Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Throwback james toney vs denis lebedev november 5 !!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Throwback james toney vs denis lebedev november 5 !!!

Both parties want it. toney is calling out all russians and lebedevs camp has accepted. Who wins? Btw, the fight with ufc guy sham has been thrown in the trash for now. Sham would have got beatdown anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Throwback james toney vs denis lebedev november 5 !!!

how is Toney going to get down to cruiser Unless Lebedev is going to agree of a catch-weight like 210 or so I don't see how Toney could make weight. Even making 210 would be absolutely amazing for Buffet James Toney.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by captainanddew View Post
    how is Toney going to get down to cruiser Unless Lebedev is going to agree of a catch-weight like 210 or so I don't see how Toney could make weight. Even making 210 would be absolutely amazing for Buffet James Toney.
    That's what i'm thinking, maybe Toney expects Lebedev to fight him at HW, at this point I believe Toney is just fucking crazy.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I guess you didnt know but toney has been down to 213 for over a month now. If hes not drained like hoya was against pac, I can see him winning. Lebedev isnt very good. Roy fought him well up until the ko so imagine what toney would do.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    I guess you didnt know but toney has been down to 213 for over a month now. If hes not drained like hoya was against pac, I can see him winning. Lebedev isnt very good. Roy fought him well up until the ko so imagine what toney would do.
    Toney is 43 now, I don't care what his weight is, I don't see him defeating Lebedev, nor do I have any interest in seeing that fight.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Both parties want it. toney is calling out all russians and lebedevs camp has accepted. Who wins? Btw, the fight with ufc guy sham has been thrown in the trash for now. Sham would have got beatdown anyways.
    you're delusional dude, Shamrock would have gotten another submission win, he's shot in MMA but lets not forget Toney is no MMA fighter, he would get taken down just like he did against Couture and then choked out

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good fight and one I can see Toney winning. His weight is already down, now stick him in a camp with a focus on skills and what he needs to do to win and he has a very fair shot of busting up someone as crude as Lebedev. Bring it on I say.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had roy up on the cards against lebedev as well as one of the judges but it was his poor punch resistance that failed him ultimately. Well toney dont have that problem . He can always take a good punch but he wont have to once his shoulders get goin.lebedev is a bigger david diaz, only slower.old mongoose james toney isnt losing to no david diaz.lol
    Last edited by FinitoElDinamita; 09-06-2011 at 05:55 AM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lebedev isnt even 6 foot so Toney wont be dwarfed and is now used to holding his own with much stronger men and yeah iv been reading about his weight for about 3 weeks. He will make 200 easy.

His balance will be better and his speed plus I dont think Lebedev is anything special either. Certainly not as good as Jirov was. The only thing against Toney is his age.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IF Toney gets down to 200, he will win this fight easily. I think he can get down there easily enough too. It's not as though it is muscle he is trying to shift. Look how much FAT Hatton had to shift for his fights and he was a much smaller man too. I personally think that 200lbs is perfect for Toney right now, and providing he trains right I can see him beating everyone down there and that includes Huck.

He may be old but I think he has far too much in ring smarts and chin for anyone down in the very shallow CW division, and I fully expect a 200lbs Toney to beat Lebedev up.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    you're delusional dude, Shamrock would have gotten another submission win, he's shot in MMA but lets not forget Toney is no MMA fighter, he would get taken down just like he did against Couture and then choked out
    Don't forget Shamrock would only have 30 seconds to get Toney out otherwise it would be brought back to a standup fight. It took Couture a lot longer than that to get Toney out and he had a lot more left in the locker than Shamrock has. Add to that the fact that Shamrock isn't as clever as Couture and probably would have tried exchanging one or two strikes with Toney and to me that spells the end. From 2005 to 2008 Shamrock was knocked out with punches 5 times in a row by much less skilled punchers than Toney.

I'm not for one minute saying he'd have taken Shamrock in his prime, but in the MMA fight they were setting up with the changes to the "normal" rules and taking Shamrock's recent fights and the fact he is totally shot into account, I think Toney had a decent chance.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Go JFAT!

I say kick Jean Paul Guiltiers gay butt then entice Hopkins up to Cruiserweight for a near 20 year late final showdown

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll be honest I felt that could have been just a bad night by Lebedev. He's looked better in the past. In a way, however, I want him to catch a beat down because he ko'd RJJ when RJJ was way past it.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by rjj tszyu View Post
    IF Toney gets down to 200, he will win this fight easily. I think he can get down there easily enough too. It's not as though it is muscle he is trying to shift. Look how much FAT Hatton had to shift for his fights and he was a much smaller man too. I personally think that 200lbs is perfect for Toney right now, and providing he trains right I can see him beating everyone down there and that includes Huck.

He may be old but I think he has far too much in ring smarts and chin for anyone down in the very shallow CW division, and I fully expect a 200lbs Toney to beat Lebedev up.
    You're too high on Toney! Let's see if Toney can go 12 championship rounds.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i cant see toney winning

i dont really have anything else to say mind so perhaps it was pointless me posting on this thread

soz
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Thread Information