Thread: Haye has shocking stamina

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now Eddie chambers is quick and uses combos and if he couldn't land then haye won't land?? Chambers also threw and landed more than haye ever has and wlad was still winning!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Haye has shocking stamina

Quote Originally Posted by Dropanuke View Post
    Now Eddie chambers is quick and uses combos and if he couldn't land then haye won't land?? Chambers also threw and landed more than haye ever has and wlad was still winning!!
    Eddie's punches don't have much power, so Wlad didn't have much to worry about.
    Also Eddie stays planted in one spot too long.

Bad comparison I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanhatton View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornfinger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornfinger View Post
    Haye doesnt even train for endurance no long runs, he trains more like a sprinter if anything, short sharp explosive work
    Which is a proven method of improving cardio vascular endurence.

Doing 45 minutes of sprinting is better for your endurence than a 45 minute 5 mile job at moderate pace. FACT!
    who does 45 minutes of sprinting though ?

lets chuck usain bolt in for the 1500m .... actually why not the marathon then if sprinting is so good for your endurance

I'm willing to bet athletes like david haye do.

Shall I educate you a bit?

I'm starting to train for the great north run (UK half marathon) Whilst I will train for the event with long runs a massive part of my training will be sprint training as it strengthens the heart and lungs so well. I do this because it's how I've trained for past long distance runs. I was told to train this way by at least two runners who compete at club level.

What Usain Bolt and the 1500 mters has to do with this I'm not sure. I think it's as daft a comment as saying all boxers would clean up in MMA. Usain has been asked in the passed why he wouldn't do a longer distance and his reply was 'it's too painful because of the lactic acid build up.'

I have no doubt in my mind that bolt can run 1500m but I doubt he can do it faster than the competition in that event. The question here is stamina not speed.

Broken down into simple terms for you.

Bolt runs the 100m so he trains for the 100m

A 1500 meter athlete runs 1500m so trains for 1500m (which I have no doubt does include plenty of sprint training)

David Haye is a boxer so trains for boxing, which is bursts of energy for 3minutes with 12 1 minute breaks, which adds up to 48 minutes. So I'm not surprised his running drills would reflect it.

Are you really dumb enough to think you know more about how to train for a fight then a world heavyweight champion, who has one of the best physiques in world boxing and his team?
    and why are training for the 100m and 1500m so different if everything can be solved with sprinting

i guess all those guys with much better stamina than haye are idiots too doing all that running when some simple sprints would have sorted them out

Haye's stamina was shit and now it's actually pretty fucking good since he started doing the sprinting.

You're a prat mate, and you don't understand training so I can't be arsed to talk to you anymore. I've given you the info and the reasoning if you're too dumb to understand so be it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He was still going strong in the 7th against Mormeck and didn't look tired at all - this was after being dropped on the mat. He came back and dropped some crunching body shots on mormeck.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    lol ross. You always come out with some seriously distorted shit.

1. Haye did purposely go 12 rounds with Abdoul. He was getting constant criticism for not being able to handle the distance, so picked a fighter to go 12 with. He was even counting the amount of punches he threw per round. Yes it was an utter shit glorified sparring session. But it was done on purpose.

2. Fragomeni sat on his arse because Haye was blasting the living shit out of him. His corner were in the ring to stop the fight before the ref did.

Lets be real.
    If he fought Abdoul on purpose to prove or improve his stamina obviously even Haye was admitting he has shit stamina. The fight itself there was barely a punch thrown, so Haye was trying to pace himself because he knew he has shit stamina. I remember Jim Watt comenting on how fighting at such a slow relaxed pace is proving nothing. Like someone mentioned about the sprint training. Most mediocre fitness level fighters could piss that pace but made fight a harder pace and they would tire. Hayes opponent list apart from glass jaw macaranelli have all been 35 and over and nearing the end of their careers after KO's or retirement. He has been able to get away with hands low and a week chin. He hasnt fought anyone sharp for a long time.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    lol ross. You always come out with some seriously distorted shit.

