Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Haye has shocking stamina

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    You guys are really cute, you're trying to paint this nice little "No Way We Can Lose" picture on one hand its "If Wlad wins then he was supposed to. He's bigger on his home turf, and vastly more experienced" and on the other hand its "The WBA title holder is Wlad's most dangerous threat EVER" ....nice scenario guys, good luck with it.

I'm being realistic, sure I've been a fan of Wlad since whenever, but the FACTS are that the WBA title holder has done fuck all in the heavyweight division to earn this shot except talk for over 2 fucking years....I personally think he's skilled, but how can you accurately judge when he has been fighting stiffs (yeah HE'S the one fighting the stiffs! Not Wlad). I worry that this is an Audley Harrison style hype job and well....I just hope the guy shows up to fight instead of looking to cash in that big retirement check and that my friends is a legitimate worry that I have as a fan of BOXING.

Who said 'no way he can lose'? I can think of two good reasons... both of them belonging to a 245lb, 6 foot 7 boxer!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

okay I'm on my phone so can't but can anyone who reads Adam's post about conditioning cool click the shit out of his post.

It's not hard to do and takes only a second. Thank you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I remember haye being criticised years ago (around the time of the Thompson loss) for his training methods. He was training in swanky gyms lifting loads of weights. I think it showed he was neglecting the boxing training but he does look to have improved. I dont think his stamina is amazing by any means but its a vast improvement on what it was.

Lets not forget, Klitschko does 12 rounds and makes it look easy but it's not the same when his fights are usually 1 way traffic after a few rounds. See if he starts running out of gas a bit quicker than usual and start to lose his composure.

Who here has boxed? Surely you have had sparring sessions where you are on top for the majority and you must know it's a lot easier than where you actually have someone battling back at you

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hornfinger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hitmanhatton View Post
    Haye doesnt even train for endurance no long runs, he trains more like a sprinter if anything, short sharp explosive work
    Which is a proven method of improving cardio vascular endurence.

Doing 45 minutes of sprinting is better for your endurence than a 45 minute 5 mile job at moderate pace. FACT!
    who does 45 minutes of sprinting though ?

lets chuck usain bolt in for the 1500m .... actually why not the marathon then if sprinting is so good for your endurance

I'm willing to bet athletes like david haye do.

Shall I educate you a bit?

I'm starting to train for the great north run (UK half marathon) Whilst I will train for the event with long runs a massive part of my training will be sprint training as it strengthens the heart and lungs so well. I do this because it's how I've trained for past long distance runs. I was told to train this way by at least two runners who compete at club level.

What Usain Bolt and the 1500 mters has to do with this I'm not sure. I think it's as daft a comment as saying all boxers would clean up in MMA. Usain has been asked in the passed why he wouldn't do a longer distance and his reply was 'it's too painful because of the lactic acid build up.'

I have no doubt in my mind that bolt can run 1500m but I doubt he can do it faster than the competition in that event. The question here is stamina not speed.

Broken down into simple terms for you.

Bolt runs the 100m so he trains for the 100m

A 1500 meter athlete runs 1500m so trains for 1500m (which I have no doubt does include plenty of sprint training)

David Haye is a boxer so trains for boxing, which is bursts of energy for 3minutes with 12 1 minute breaks, which adds up to 48 minutes. So I'm not surprised his running drills would reflect it.

Are you really dumb enough to think you know more about how to train for a fight then a world heavyweight champion, who has one of the best physiques in world boxing and his team?
    and why are training for the 100m and 1500m so different if everything can be solved with sprinting

i guess all those guys with much better stamina than haye are idiots too doing all that running when some simple sprints would have sorted them out

Haye's stamina was shit and now it's actually pretty fucking good since he started doing the sprinting.

You're a prat mate, and you don't understand training so I can't be arsed to talk to you anymore. I've given you the info and the reasoning if you're too dumb to understand so be it.

yeah its got so good he can throw 13 punches a round against valuev

you havent really given info really youve just peddled out some 2nd hand s**t that youve been told yourself and then assumed Haye knows it all because of his physique .... come to think of it didnt Bruno have poor stamina too ... and his physique was better than Hayes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The 13 punches a round against Valuev is still shocking to me. Old man, Holyfield, was more active, in boxing Valuev. Of course, Holyfield was boxing and moving, but not scared shitless of getting hit by the lumbering giant. Haye was for a high percentage of the fight.

