Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Haye has shocking stamina

and give bolt a workload over about 45-60 secs and he will be blowing out of his arse when all those fast twitch muscles are useless to him

then look at someone like calzaghe ... id say distinctly average physique for a professional athlete and yet stamina that seemed to be never ending

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    You guys are really cute, you're trying to paint this nice little "No Way We Can Lose" picture on one hand its "If Wlad wins then he was supposed to. He's bigger on his home turf, and vastly more experienced" and on the other hand its "The WBA title holder is Wlad's most dangerous threat EVER" ....nice scenario guys, good luck with it.

I'm being realistic, sure I've been a fan of Wlad since whenever, but the FACTS are that the WBA title holder has done fuck all in the heavyweight division to earn this shot except talk for over 2 fucking years....I personally think he's skilled, but how can you accurately judge when he has been fighting stiffs (yeah HE'S the one fighting the stiffs! Not Wlad). I worry that this is an Audley Harrison style hype job and well....I just hope the guy shows up to fight instead of looking to cash in that big retirement check and that my friends is a legitimate worry that I have as a fan of BOXING.

Who said 'no way he can lose'? I can think of two good reasons... both of them belonging to a 245lb, 6 foot 7 boxer!
    I have to agree with both of the comments above. This fight is a hype job. Haye wants a payday and he's getting it. Wlad will tear him apart. This is no contest, no brainer.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanhatton View Post
    and give bolt a workload over about 45-60 secs and he will be blowing out of his arse when all those fast twitch muscles are useless to him

then look at someone like calzaghe ... id say distinctly average physique for a professional athlete and yet stamina that seemed to be never ending

Who's talking about looks?

What exactly do you mean by workload? Are we saying that he can't handle a light workload for a few minutes?

He's going to be able to function at a higher intensity and stay there for longer than an endurance athlete who is only really trained aerobically.

If you've only got one gear then you're not going to cope with the pace.

Of course a bigger guy fatigues quicker than a smaller one. That's one of the reasons we have weight classes.

I'd love to know when fast twitch fibres became useless. Roy Jones Jr was a ball of them - and he did OK.

Even Calzaghe, he didn't put as much weight in his shots due to bad hands... but you don't get speed like that and you can't sustain long combos like Joe did without having a tonne of fast twitch fibres and anaerobic fitness... again, we're not talking about looks here... not when talking about Calzaghe and not when talking about Haye.

I've seen how Enzo trains his fighters, sure he gets them doing a lot of light sustained work, but they also do plenty of sprint type training.

work recover, work recover

up the intensity, the duration of work, reduce the recovery time and increase the volume of intervals as you get fitter.

Training should mimic the tempo of a fight and boxing isn't 45 minutes of twinkle toed dancing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What exactly do you mean by workload? Are we saying that he can't handle a light workload for a few minutes?

He's going to be able to function at a higher intensity and stay there for longer than an endurance athlete who is only really trained aerobically.

Of course a bigger guy fatigues quicker than a smaller one. That's one of the reasons we have weight classes.

I'd love to know when fast twitch fibres became useless. Roy Jones Jr was a ball of them - and he did OK.

Even Calzaghe, he didn't put as much weight in his shots due to bad hands... but you don't get speed like that and you can't sustain long combos like Joe did without having a tonne of fast twitch fibres and anaerobic fitness... again, we're not talking about looks here... not when talking about Calzaghe and not when talking about Haye.

I've seen how Enzo trains his fighters, sure he gets them doing a lot of light sustained work, but they also do plenty of sprint type training.

up the intensity, the duration of work, reduce the recovery time and increase the volume of intervals as you get fitter.

Training should mimic the tempo of a fight and boxing isn't 45 minutes of twinkle toed dancing.

basically hornfinger seems to think because Haye has one of the best physiques he therefore has the best training methods ... i was simply pointing out this was not the case

and i know that boxing isnt low intensity from my own experience, but its not purely anaerobic either .. which was my point with haye not really training in a way to help his endurance ... sure his fast and powerful ... but then only dishes out 13 shots a round so the balance obviously isnt right there

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hornfinger View Post
    No you just wrote non sensical bullshit about a subject you had no clue on. Please refrain from doing it again.

i suppose in your world the best athlete would be one with no muscle at all right? That athlete would be supper fast having no muscle to lug around....

a pound of muslce and a pound of fat both weigh a pound. So no muscle doesn't weigh more than fat. It is however more dense so takes up less space. But here's the thing a pound of fat doesn't do anything. It just sits there waiting to be used as energy. Muscle however.... and get this, it'll really shock you......makes the body move.
    Yes boss, I will refrain from posting an opinion on a public forum. Or I will at least ask your permission before I do.

All I was saying was that someone with excess muscle would tire before someone who was toned, but still athletic. I never said muscle was bad, just an excess of it I had always believed could count against you from a fitness perspective, particualrly in boxing. I'm sure Adam or another expert will clear it up when they see the thread. I've got no problem with being wrong, especially on a subect I'm not an expert on. If you are wrong though, what a tit you will look as a self proclaimed expert.

Anyway, I'm sure tomorrow you'll be picking fights with someone else, as per usual, so I'll just let this one blow over.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

basically hornfinger seems to think because Haye has one of the best physiques he therefore has the best training methods ... i was simply pointing out this was not the case

and i know that boxing isnt low intensity from my own experience, but its not purely anaerobic either .. which was my point with haye not really training in a way to help his endurance ... sure his fast and powerful ... but then only dishes out 13 shots a round so the balance obviously isnt right there
    The only sport that is purely anaerobic would be things like shotput, sprinting etc, same as the only sport that is purely aerobic would be an endurance event. Most sports are a mixture and I'd probably say that boxing is about 2/3 anaerobic.

I agree with you about looks, but must have missed the point when people were saying that Haye looks fit so is fit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Basicall that's not what I said at all.

Thread Information