Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Mayweather/Ortiz Face off. Full video

Ortiz seems out of his depth and Mayweather knows it. Completely comfortable and completely in control. Much like how the fight will turn out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather/Ortiz Face off. Full video

Good vid.

Wouldn't say Ortiz looks out of his depth but there is some naivety there and you can tell this sort of thing is new to him. Mayweather acts like a celebrity nowadays, Ortiz still has that aura of a real fighter about him. Whatever happened against Maidana i will overlook. Everybody is different and who knows if he had any problems unknown to the rest of us.

Not sure what i expect to happen but Ortiz is young, hungry, fresh and the naturally bigger guy with a lot going for him. Cant see Ortiz winning a 'boxing' match but i think he'd win a 'fight'. Mayweather could bite off more than he can chew 1 day and Ortiz is the type of fighter to take advantage.

Looking forward to this 1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes Floyd seems so comfortable he even respect the Ortiz wins especially with Berto, Floyds seems likable to me nowadays, and always been when he enters the ring.

Im goin to see Ortiz hows gonna play on the first half rounds young, hungry, a huge champion against the undefeated for decade plus, in all it will be a great fight night.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I feel like it was more of an Ortiz/Kellerman face off. Credit to Max. I would've been like, "This is between you and Floyd not me"

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was fun. Mayweather looks older, but also a little wiser. I think he knows his legs aren't the same and so he will box accordingly. Using the Mosley blueprint he should beat Ortiz easily enough. Walk his man down and use the defence well to wear his opponent down.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not quite as good as Haye/Wlad or Floyd/Mosley, but still pretty decent all the same. Floyd seems to realize he's got a different role to play this time & is letting Ortiz be the brash young guy.

However, I got to say that once that got going Mayweather completely took control & I don't think Ortiz even realized. Vic seemed too busy trying to point out how he's gonna prove a point to Kellerman & really just seemed to amuse Mayweather. I think what summed it up was when Ortiz was trying to say it will be like Chavez v Roger Mayweather, & Floyd even got there before him.

Still, this is a great fight & what we should be getting for 'superfights' in terms of quality.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    That was fun. Mayweather looks older, but also a little wiser. I think he knows his legs aren't the same and so he will box accordingly. Using the Mosley blueprint he should beat Ortiz easily enough. Walk his man down and use the defence well to wear his opponent down.
    His legs arent the same!? Whats makes anyone think his legs are gone..because freddie says so?!
    He takes mosely best shot and doesnt drop but his legs arent the same!?
    Floyd is in his prime and getting better...dont watch the age watch the skillset..go ask bernard hopkins

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cannot wait for this fight, I may even order it on primetime.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ortiz is so green it's not even true. With his chin I could see this being a TKO in the latter stages of the fight if Floyd decides to be aggressive. Will be full of action while it lasts, though, and another opportunity for Floyd to demonstrate his superiority over yet another of his peers. I just hope they still make that fight, PBF has always been a little troubled by quality pressure fighters, and in particular south-paws, so Pac is the only legitimate test that is left for him imo. Don't think Ortiz has the know-how to put a real squeeze on him, though, and as I said, I can see a TKO, may even put money on it. Can't wait for 24/7 and the fight itself now.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    His legs arent the same!? Whats makes anyone think his legs are gone..because freddie says so?!
    He takes mosely best shot and doesnt drop but his legs arent the same!?
    Floyd is in his prime and getting better...dont watch the age watch the skillset..go ask bernard hopkins
    I took it to mean general movment and footwork flow to take him from the outside to the inside and visa versa with the freedom he used to have. Not so much the leg support or freedom to move after taking a shot.

Im with you, but I recon Floyd isnt quite as mobile as he was; being able to utilize the outside game and the inside game. But now he can easily adjust, stand in front of Victor (if need be) and slip and will use his feet and ankles to shift his center line around on the inside between squared up and single stance when on the retreat still scoring on the way out, also used in reverse too, cause he can , aside from his shoulder rolling to stay in the zone better and his disruption of Vics arms on the inside before he can even get them off.

I recon Ortiz gets schooled at every distance.

He also said "It'll be a war" Thats his first mistake, right there.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Actually was a pretty good face off. I can't count how many times Ortiz said "I really don't care" but it was good, ending was pretty nice too. Mayweather isn't bad mouthing on the level that we're used to but he seems that he is all business nowadays and knows what he can do and comes to the ring to fight, Ortiz actually has a very likeable character and everything seemed to flow. But what also hits home is that these are probably the last few years we will see Mayweather, he has the determination and work ethic, but you kind of get the feeling that all of this is getting boring to him and when he says he wants to spend more time with his family and raise his children he may actually mean it, doesn't seem like he really gets on trash talk anymore and all of the interviews and everything is just routine and dress rehearsal.

Overall good face off.
    Life is still worth while If You Just Smile - MJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather is quite humble in this and Ortiz seems to be trying too hard. Ortiz will be outboxed soundly in this fight and wont get a chance to make it a war.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah I don't generally like listening to fighters talk but you cam sense that Ortiz is a bit unsure of what he's actually going to do in there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mayweather doesnt get involvend in 'fights' he boxes everyone, thats how he always finds away to win, i think if he'd got invovled In slugfests he wouldnt be unbeaten now as hes been in with bigger punchers with better chins, floyds a master at working people out and keeping composed, (it also helps hes a defensive master!) look what he did to hatton, letting him come forward like a bull all night untill he finally let him forward onto a big old left hook, floyds the best strategic boxer ive ever seen, he always finds a way to win!!
    Last edited by Taffturner; 07-31-2011 at 02:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pressure power .............body is there a way to beat this man? Floyd just seem unbeatable
    [SIGPIC]
    Hidden Content

Thread Information