Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Look out Klitschkos!! Robert Helenius is a serious threat....

Share/Bookmark
    LouEVIL, Kentucky "birthplace of Cassius Clay"
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Look out Klitschkos!! Robert Helenius is a serious threat....

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    I must have watched a different Helenius in action this week. The one I saw had ridiculous hair, looked really out of shape and weird looking and I literally laughed out loud when I saw him. He was fighting some guy called the White Wolf who came to ring, fat, out of shape, slumped shouldered and looked like he was suffering from depression. I had him winning a dreary fight until about round 6 when his fatness and/or depression caught up with him and he stopped showing any desire. The man with ridiculous hair then stepped it up and knocked him out.

I wasn't sure if it was a real fight or meant to be a parody?

who cares what his hair looks like. all i know is that that ending was brutal!!! and let's look at wlads last fight. it was pathetic. a disgrace to heavyweight boxing. as bad as haye was, wlad did not look much better. BORING as usual. and scared to death to take any risks. helenius dispatched peter ( who some people a bit ago was calling him a beast!), brewer ( who ko'ed wlad) , and liakhovich in impressive manner.

Damn guys, a person would think that action would call for at least a little props. all this in 16 fights!!!

the heavyweight boxers have been lame the last few years. horrible.
    if helenius loses the extra weight, and works hard, he could be the new "hope."
    retarded hair or not! anything is better than boring ass wlad jabbing all night.
    at least helenius would have the heart to make it a real fight!!!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by #1FightFan View Post
    I must have watched a different Helenius in action this week. The one I saw had ridiculous hair, looked really out of shape and weird looking and I literally laughed out loud when I saw him. He was fighting some guy called the White Wolf who came to ring, fat, out of shape, slumped shouldered and looked like he was suffering from depression. I had him winning a dreary fight until about round 6 when his fatness and/or depression caught up with him and he stopped showing any desire. The man with ridiculous hair then stepped it up and knocked him out.

I wasn't sure if it was a real fight or meant to be a parody?

who cares what his hair looks like. all i know is that that ending was brutal!!! and let's look at wlads last fight. it was pathetic. a disgrace to heavyweight boxing. as bad as haye was, wlad did not look much better. BORING as usual. and scared to death to take any risks. helenius dispatched peter ( who some people a bit ago was calling him a beast!), brewer ( who ko'ed wlad) , and liakhovich in impressive manner.

Damn guys, a person would think that action would call for at least a little props. all this in 16 fights!!!

the heavyweight boxers have been lame the last few years. horrible.
    if helenius loses the extra weight, and works hard, he could be the new "hope."
    retarded hair or not! anything is better than boring ass wlad jabbing all night.
    at least helenius would have the heart to make it a real fight!!!
    Did you really find him exciting last night though Stoppage aside that was as dull as any Wlad fight imo, and he was losing the fight up until the second half.

His record is ok for a prospect sure, but as a realistic opponent to stop the Klitschko's his performance sucked. Lyakhovich is an awful, awful fighter for a former world champ. Nikolay Valuev dominated hin, won most every round. Valuev dominates nobody, the Lyakhovich fight was the only time he looked even half decent.

I'd pick Tyson Fury to beat Lyakhovich better than Helenius did.

At best, he might be almost as good as Tony Thompson, although I'd heavily fancy Thompson to beat him right now.

He may have power, but he's nothing to get excited about.

He'll fight for the title soon enough though, after all there is nobody else out there right now :/

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Never heard of the guy before till tonight. I looked up some footage tonight and omg, this guy can scrap!!! Did you see those combos he landed on liakhovich? Some serious firepower for a 6ft 6 inch MF!!! His body shots are murder too. I think FINALLY we have a good exciting heavyweight who can challenge the Klitschkos and not be scared to death....
    Look up some his fights and you will see what I mean!
    *Adamek is good, but I don't think he is big enough to pull off the upsets

I think he would take out Wlad now, but might have trouble with Vitali.

It's possible, but right now I don't think Helenius takes out either Klitschko brother. I'd like to see him wait another year or 2, get a bit more experience, and then I believe he'll have a better shot at beating both brothers, or at least putting up one hell of a fight.

It will be interesting to see how the K-Bros do against someone who's an equal in size and power, Helenius is great news for the Heavyweight division.
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 08-29-2011 at 10:34 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Never heard of the guy before till tonight. I looked up some footage tonight and omg, this guy can scrap!!! Did you see those combos he landed on liakhovich? Some serious firepower for a 6ft 6 inch MF!!! His body shots are murder too. I think FINALLY we have a good exciting heavyweight who can challenge the Klitschkos and not be scared to death....
    Look up some his fights and you will see what I mean!
    *Adamek is good, but I don't think he is big enough to pull off the upsets

It's possible, but right now I don't think Helenius takes out either Klitschko brother. I'd like to see him wait another year or 2, get a bit more experience, and then I believe he'll have a better shot at beating both brothers, or at least putting up one hell of a fight.

It will be interesting to see how the K-Bros do against someone who's an equal in size and power, Helenius is great news for the Heavyweight division.
    Seriously, what is it about Helenius that makes anyone think he could take out Wlad, and especially, possibly right now?

He fought a fat, unambitious plodder who hadn't fought in a year and a half and who is the only top class boxer ever to get beaten down by Nikolay Valuev and he was losing the first half of the fight.

Tony Thompson, Odlanier Solis, Eddie Chambers, Thomasz Adamek and David Haye would all have beaten Lyakhovich much more one sidedly than that. Mike Perez would likely have battered him in a few rounds, I just don't see what was impressive about that performance at all apart from the finish.

I would put Helenius in a class just above Mike Mollo and MIchael Grant.