1. Haye did purposely go 12 rounds with Abdoul. He was getting constant criticism for not being able to handle the distance, so picked a fighter to go 12 with. He was even counting the amount of punches he threw per round. Yes it was an utter shit glorified sparring session. But it was done on purpose.

2. Fragomeni sat on his arse because Haye was blasting the living shit out of him. His corner were in the ring to stop the fight before the ref did.

Lets be real.
    If he fought Abdoul on purpose to prove or improve his stamina obviously even Haye was admitting he has shit stamina. The fight itself there was barely a punch thrown, so Haye was trying to pace himself because he knew he has shit stamina. I remember Jim Watt comenting on how fighting at such a slow relaxed pace is proving nothing. Like someone mentioned about the sprint training. Most mediocre fitness level fighters could piss that pace but made fight a harder pace and they would tire. Hayes opponent list apart from glass jaw macaranelli have all been 35 and over and nearing the end of their careers after KO's or retirement. He has been able to get away with hands low and a week chin. He hasnt fought anyone sharp for a long time.
    Yeah I agree. I slated the fuck out of him for doing it at the time. Going the distance for the sake of it meant nothing. However, it was done on purpose. And subsequently Haye has scored late stoppages and a points win.

So the stamina issue shouldn't be used as an excuse, should he lose
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he still has issues with stamina. None of last few opponents have really been at the stage of their career that theycould really put any effort in. Only Valuev was a top 10 heavy.

The Valuev fight. Haye didnt do much different to what Holyfield did.

I domt know whats going to happen but if Haye thinks he can do what brewster and Sanders did hes in for a surprise. Although both have dodgy chins they are both natural heavys and can absorb punishment.

El Kabong Guest

Yeah when you go all bandy legged when Jean Marc Mormek clips you then you just may have a slight problem with a true heavyweight with 49 KO's out of 55 wins.

....But that's using common damn sense something people seldom use when their country's reputation in a sport is at stake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How is a countries reputation in a sport at stake?

Honestly lyle you wanna hope that it isn't because after the amount of yankie heavy weights we've seen come to the ring in embarrassing shape just to take a one sided beating, your country would have no reputation in the heavy weight division for the next 100 years or so.

Here's a bit of common sense for ya.

The fight is on saturday night. None of the posts about this fight on this or any other forum mean JACK SHIT. You can spout all the previous fight statistics you want, but it don't mean shit, other than to maybe highlight who the favourite/underdog is, but when did that ever win a fight? All that matters is what happens saturday.

previous fights/wins/ko's etc didn't do tyson any good against Buster for example.

If Haye loses he loses. He went into the back garden of a bigger more expierenced guy in the best shape he could be in (which is something no yankie heavy weight can say) and took his shot. No shame their. The only embarrasment Haye will have is because of the talk he did in the build up, but then I doubt he'd care anyway, he's a multimillionaire and he'd have boxed his last fight, and it would in no way reflect england, not that I care about this shitty country and it's disgusting inhabitants anyway.

But if haye wins......... Some people are gonna look really, really fucking stupid.

If only haye had the stamina wlad showed against brewster.......

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Yeah when you go all bandy legged when Jean Marc Mormek clips you then you just may have a slight problem with a true heavyweight with 49 KO's out of 55 wins.

....But that's using common damn sense something people seldom use when their country's reputation in a sport is at stake.
    Yeah...

At least Brewster, Purity, Sanders, Peter and DaVarryl Williamson etc etc were heavy weights.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's the biggest fight of his life and he's been training for months, I doubt he's going to be hanging after 4 rounds.

More of a problem I think (something no one has mentioned) is the scaring David has above his right eye and on that eye lid. Wlad will be pumping that jab there all night and I think Haye will get cut open.

El Kabong Guest

You guys are really cute, you're trying to paint this nice little "No Way We Can Lose" picture on one hand its "If Wlad wins then he was supposed to. He's bigger on his home turf, and vastly more experienced" and on the other hand its "The WBA title holder is Wlad's most dangerous threat EVER" ....nice scenario guys, good luck with it.

