www.twitter.com/BoxingBantz

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather vs Ortiz HBO Face Off preview

Floyd is usually the gay, but Ortiz was there. "Not this one".....right so Floyd would be stopped by Maidana too right. Hahaha, Floyd is going to stomp all over him. You can't beat Floyd without a jab.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I reckon this fight will be a PPV, so if I do watch it, it will be on a stream. I like Surfer Vic's attitude, this could be an interesting fight because of Duckweather's inactivity and distractions outside the ring, it might be more competitive then most fans think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ortiz is gonna get beat up bad imo.

He's talking a good game but reality will set in on fight night when he can't get away from Floyd's right hands, left hooks, etc all the while he can't land anything of his own.

There's no way Floyd would of taken this fight if he thought that Ortiz had even a decent chance of beating him also.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pugilistic View Post

He's talking a good game but reality will set in on fight night when he can't get away from Floyd's right hands, left hooks, etc all the while he can't land anything of his own.

There's no way Floyd would of taken this fight if he thought that Ortiz had even a decent chance of beating him also
    Do you realise that this will be Duckweather's first fight in 16 months, and will only be his 3rd fight since the Hatton fight in 2007, close to 4 years ago?
    I could be totally wrong, but I think this fight will be competitive, Floyd is good at the shit that he does, but he ain't fucking superman, there's no substitute for getting in the ring and fighting regularly.
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 07-19-2011 at 05:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    I reckon this fight will be a PPV, so if I do watch it, it will be on a stream. I like Surfer Vic's attitude, this could be an interesting fight because of Duckweather's inactivity and distractions outside the ring, it might be more competitive then most fans think.
    You think?...
    Hidden Content

www.twitter.com/BoxingBantz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There's no way Floyd would of taken this fight if he thought that Ortiz had even a decent chance of beating him also
    Do you realise that this will be Duckweather's first fight in 16 months, and will only be his 3rd fight since the Hatton fight in 2007, close to 4 years ago?
    I could be totally wrong, but I think this fight will be competitive, Floyd is good at the shit that he does, but he ain't fucking superman, there's no substitute for getting in the ring and fighting regularly.
    It doesn't matter.

Mayweather had long layoffs between his Hatton and Marquez fight. He still looked great. His layoff between Marquez and Mosley was quite long also and he still looked great. The guy trains all year round, he's always in good shape. I'm not saying he can do it forever but he's still clearly in good shape physically and mentally.

You don't have to be superman to beat Ortiz...........Maidana done it and Floyd is twice the fighter Maidana is.

Ortiz does nothing in the ring that to me proves he can beat Floyd.

He doesn't have a good jab and his footwork is average plus he is hittable. He only has alot of success when is opponent lies on the ropes. Ortiz only beat Berto because Berto constantly lay on the ropes and allowed Ortiz to throw his short shots.

Mayweather won't give him that, he will keep it in the middle of the ring using lateral movement and pick him apart with his jabs and lead right hands.

I see Ortiz losing clearly, he will be lucky to win a round imo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh snap, Money's back. Guessing PBF realized he not being recorded as p4p #1 at BoxRec anymore,LOL.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by boxingbantz View Post
    You think?...
    Yes I do, Vic has been really active, Duckweather hasn't, and it may just catch up to him in this fight, and Ortiz won't be coming to play grabass like Mosley did. Unless Floyd takes the fight over early, he's going to be in for long night.
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 07-19-2011 at 06:06 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's almost refreshing to see Mayweather get some shit for a change.

Anyway, Roach speculated after the Mosley fight that Mayweather's legs might be going/ gone... I'm still here hanging on his word tbh. I'm keen to see just how aggressively Mayweather chooses to fight THIS southpaw.
    Last edited by Jimanuel Boogustus; 07-19-2011 at 06:12 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It doesn't matter.

Mayweather had long layoffs between his Hatton and Marquez fight. He still looked great. His layoff between Marquez and Mosley was quite long also and he still looked great. The guy trains all year round, he's always in good shape. I'm not saying he can do it forever but he's still clearly in good shape physically and mentally.

You don't have to be superman to beat Ortiz...........Maidana done it and Floyd is twice the fighter Maidana is.

He doesn't have a good jab and his footwork is average plus he is hittable. He only has alot of success when is opponent lies on the ropes. Ortiz only beat Berto because Berto constantly lay on the ropes and allowed Ortiz to throw his short shots.

Mayweather won't give him that, he will keep it in the middle of the ring using lateral movement and pick him apart with his jabs and lead right hands.

Normally Floyd wins easy, but like I said his inactivity may give Vic the edge he needs to make this a competitive fight, the layoffs eventually catch up to all fighters Duckweather is no exception.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Aside from the (very)small chance that Floyd is going to have grown old overnight and lost substantial form, can anyone honestly point to one thing that Ortiz brings which will make this a competitive fight? He can't move laterally whatsoever, he doesn't have a jab, it's a freaking cakewalk for Floyd and he knows this. It's not a bad fight after a long layoff, but clearly a tune up. The people predicting a tough fight for Mayweather will probably be the same ones complaining about him even taking it after he wins. I'm not saying Ortiz is crap or that he isn't dangerous to a lot of guys, but I would actually put 50 dollars on him not winning a single round clearly, he has absolutely zilch Mayweather hasn't seen a thousand times. Wheras in reverse, the craftiest fighter Ortiz has fought would be... Nate Campbell? Anyone remember seeing Floyd ringside at the Berto-Ortiz fight, after the(3rd or 4th) round where they traded knockdowns? He was clearly loving the action, but had this stupid grin on his face relishing what cannon fodder either would be to him, basically.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does anyone care about this fight?!? Just get mayweather in with pacman for fuck sake!!!!!!!'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Talking Re: Mayweather vs Ortiz HBO Face Off preview

It doesn't matter.

Normally Floyd wins easy, but like I said his inactivity may give Vic the edge he needs to make this a competitive fight, the layoffs eventually catch up to all fighters Duckweather is no exception.
    I said that inactivity might catch up to him but i don't think so right now.

He still looks to be in good shape both mentally and physically.

If all Ortiz has going for him is the fact he has been more active in recent years then he is in for a long night lol.

Ortiz can't make the fight competitive because he has a poor jab, average footwork and is hittable. He only has success when his opponents are laying on the ropes. Floyd won't be on the ropes to hit, i guarantee it.
    Last edited by Pugilistic; 07-20-2011 at 01:00 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Taffturner View Post
    Does anyone care about this fight?!? Just get mayweather in with pacman for fuck sake!!!!!!!'
    Some of quit believing that, that fight will ever happen, and to be honest I couldn't care less if it ever does.

Thread Information