0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Diaz out of GSP fight, Condit IN - Diaz may be cut

Quote Originally Posted by Themantonio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakey View Post
    Dana has pulled the switch, BJ Penn will now fight Diaz on the co mainevent.

Yeh has this been confirmed, n if so where'd you get your info from dude
    Yeah its confirmed, was talking to Dana last night and he said its a go....nah just bullshitting, it has been confirmed but i get my info from MMA's worldwide leader in UFC news, gear and events .
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    Actually, maybe he plans to offer Nick Diaz BJ Penn instead of GSP
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by mattboxingfan View Post
    BJ is welterweight now he wont want to fight at light weight so all those guys are out. I just read from BJ's twitter he excepted the crazy fight so we will find out soon! I doubt its Nick Diaz because Dana said he wouldn't trust Nick again so i doubt he puts him on the same card let alone any card.
    Nothing to stop one of them moving up or fighting at catchweight. I'm guessing crazy fight must mean unexpected so I still reckon Shields, Guida and Ben Henderson are the likely picks.

Total wildcard guesses, Jose Aldo and Chael Sonnen. You wouldn't expect that now would you.

If it's a guy in his own weight class, what would be crazy about that? Unless it's Jake Shields, which would be a very good matchup.
    You just don't understand weigh classes do you?
    Hidden Content
    Records are for DJ's - Dan 'The outlaw' Hardy

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This actually should be a better fight. Honestly the Diaz vs GSP fight had the potential to be a yawner considering Nick's performance against top wrestlers. Penn should make this a real standup war. Prior to Edgar boxing Penn's ears off I would have put BJ as a solid favorite to win it but now I think this is a much more closely matched fight and I wouldn't be suprised if Nick's awkward punching style and chin couldn't pull out a win. Dana might figure BJ will win and it gets Nick out of his hair for a while but if Diaz wins and particularly if he finishes BJ you have to figure he is right back in the title picture.
    Most bad government has grown out of too much government. Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

BJ is welterweight now he wont want to fight at light weight so all those guys are out. I just read from BJ's twitter he excepted the crazy fight so we will find out soon! I doubt its Nick Diaz because Dana said he wouldn't trust Nick again so i doubt he puts him on the same card let alone any card.
    Nothing to stop one of them moving up or fighting at catchweight. I'm guessing crazy fight must mean unexpected so I still reckon Shields, Guida and Ben Henderson are the likely picks.

Total wildcard guesses, Jose Aldo and Chael Sonnen. You wouldn't expect that now would you.

If it's a guy in his own weight class, what would be crazy about that? Unless it's Jake Shields, which would be a very good matchup.
    What?

You just don't understand the definition of a crazy matchup do you?

It could have only meant one of two things, either Benn was fighting Diaz, or else an opponent you would never expect. And that would obviously mean a fighter outside of his weightclass.

Seeing as Hendo moved up to heavyweight to knock out Fedor and BJ Penn has also fought in multiple weight classes, including even fighting Lyoto Machida, a fighter outside his weight class was the only other option to a shock fight with Diaz.

So I listed all the possible options and was right, he is fighting Diaz.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What?

It could have only meant one of two things, either Benn was fighting Diaz, or else an opponent you would never expect. And that would obviously mean a fighter outside of his weightclass.

Seeing as Hendo moved up to heavyweight to knock out Fedor and BJ Penn has also fought in multiple weight classes, including even fighting Lyoto Machida, a fighter outside his weight class was the only other option to a shock fight with Diaz.

No i understand crazy match ups. Penn fought Machida in a no weight fight which they DON'T have in the UFC unless you forgot. All the people you said were just stupid fights why would Guida, Bendo want to fight a welterweight BJ Penn when they are both close to title shots that makes zeron sense and it just wouldn't happen. Much like Jose Aldo coming up two weight to fight BJ what the hell would that prove and what would be the point not to mention in the short period of time he couldn't get that weight on properly. Anyone could have thrown out a bunch of names and got it right. If this is a big accomplishment to you it doesn't say a lot!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What?

No i understand crazy match ups. Penn fought Machida in a no weight fight which they DON'T have in the UFC unless you forgot. All the people you said were just stupid fights why would Guida, Bendo want to fight a welterweight BJ Penn when they are both close to title shots that makes zeron sense and it just wouldn't happen. Much like Jose Aldo coming up two weight to fight BJ what the hell would that prove and what would be the point not to mention in the short period of time he couldn't get that weight on properly. Anyone could have thrown out a bunch of names and got it right. If this is a big accomplishment to you it doesn't say a lot!
    I was just listing some possible crazy fights. And Penn against all of those fighters is possible. I'm not saying I agree with them I was just listing what some likely crazy matchups might be.

As Hendo moved up to knock out Fedor and Kenny Florian moved down to dominate Diego Nunes, Guida or Ben Henderson fighting BJ is not ridiculous at all. Would be great matchups and you may very well see those fights in the future.

People are not a fixed weight, they go up and down all the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was expecting Marquardt or a catchweight vs a top lightweight (Pettis, Jim Miller, Cerrone, Guillard, etc.), but Diaz is a great match for Penn.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What?