Haye doesn't have great stamina. But guess what? Wlad's stamina is not his strength either. He has improved with the style he has used for the past half decade (jab, right hand, hold in close), as it keeps him from getting hit (and he relaxes a bit more).

Neither man has a great chin.

I think Wlad's length and jab is going to be the key. If he lands it (which I think he will), then Haye is going to struggle mightily. He doesn't have the chin to take that jab (and the follow-up right hand after Wlad gets comfortable).

El Kabong Guest

I'll just go ahead and throw this out before anyone else does....

"Awwwww but he broke his hand"

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Bruno was a monster though, so much muscle to lug around.

There is no way he expects this fight to be easy, he is a pretty smart guy and is obsessed with boxing, watches it loads and loves for it. Because of that he will be making sure he is in the best condition possible, even if his stamina was bad before, this should be the best he's ever been.

Watching Groves get such a massive win and I bet Groves was an animal in the gym, that will have set a standard for him and Booth and he'll know how hard he has to train. I think he will be at his absolute peak going into this fight.

Both fighters will really want it, Wlad has probably not looked this good for years. Wait to you see him at the weigh in, I bet he'll look conditioned as fuck. Both generally healthy athletes at all times now anyway, so I don't think fitness will be a factor at all. Or stamina, or cardio or any of the other forms of exercise I never knew existed!

The main questions will be answered within the first minute, has Haye froze, can he take a right hand?

If he comes out up for it and takes a few rights to face ok, it could get interesting.

You can't knock Haye for how he builds a fight. The whole curiosity about his tactic. To be fair Wlad has played a healthy part in his half of the promotion too. But it's been a decent build up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 0james0 View Post

There is no way he expects this fight to be easy, he is a pretty smart guy and is obsessed with boxing, watches it loads and loves for it. Because of that he will be making sure he is in the best condition possible, even if his stamina was bad before, this should be the best he's ever been.

Watching Groves get such a massive win and I bet Groves was an animal in the gym, that will have set a standard for him and Booth and he'll know how hard he has to train. I think he will be at his absolute peak going into this fight.

Both fighters will really want it, Wlad has probably not looked this good for years. Wait to you see him at the weigh in, I bet he'll look conditioned as fuck. Both generally healthy athletes at all times now anyway, so I don't think fitness will be a factor at all. Or stamina, or cardio or any of the other forms of exercise I never knew existed!

The main questions will be answered within the first minute, has Haye froze, can he take a right hand?

If he comes out up for it and takes a few rights to face ok, it could get interesting.

You can't knock Haye for how he builds a fight. The whole curiosity about his tactic. To be fair Wlad has played a healthy part in his half of the promotion too. But it's been a decent build up.

yeah thats my point mate, saying someone knows the best way to improve stamina based on their physique is missing the point

there is a reason athletes get smaller as the distances/duration go up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye doesnt even train for endurance no long runs, he trains more like a sprinter if anything, short sharp explosive work
    Which is a proven method of improving cardio vascular endurence.

Doing 45 minutes of sprinting is better for your endurence than a 45 minute 5 mile job at moderate pace. FACT!
    who does 45 minutes of sprinting though ?

lets chuck usain bolt in for the 1500m .... actually why not the marathon then if sprinting is so good for your endurance

I'm willing to bet athletes like david haye do.

Shall I educate you a bit?

I'm starting to train for the great north run (UK half marathon) Whilst I will train for the event with long runs a massive part of my training will be sprint training as it strengthens the heart and lungs so well. I do this because it's how I've trained for past long distance runs. I was told to train this way by at least two runners who compete at club level.

What Usain Bolt and the 1500 mters has to do with this I'm not sure. I think it's as daft a comment as saying all boxers would clean up in MMA. Usain has been asked in the passed why he wouldn't do a longer distance and his reply was 'it's too painful because of the lactic acid build up.'

I have no doubt in my mind that bolt can run 1500m but I doubt he can do it faster than the competition in that event. The question here is stamina not speed.

Broken down into simple terms for you.

