Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Amir Khan vs. Zab Judah fight thread - for July 23rd

The thing that I like about this fight is that both guys are susceptible to duress and repeatedly go to the well... or at least get their wells tapped so I think this fight will be at it's most dramatic through the later rounds because in this fight, once those initial energy levels start to wear down and for whatever reason the anxiety creeps in, as it can do for both fighters, one or both guy's have to make a relatively quick decision to commit to something new, or hope that they have seen something that they can use further down the road because surly both guys already know that if they don't, they will be unable to last the course.

Although visually, I'm not exactly enamoured by Judah's new ethos of seemingly starting as he mean's to go on, it kinda signifies that maybe tactically, he has turned a corner. This gives me reason to say that he is the more mature and experienced fighter without sounding too generic, simply because he has NEVER been mature!

Khan is much younger and maybe tempted to wager his youth against Judah's new found patience and so I have a feeling this will be part of his undoing. Because I think it will be Judah who will be the one having a look, taking it all in and keeping the answers in mind.

I'm going with Judah on this one... With Khan out on his feet.
    Last edited by Jimanuel Boogustus; 07-23-2011 at 01:51 AM. Reason: FLYING FIST OF JUDAH!!!
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    I want Judah to win for the same reasons you all do but reading that and thinking on it more, it would probably be better for the sport with newer money if Kahn wins, so if its close expect him to.
    Yeah, but you know what happens when Zab loses a close fight, he pitches a shit fit, if Khan wins, I hope it's by KO/TKO. As for newer money, upsets are good for boxing, if Zab wins, it would set up a rematch, which can't be all bad.
    Yeah It will generate more but I dont know for how long though, If Kahn wins well his fan base builds in two or more countries just on their home pride; if Kahn losses I dont think those fans will build in numbers or hang around for long.Only real boxing fans stay for the long run.
    For whatever reason, Khan seems to have as many "haters" as he does fans, you even see that among Brits, and on this forum. You're probably right however, he does have a fairly substantial fan base, but a loss to Zab would put a big dent in it.

One thing that gets me about Khan, his goal is to eventually get a fight with Mayweather, and even if he 'did' manage to get that far, Mayweather would absolutely demolish his sorry ass.
    I don't know about that. By the time Khan is ready to fight Mayweather, Floyd will be on the wrong side of 35 - his skills have to start diminishing at some point and I could see Khan's speed giving an old Mayweather all kinds of trouble.

That being said, I'd pick even a 60% Mayweather to beat Khan unless Khan shows some incredibly development over the next two years.
    I'm just not sold on Khan, and I don't believe he's even the 2nd or maybe even the 3rd best Jr. Welterweight, much less going up and fighting a guy like Mayweather at WW.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    I want Judah to win for the same reasons you all do but reading that and thinking on it more, it would probably be better for the sport with newer money if Kahn wins, so if its close expect him to.
    Yeah, but you know what happens when Zab loses a close fight, he pitches a shit fit, if Khan wins, I hope it's by KO/TKO. As for newer money, upsets are good for boxing, if Zab wins, it would set up a rematch, which can't be all bad.
    Yeah It will generate more but I dont know for how long though, If Kahn wins well his fan base builds in two or more countries just on their home pride; if Kahn losses I dont think those fans will build in numbers or hang around for long.Only real boxing fans stay for the long run.
    For whatever reason, Khan seems to have as many "haters" as he does fans, you even see that among Brits, and on this forum. You're probably right however, he does have a fairly substantial fan base, but a loss to Zab would put a big dent in it.

One thing that gets me about Khan, his goal is to eventually get a fight with Mayweather, and even if he 'did' manage to get that far, Mayweather would absolutely demolish his sorry ass.
    I don't know about that. By the time Khan is ready to fight Mayweather, Floyd will be on the wrong side of 35 - his skills have to start diminishing at some point and I could see Khan's speed giving an old Mayweather all kinds of trouble.

That being said, I'd pick even a 60% Mayweather to beat Khan unless Khan shows some incredibly development over the next two years.
    I'm just not sold on Khan, and I don't believe he's even the 2nd or maybe even the 3rd best Jr. Welterweight, much less going up and fighting a guy like Mayweather at WW.
    The only people I see having a shot at beating Khan at LWW are Alexander and Matthsse. I think Alexander would be able to match his speed and boxing ability, and Matthsse, while somewhat plodding, seems to have the type of timing and power it would take to hurt Khan.

I'm not sold on Khan moving up to 147 and challenging the elite of that division either, I was just saying that by the time he would be matched up against Mayweather, PBF would be a lot older than he is now.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Imagine if this went like Kostya Judah but in reverse and Kahn does the wobbly chicken and is hugged by the ref .
    Missy would be ecstatic.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Imagine if this went like Kostya Judah but in reverse and Kahn does the wobbly chicken and is hugged by the ref .
    Missy would be ecstatic.
    Yes she would be, because according to her: "Khan is cunt".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't believe Primetime can justify charging £15 for this. The undercard is horrendous. No wonder Sky have fucked off Amir Khan thinking he doesn't need an undercard to sell fights. Best thing they ever done was getting rid of him to make room for the Britain's P4P king, Carl Froch.
    Hidden Content

www.twitter.com/BoxingBantz

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For every story told that divides us, I believe there are a thousand untold that unite us.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Has anyone in England tried to book this through their remote? If so have they had any problems?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    Has anyone in England tried to book this through their remote? If so have they had any problems?
    Try doing it on primetime website if u are having problems.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alright folks, get your favorite beverage iced up, I believe i'll have me a couple of guinness stout extras for this one.

At Las Vegas (HBO): Amir Khan vs. Zab Judah, 12 rounds, WBA/IBF junior welterweight unification.

The action starts on HBO in about 2 1/2 hours, or @ 10:00 PM EST here in North America, so perhaps 3:00 AM in the UK?

This is Zab's last gasp at the bigtime, and Khan will be trying to make a statement, it could be a damn good fight!
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 07-24-2011 at 12:27 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan by blowout. You heard it here folks. It's Zab we're talking about here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not sure which was dumber kirland buying a gun from anyone other than one of his homies or ever even considering he didn't new Ann Wolfe . Don't see khan having too many probs tonight . He'll probably losse the first three then stop Judah late

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Gary Russell Jr has rapid hands. Lovely body work. very composed. maybe lacking power?

ICB Guest

Anyone got a link ?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wooo-HOOO!

NO tape delay here on Maui!

Watch the fight and then go to the beach for sunset! Not too shabby!
    Hidden Content Bring me the best and I will knock them out-Alexis Arguello
    I'm not God, but I am something similar-Robert Duran

Thread Information