I was just listing some possible crazy fights. And Penn against all of those fighters is possible. I'm not saying I agree with them I was just listing what some likely crazy matchups might be.

As Hendo moved up to knock out Fedor and Kenny Florian moved down to dominate Diego Nunes, Guida or Ben Henderson fighting BJ is not ridiculous at all. Would be great matchups and you may very well see those fights in the future.

The difference is Hendo had nothing he wanted to prove at LH as he had the title so moving up made sense just like Florian he had no business at LW because he could beat BJ so he's trying his luck at another weight. The guy's you've listed have no reason to move weight for a fight that means nothing.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What?

The difference is Hendo had nothing he wanted to prove at LH as he had the title so moving up made sense just like Florian he had no business at LW because he could beat BJ so he's trying his luck at another weight. The guy's you've listed have no reason to move weight for a fight that means nothing.
    People go up and down in weight all the time mate. Franklin ans Wanderlei fought at a catchweight, Anderson went up to beat Forrest Griffin then straight back down again. It wouldnt have been unusual for the UFC to organise a fight between fighters of adjacent weight classes, especially seeing as BJ seems to flip between two weight classes anyway. As soon as he loses to Diaz he will be down chasing Cerrone, Henderson and Guida anyway and then you will see just how silly your objections are.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What?

People go up and down in weight all the time mate. Franklin ans Wanderlei fought at a catchweight, Anderson went up to beat Forrest Griffin then straight back down again. It wouldnt have been unusual for the UFC to organise a fight between fighters of adjacent weight classes, especially seeing as BJ seems to flip between two weight classes anyway. As soon as he loses to Diaz he will be down chasing Cerrone, Henderson and Guida anyway and then you will see just how silly your objections are.
    I know fighters move up and down in weight usually for a reason i.e they can't beat the champ, they are the champ (Forrest vs Silva), or for an entertaining fight. The later is usually two fighters who aren't near the title but the fight would be exciting Wanderlei vs Franklin. However out of all your suggestions none of them have been close to title contention otherwise the fights would not happen because it makes no sense for a Clay Guida, Ben Henderson, Donald Cerrone to move up in weight when they are one/two fights away from a title shot to risk it all against BJ in a fight that means nothing. You don't get it i understand fighters move up in weight and down but your suggestions of fighters who aren't at BJ's make no sense. Thus why he isn't fighting any of them. I saw an interview with Dana White were it was brought up that Chael Sonnen said he would fight Rashad when Phil Davis was out injured on short notice but Dana said he wanted a legitimate light heavyweight fighter i assume that is what he stands by on short notice. It would be different had Chael been planning the move up and been on weight our even had a fight at that weight.

Me and Dana laugh at your foolish picks!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What?

I know fighters move up and down in weight usually for a reason i.e they can't beat the champ, they are the champ (Forrest vs Silva), or for an entertaining fight. The later is usually two fighters who aren't near the title but the fight would be exciting Wanderlei vs Franklin. However out of all your suggestions none of them have been close to title contention otherwise the fights would not happen because it makes no sense for a Clay Guida, Ben Henderson, Donald Cerrone to move up in weight when they are one/two fights away from a title shot to risk it all against BJ in a fight that means nothing. You don't get it i understand fighters move up in weight and down but your suggestions of fighters who aren't at BJ's make no sense. Thus why he isn't fighting any of them. I saw an interview with Dana White were it was brought up that Chael Sonnen said he would fight Rashad when Phil Davis was out injured on short notice but Dana said he wanted a legitimate light heavyweight fighter i assume that is what he stands by on short notice. It would be different had Chael been planning the move up and been on weight our even had a fight at that weight.

Trust me, once BJ has lost to Nick Diaz if he doesn't retire his next fight will be against either Guida, Cerrone or Henderson. My money is on Guida.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What?

Trust me, once BJ has lost to Nick Diaz if he doesn't retire his next fight will be against either Guida, Cerrone or Henderson. My money is on Guida.
    Yes if he moves down to lightweight those guys aren't moving up for him when there near title contention. If Guida loses to Bendo (he won't) and BJ moves to lightweight then yeah its a possability but otherwise no those guys aren't moving up. Anyway your talking about a different scenario.

Oh yeah BJ is will beat Diaz.
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Carnt believe Dana has pitched these two against each other

Two of my favourite fighters in MMA against each other, this will be one brutal stand up show of boxing, and if it does go to the ground ya got two of the best BJJ practitioners in the game. Can not wait for this, Diaz gets the slight edge due to size for me, but ya can never right off BJ, especially after his showing against Matt Hughes who of course is a fully fledged welterweight.

50/50 fight, cannot pick a winner, and really not sure who I want to win
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't fucking believe NO ONE HAS COMMENTED ON MY GENIUS YOUTUBE LINK TO THE HUNTER FROM JURASSIC PARK GETTING EATEN AND SAYING "CLEVER GIRL".

I SWEAR I WASTE MY GENIUS ON THE LOT OF YOU !
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Thread Information