Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thumbs up Vitali vs. Adamek Saturday fight thread

An Afternoon fight here on HBO in North America, beginning @ 4:45 PM EST, and 5-6 hours later across the pond.

September 10
    At Wroclaw, Poland (HBO): Vitali Klitschko vs. Tomasz Adamek, 12 rounds, for Klitschko's WBC heavyweight title.

Adamek will come to fight, but Vitali will just be too big and/or too much for him, plus how the fuck is Adamek going to "outbox" Vitali? (his only chance)

Klitschko vs Adamek: Polish Support Giving Adamek Home Field Confidence - Bad Left Hook

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And later the same evening on HBO:

At Atlantic City, N.J. (HBO): Yuriorkis Gamboa vs. Daniel Ponce De Leon, 12 rounds, featherweights.

After putting up a gallant effort in the first few rounds, Ponce will likely get obliterated by Gamboa soon after, don't go to the 'fridge when the fight starts.
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 09-09-2011 at 05:09 PM. Reason: update to fight thread

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Vitali vs. Adamek Saturday on HBO

Adamek has literally no chance here.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by CFH View Post
    Adamek has literally no chance here.
    Adamek shows cojones for taking this fight, but I agree, his chances of winning are slim and none. Since Adamek is a "surviver", with a good chin, my guess is this will go 12 boring rounds with Vitali winning almost every round. (I hope I wrong and we see an entertaining fight)

El Kabong Guest

Vitali will win by TKO. Remember Arreola rocked Adamek, Vitali will only do a better more efficient job. Adamek is a gutsy fighter, but his corner will stop the fight.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quite looking forward to this fight, and think it'll be pretty exciting while it lasts. While vitali is surely the favorite I don't think an adamek win is completely out of the question with a bit of help from father time. I like both guys so really just hoping for a decent fight.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hope Adamek wins this.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Vitali will win by TKO. Remember Arreola rocked Adamek, Vitali will only do a better more efficient job. Adamek is a gutsy fighter, but his corner will stop the fight.
    This has about 90% chance of occuring. The only thing I can see is that Adamek is in the best shape of his life even coming in a little thinner than expected whereas Vitali finally shows some age. Then Adamek waits patiently making Vitali move around a lot during the first five or six rounds and then pushes the action a bit more the last 6 or 7 rounds. How big is the ring?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Michael spinks could do it to Larry Holmes, then heres hoping Tomasz Adamek can do it to Vitali Klitschko!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't see how anyone can give Adamek a chance here.

Adamek is undersized and is really a cruiserweight.

He lacks power at heavyweight, he's not faster than Vitali and he isn't a skilled enough boxer overall to compete with what Vitali brings to the ring like size, power (faded but still good), work rate and overall skills.

Adamek is tough and will make it to the late rounds but i see Vitali beating him up from the opening bell.

Adamek's face won't be a pretty sight at the end.

Vitali by late TKO.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Adamek is by far one of my favorite boxers at the moment but I don't think he has the size to match the granite Ukrainian. However, I think that an Adamek-Haye fight would be entertaining as hell, I should start to harrass Goldenboy and Main Event to convince them to make it happen.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Pugilistic View Post
    I can't see how anyone can give Adamek a chance here.

Adamek is undersized and is really a cruiserweight.

He lacks power at heavyweight, he's not faster than Vitali and he isn't a skilled enough boxer overall to compete with what Vitali brings to the ring like size, power (faded but still good), work rate and overall skills.

Adamek is tough and will make it to the late rounds but i see Vitali beating him up from the opening bell.

Adamek's face won't be a pretty sight at the end.

Vitali by late TKO.
    What Adamek has is speed. He is faster than Vitali in foot speed and punch speed. Otherwise, you are right, he is at a big deficit.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Borderline pointless fight. Adamek couldn't put a dent in Grant or Kevin McBride. Maybe he whips in some good punches early but they're gonna do nothing. His only shot is if Vitali gets injured during the fight.

Vitali TKO (8/13) is a lump on job.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Borderline pointless fight. Adamek couldn't put a dent in Grant or Kevin McBride. Maybe he whips in some good punches early but they're gonna do nothing. His only shot is if Vitali gets injured during the fight.

Why are you so confident? Vitalis last 4 fights, Kevin Johnson and Shannon Briggs went the 12 rounds (Briggs questionable letting it go on but go the distance it did). Neither of those are exactly world beaters. He only got Sosnowski out of there at the end of the 10th. Solis was a non fight. Vitali is definitely slowing down. He'll win but a UD would not surprise me one bit.
    maineventboxing.wordpress.com - my mates boxing blog, check it out for fight articles and fight predictions

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_C View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post

Why are you so confident? Vitalis last 4 fights, Kevin Johnson and Shannon Briggs went the 12 rounds (Briggs questionable letting it go on but go the distance it did). Neither of those are exactly world beaters. He only got Sosnowski out of there at the end of the 10th. Solis was a non fight. Vitali is definitely slowing down. He'll win but a UD would not surprise me one bit.
    Good point.

However, Briggs and Johnson are much bigger than Adamek. Briggs hadn't been stopped for 100 years - and that was against Lewis - and Johnson is so negative he makes Haye look like prime Tyson.

With Adamek's style I can't see anything other than a gradual beating. To go the distance he would have to be negative, imo, which he is not. He is gonna be right in Vitali's range, has a huge size disadvantage and has no chance of a KO.

(trust me, anything I say is a cert is nothing of the sort. Vitali getting KO'd is not out of the question with my boc money on him )
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Far too small. Has no chance. Late stoppage for Vitali then an annoucement of a fight with David Haye no doubt...
    Hidden Content

www.twitter.com/BoxingBantz

Thread Information