I'm being realistic, sure I've been a fan of Wlad since whenever, but the FACTS are that the WBA title holder has done fuck all in the heavyweight division to earn this shot except talk for over 2 fucking years....I personally think he's skilled, but how can you accurately judge when he has been fighting stiffs (yeah HE'S the one fighting the stiffs! Not Wlad). I worry that this is an Audley Harrison style hype job and well....I just hope the guy shows up to fight instead of looking to cash in that big retirement check and that my friends is a legitimate worry that I have as a fan of BOXING.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First off. At least here in the states if you are a competitive distance runner you run long distance to build up endurance. While you do periodic sprint training to help with actual muscle strength. Over ninety percent is spent on just distance running to help endurance. Boxers do the same thing when training here. Cardio by definition means extended periods of excercise which is much more effective for endurance then short burst excercises which are intended for strength.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Both fighters lack stamina, and are slow paced fights. Haye is more explosive but will not be able to sustain the attack. Wlad is just plain over cautious bordering on passive and boring
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CommunistKevin View Post
    First off. At least here in the states if you are a competitive distance runner you run long distance to build up endurance. While you do periodic sprint training to help with actual muscle strength. Over ninety percent is spent on just distance running to help endurance. Boxers do the same thing when training here. Cardio by definition means extended periods of excercise which is much more effective for endurance then short burst excercises which are intended for strength.

I think you mean 'Aerobic'. 'Cardio' would be defined as a training session that elevates the heart rate with the goal of improving energy output from the body. No work/rest timing ratio or intensity has to be defined.

'Cardio' is an extremely vague term.

Aerobic conditioning: an athlete's ability to sustain an activity of light intensity for a prolonged amount of time. The Aerobic energy system can utilises fat and carbohydrates to produce energy and can work as long as these fuels are available.

Anaerobic conditioning: An athlete's ability to sustain an activity of very high intensity for a short period of time. The body has two Anaerobic energy systems - lactic acid (moderate high intensity, moderate duration 1-120 seconds) ATP-CP (very high intensity, short duration 1-30 seconds)

None of these 3 systems are used individually, but the activity will dictate which one is more predominantly used. An Athletes fitness will determine the intensity that they can output and for the time before that intensity drops (known as a 'threshold', the energy system has basically ran out of energy and needs to replenish itself) as well as how long it will be before the energy system has replenished it's fuel.

If long distance running etc only trains your aerobic energy system/threshold, whilst repeated intervals of short intense activity (think sprinting, bag work, sledgehammer/log chopping etc) train to all three energy system's thresholds... considering the nature of boxing (explosive, repeated bouts of action interspersed with short rest periods) -

Which type of training would you think beneficial?

...and no, sprinting is not 'strength training' stronger legs might improve sprinting speed but that doesn't mean that sprinting is strength training.

Strength is just a component used during that activity... sprinting develops the nervous system, running technique, anaerobic fitness and a small bit of muscular power. To improve muscle Strength/Power you need to overload the muscles and you're not going to do that just by trying to run faster.

Endurance athletes do endurance training... for a specific event. long distance runs will increase an athletes aerobic fitness and muscular endurance. But that is not the same as stamina/conditioning.

Hitmanhammer, you mentioned Usan Bolt being a marathon champion... I'll put it this way... if I had to put money on either Bolt or Haile Gebrselassie (Marathon world record holder) doing well as a boxer - it would go on bolt!

Hope this helps the miss informed bickering.

To give my own personal take - Haye's looked to have bad stamina at a lighter weight abd when he was less experienced. He's clearly a fast twitch/Anaerobic type of guy (genetically we all have strengths and weaknesses... we can only build from them) but being more experinced and not weight drained can't have hurt his stamina.
    Last edited by AdamGB; 06-28-2011 at 09:21 PM.

Thread Information