Bolt runs the 100m so he trains for the 100m

A 1500 meter athlete runs 1500m so trains for 1500m (which I have no doubt does include plenty of sprint training)

David Haye is a boxer so trains for boxing, which is bursts of energy for 3minutes with 12 1 minute breaks, which adds up to 48 minutes. So I'm not surprised his running drills would reflect it.

Are you really dumb enough to think you know more about how to train for a fight then a world heavyweight champion, who has one of the best physiques in world boxing and his team?
    and why are training for the 100m and 1500m so different if everything can be solved with sprinting

i guess all those guys with much better stamina than haye are idiots too doing all that running when some simple sprints would have sorted them out

Haye's stamina was shit and now it's actually pretty fucking good since he started doing the sprinting.

You're a prat mate, and you don't understand training so I can't be arsed to talk to you anymore. I've given you the info and the reasoning if you're too dumb to understand so be it.

yeah its got so good he can throw 13 punches a round against valuev

you havent really given info really youve just peddled out some 2nd hand s**t that youve been told yourself and then assumed Haye knows it all because of his physique .... come to think of it didnt Bruno have poor stamina too ... and his physique was better than Hayes
    Why aren't you training boxers.

It's obvious you know more than the proffesionals that have won titles for a living.

You joke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quite possibly the stupidest, most uneducated thing I've ever read.

Someone mentioned Usain Bolt earlier, the fastest man on the planet. You do know he weighs close to 17 stone.

Please people if you've never competed or trained for anything in your life, please don't make daft assumptions about training techniques or how the body works.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quite possibly the stupidest, most uneducated thing I've ever read.

Someone mentioned Usain Bolt earlier, the fastest man on the planet. You do know he weighs close to 17 stone.

Please people if you've never competed or trained for anything in your life, please don't make daft assumptions about training techniques or how the body works.
    If that is possibly the spupidest, most uneducated thing you have EVER read, you clearly have not been reading many posts on this very forum. Or even reading at all. Does your reading experience consist of Mr Men books? Fuck me, there are far stupider things to read than that where ever you look!

I didn't know Bolt weighed 17 stone, but when have I ever pretended to be an expert on fitness? I train, I play sports and I've just started boxing properly, but I am no expert on the science of it all. But I have always assumed that muscle weighs more than most things you can add or take away to your body and if you have too much of it, it makes you less mobile and heavier. I also thought that muscles require lots of energy from your body to make work, something to do with the acid and/or oxygen required to make it work. A beast like Bruno, his body has to work far harder to make those muscles actually work and move, which would lead you to think he has more chance of tiring quicker compared to if he didn't have muscles on top of his muscles.

I didn't write FACT at the end of my post, so I never intended you to pass any exams from reading it, was just an opinion. But I'm sure that opinion was gathered from reading posts on here from people far more educated than you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No you just wrote non sensical bullshit about a subject you had no clue on. Please refrain from doing it again.

i suppose in your world the best athlete would be one with no muscle at all right? That athlete would be supper fast having no muscle to lug around....

a pound of muslce and a pound of fat both weigh a pound. So no muscle doesn't weigh more than fat. It is however more dense so takes up less space. But here's the thing a pound of fat doesn't do anything. It just sits there waiting to be used as energy. Muscle however.... and get this, it'll really shock you......makes the body move.
    Last edited by Hornfinger; 06-29-2011 at 04:44 PM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Usain Bolt weighs 17 stone? Seriously? Wow!!!

Haye-vs-Bolt is a mismatch on paper. Height, weight, reach (i guess), speed, explosivness? That sprinter is in the wrong sport.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

Haye-vs-Bolt is a mismatch on paper. Height, weight, reach (i guess), speed, explosivness? That sprinter is in the wrong sport.
    He's 6'5" and regularly weighs in at less than 15 stone.
    For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by killersheep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

He's 6'5" and regularly weighs in at less than 15 stone.
    usain obviously decided to lie during his interview on top gear. Yes slight exaggeration he does state he weighs 15 stone or 210 pounds (maybe more in his off season though). Still by a long way the heaviest 100 meters runner. He weighs the same as david haye and is only 2 inches taller.
    Last edited by Hornfinger; 06-29-2011 at 05:01 PM.

Thread Information