I'd have him level right now with guys like Chris Arreola, Kevin Johnson and Axander Dimitrenko, against any of those I'd have it a pickem fight.

I think he loses to both Klits, Solis, Adamek, Chambers, Povetkin and Tony Thompson.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Honestly, I haven't seen much technically to be impress by the guy. Sure, he seems to know how to throw some bombs but he doesn't have a good defense and he seems very confuse when he throws combo as how to do it effectively. I also question his stamina, afterhe threw the last shots that sent the white wolf down, he was breathing heavily. I think that all the excitation comes from the fact that he comes in to bang and that he has a massive size but all that excitation for the moment is way too premature and exaggerated. I'd give both K 6 rounds, let's say 7 to totally gun him down clueless to the canvas and I am pretty sure that a couple of other HW like Adamek or Povotkin would also to a bad number on him.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Seriously, what is it about Helenius that makes anyone think he could take out Wlad, and especially, possibly right now?

He fought a fat, unambitious plodder who hadn't fought in a year and a half and who is the only top class boxer ever to get beaten down by Nikolay Valuev and he was losing the first half of the fight.

Tony Thompson, Odlanier Solis, Eddie Chambers, Thomasz Adamek and David Haye would all have beaten Lyakhovich much more one sidedly than that. Mike Perez would likely have battered him in a few rounds, I just don't see what was impressive about that performance at all apart from the finish.

I'd have him level right now with guys like Chris Arreola, Kevin Johnson and Axander Dimitrenko, against any of those I'd have it a pickem fight.

I think he loses to both Klits, Helenius.
    I didn't say he was ready for a Klitschko Bro right now Bilbo.

Helenius needs to fight some or all of the pugs you mentioned, and defeat them before taking on Wlad or Vitali. At this point, i'd just say he has tons of potential, but he's got a lot of work yet to do.

BTW, WTF does his hair have to do with anything, that's just ridiculous.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Helenius needs to fight some or all of the pugs you mentioned, and defeat them before taking on Wlad or Vitali. At this point, i'd just say he has tons of potential, but he's got a lot of work yet to do.

ha he just looks ridiculous to me. No muscle, Hatton white, stupid slicked back hair. No real skill, just power. I see nothing to get excited about, but hey, I am still talking about him so I guess he is making noise.

You say he should fight and beat those guys first, and I agree. But the state of the division right now means he will probably get a title shot offered to him by the end of the year as they have already beaten everybody else.

For me, the most live challenge out there is a fit, knee healthy Solis. But I don't know if he has the motivation to do what it takes to get in shape. He's a class above the rest though imo.

I actually think David Price might prove to be better than Helenius in time too. At least he's British..

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ha he just looks ridiculous to me. No muscle, Hatton white, stupid slicked back hair. No real skill, just power. I see nothing to get excited about, but hey, I am still talking about him so I guess he is making noise.

You say he should fight and beat those guys first, and I agree. But the state of the division right now means he will probably get a title shot offered to him by the end of the year as they have already beaten everybody else.

For me, the most live challenge out there is a fit, knee healthy Solis. But I don't know if he has the motivation to do what it takes to get in shape. He's a class above the rest though imo.

I actually think David Price might prove to be better than Helenius in time too. At least he's British..
    Bilbo - what does it matter if his skin was Welsh White or Ghanian Black? Also, toned muscle in boxing is overrated. Also, just if you didn't know, Helenius beat David Price in the amateurs.

However, I agree with you that he is being hyped here a bit much. I agree that he would have trouble with Tony Thompson, Eddie Chambers or Cris Arreola.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought the fight was fun and the knockout brutal. Job well done IMO. Still, he is a bit too green and I don't want to see him fight for a title until he is bald or goes for the combover. Still, he is potentially very dangerous with or without a Bobby Charlton combover.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    I thought the fight was fun and the knockout brutal. Job well done IMO. Still, he is a bit too green and I don't want to see him fight for a title until he is bald or goes for the combover. Still, he is potentially very dangerous with or without a Bobby Charlton combover.
    Exactly.

He'll never be taken serious until he sorts that barnet out.

For the record, this will piss 95% of the forum off, Haye knocked him out in sparring*

*Haye used him as a sparring partner for Klitschko. I don't actually know if Haye knoced him out.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury definitely beat him up in sparring though.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Tyson Fury definitely beat him up in sparring though.
    Did he really?

El Kabong Guest

Build Helenius up fightfan, Wlad will beat him easily as per usual.

What makes Helenius such a great fighter? He beat a Sam Peter that just got the shit slapped out of him by Wlad and showed up heavy vs Helenius. He beat Brewster the very same way....right after Wlad whipped his ass. He beat Lyakhovich that was for all intensive purposes RETIRED...who's next? Rahman

But that's fine, he can feast on the hasbeens like some Nordic Gerry Cooney, but when it comes time for a title fight he'll get what all the other undefeated fighters get vs Wlad.....a 1 in the L column.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

None of these guys really have a good shot at beating either klit, they should quit chasing that dream and beat up on each other. Lot's of good fights to be made while we wait for them to retire
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Build Helenius up fightfan, Wlad will beat him easily as per usual.

What makes Helenius such a great fighter? He beat a Sam Peter that just got the shit slapped out of him by Wlad and showed up heavy vs Helenius. He beat Brewster the very same way....right after Wlad whipped his ass. He beat Lyakhovich that was for all intensive purposes RETIRED...who's next? Rahman

But that's fine, he can feast on the hasbeens like some Nordic Gerry Cooney, but when it comes time for a title fight he'll get what all the other undefeated fighters get vs Wlad.....a 1 in the L column.

I agree with all of this apart from your bastardisation of the saying 'for all intents and purposes'.

Thread Information