Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Tavoris Cloud vs. Yusaf Mack on Saturday - June 25th

June 25
    At St. Charles, Mo. (HBO): Devon Alexander vs. Lucas Matthysse, 10 rounds, junior welterweights; Tavoris Cloud vs. Yusaf Mack, 12 rounds, for Cloud's IBF light heavyweight title.

I don't expect much from Yusaf Mack, but hopefully we'll see a competitive title fight, as for Alexander vs. Lucas Matthysse, that's a pick 'um fight, but i'll be pulling for Matthysse since Devon has a bad case of "Dirrell syndrome".

and also on June 25:

At Cologne, Germany (Epix and EpixHD.com): Felix Sturm vs. Matthew Macklin, 12 rounds, for Sturm's WBA "super" middleweight title.

This might be fun to watch, I don't recall anything about Macklin, but I hope he wins, Sturm has been squatting on his middleweight trinket long enough, time for someone new. Let's see if we can get a stream for Epix.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tavoris Cloud vs. Yusaf Mack on Saturday - June 25th

I am fully expecting Matthysse to bully Alexander. I hope that Cloud doesnt have difficulties with Mack, because Mack can be a spoiler when he isn't pressured. Cloud has to show his killer instinct in this one. I like Cloud and hope he gets a bigger name if he performs well. As far as Macklin Vs. Sturm.....I think thats gonna be a close one. It's in Germany meaning Mackiln cant have any close rounds or he wont get a decision. I think Sturm is too conservative and will pull off a points win. Macklin doesnt have an explosive offense he's more of a counter puncher and he will be waiting for an opening that just wont be there.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't help but think Mack will be throwing stones at an Abrams tank in this one and get tko'd.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I can't help but think Mack will be throwing stones at an Abrams tank in this one and get tko'd.
    I expect it to be a 4-5 round throwdown! Cloud can't be in a bad fight and Mack is exciting as well...one thing is for certain, its not going to the cards!

Tavoris Cloud is a dangerous fighter for anyone at 175 and I would love nothing more than to see him KO Hopkins. However that won't happen as #1 The fight won't happen and #2 Hopkins is cagey enough to not get stopped by anyone unless they have an insane amount of power and can deliver it effectively (think Bob Foster)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cloud stops him. No offense to Mack, but he's a step below the elite level. Every time he steps up, he loses.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Cloud stops him. No offense to Mack, but he's a step below the elite level. Every time he steps up, he loses.
    Yup, i'm just hoping for a competitive, action packed fight.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its hard not to pick Cloud over Mack considering their recent fights against Glen Johnson. Also Mack being KO'd by Alejandro Berrio.

Mack has talent and a ton of heart, but he has a shaky chin and tends to wilt under extreme pressure.

Cloud brings a lot of pressure and hits very hard so he should stop Yusaf Mack.

The more interesting fight is Matthysse vs. Alexander.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Whilst i do not expect Mack to win, he is an exciting fighter and does make things entertaining so hope he can survive to see the final bell.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't call the alexander fight. Classic case of alexander not being as good as people say but no where near as bad as others say he is. Just like ortiz going from quit you suck to hey you can beat the best in the sport, he threw that great uppercut against urango and bam ! But then he looses and everyone knew he wasn't crap in the first place all of the sudden. Mathyesse excuse me if that's wrong , is no joke. Zab knew he beat zab, but i really don't know much of him outside that. I know there is someone on here that is a huge supporter of mack so for that i hope he wins, but if i had to bet my paycheck and risk my kids not getting thier toys this month (cause they don't care about food or important stuff) id say cloud stops him. And a lot easier and earlier than glen did.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Tonights Fights (Sat 25th June)

Some good fights tonight-

Kell Brook vs N'Dou - first decent fight for Brook, be interestig to see if he can get a KO

Macklin vs Sturm - another Brit probably going to get shown up on the big stage

Richard Towers vs Someone - I've been championing this guy for ages now, he should get some TV time tonight and I'm looking forward to see his progress
    Last edited by 0james0; 06-25-2011 at 11:56 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yer looking forward to tonites fights...if brook stops ndou then that would be a big statement...macklin will make a good account of himself and Towers will be shown up tonite and labour to a points win

job biscuit (go mack u need a knock out)!!!

eh eh!!!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Tonights Fights (Sat 25th June)

Stateside we have Yusaf Mack vs. Tavoris Cloud and Devon Alexander "Formerly the Great" vs. Lucas Matthysse. Looking forward to both fights. I think Cloud blasts Mack out in 4-5 rounds, but it should be interesting until that point.

I'll be watching Brook closely really excited to see how well he steps up.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thread stickied, bitches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Cotto, Cintron, Alvarez and Malignaggi (joking) couldnt get N'Dou out of there it'd be a surprise to me if Brook can stop him. If he does fair play it makes him true world class and he should step up to a world title asap.

Question - does anyone know anything about Zaveck or Senchenko? They both hold world titles as welterweight but ive never seen em and im guessing thats who Brook would target for a title.
    maineventboxing.wordpress.com - my mates boxing blog, check it out for fight articles and fight predictions

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bumping this up, maybe we can use this as tonight's fight thread:

June 25
    At St. Charles, Mo. (HBO): Devon Alexander vs. Lucas Matthysse, 10 rounds, junior welterweights; Tavoris Cloud vs. Yusaf Mack, 12 rounds, for Cloud's IBF light heavyweight title.

I don't know why Alexander vs. Matthysse is being listed as the main event, Tavoris Cloud vs. Yusaf Mack is the bigger fight, and it's for the IBF Light Heavyweight trinket.

The action starts on HBO B.A.D. @ 9:45 PM EST. PM me if you need a stream, i'll do my best.

HBO: Boxing: Home

Thread Information