canelo.
    But isn't Canelo supposed to be a champ and earning big bucks on TV. What can be too soon? It's like JCC Jr, a massive hoax to string people along on the way up and yet still claim to be a champion. These people need to fight people who can beat them. That is the challenge.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I also think Cintron beats him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post

But isn't Canelo supposed to be a champ and earning big bucks on TV. What can be too soon? It's like JCC Jr, a massive hoax to string people along on the way up and yet still claim to be a champion. These people need to fight people who can beat them. That is the challenge.
    I agree surely if you have a title and you are the champ (1 of anyway) then you must consider yourself the best and be willing and able to face anyone.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hear that point. The way I see it is that if you have the title you should defend it. If you need time to develop than take the time. No harm in not fighting the best in the division if you need time to hone your craft, but then you shouldn't have the title because you aren't a champion yet. I may be wrong but I view Canelo a little bit different than Chavez Jr. He's either more developed or just better. I believe his mandatory is Vanes. That would actually be a legitimate fight and if he took the 0 from Vanes, I'd give him some real credit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good comments in here. In reference to Canelo vs. JCC jr, those rumors are already circulating, especially in Mexico. I just hope it doesn't turn out (as i stated earlier) like another mayweather/pacman situation when it's time for those two to get in the ring. But they won't fight eachother for another 10-15 fights. I can see that story now, the kid with the silver spoon (JCC jr) vs. the poverty stricken kid who had to learn how to fight out of necessity (come on, being the only red head ever in mexico, you know he got picked on in school). But I digress again, Vanes seems like it would be a good match up for him, a reasonable step up in competition. This kid is going to steel alot of mexican fans from JCC jr.

El Kabong Guest

Heck on his night Cintron is a beast and I don't even want Cotto to fight him....

HOWEVER!

Cintron is a mentally weak fighter, he makes plenty of mistakes, and I've never seen his power from the left. Sure Cintron's right cross is powerful, but roll and uppercut a few times and he's done for. Cintron fights kind of timidly, he moves around pumping the jab and looking for a window where he can fit that right cross in.

Canelo is good, he's young, and Cintron ain't the type of guy to ruin a fighter...I say no pain no gain, go get 'em you ginger Mexican!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo is no more a champ than you or I. He's just got a strap. The kid is still a prospect. A popular one, but a prospect nonetheless.
    Hidden Content Bring me the best and I will knock them out-Alexis Arguello
    I'm not God, but I am something similar-Robert Duran

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by marbleheadmaui View Post

Canelo is no more a champ than you or I. He's just got a strap. The kid is still a prospect. A popular one, but a prospect nonetheless.
    He's more of a champ than you to be fair. He has a strap, and also a boxing license. You have a Saddo account and maybe a subscription with HBO?

See the difference?

Thread Information