Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: David Haye: I'll Retire Vitali!!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: David Haye: I'll Retire Vitali!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post

Adamek is not a shite fighter. That isn't fair. You don't get to be a two division world champ by being a shite fighter. Chagaev is a legitimate heavyweight too who has had some class wins. Consider that Haye's best win was probably over Valuev (but maybe Ruiz) as was Chagaev's. Arreola is still a bit unproven in my opinion.
    yeah shit was unfair, i just added that as a bit of comic value

they arent shit, they just arent great

im not saying haye is great, im just saying he is better than the 3 we are talking about, and a fight between them would more than likely end early
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

Adamek is not a shite fighter. That isn't fair. You don't get to be a two division world champ by being a shite fighter. Chagaev is a legitimate heavyweight too who has had some class wins. Consider that Haye's best win was probably over Valuev (but maybe Ruiz) as was Chagaev's. Arreola is still a bit unproven in my opinion.
    yeah shit was unfair, i just added that as a bit of comic value

they arent shit, they just arent great

im not saying haye is great, im just saying he is better than the 3 we are talking about, and a fight between them would more than likely end early
    Yeah, I would like to see Haye against them as well... although with all the money Haye has banked, I wonder how much motivation there would be for him to take part in those fights at this point.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by GAME View Post
    Im actually gonna go against the trend in this thread and say good on ya David!

I feared he may just reire but he's proved he still has abit of pride left. Maybe he is just after the payday for retirement buit he still has to face Vitali to get in and thats a big risk.

Lets see how Vitali performs tonight but right now I give him no chance. Vitali is a monster and will beat Haye up worse than his younger brother did. Hope I'm wrong cuz David may be able to salvage his rep
    Only read the 1st page of this thread and this is the 1st post I will agree with ( so far ) I would like to see him in the ring with Vitali, not for the shot of redemption, or to see him run for 12 rounds, but if anything for him to show his skills ( which he does have ), and gain some respect back. At the end of the day he did have a poorly toe......

Question:
    If Haye fought Vitali and performed like Adamek did, with heart and grit and a willingness to engage, yet still lost, would that raise his stock in your eye's?
    Hidden Content SADDO'S FIGHT NIGHT RD4 CHAMPION, TAKING ON ALL COMERS ! Hidden Content

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mattyhitman View Post

I feared he may just reire but he's proved he still has abit of pride left. Maybe he is just after the payday for retirement buit he still has to face Vitali to get in and thats a big risk.

Lets see how Vitali performs tonight but right now I give him no chance. Vitali is a monster and will beat Haye up worse than his younger brother did. Hope I'm wrong cuz David may be able to salvage his rep
    Only read the 1st page of this thread and this is the 1st post I will agree with ( so far ) I would like to see him in the ring with Vitali, not for the shot of redemption, or to see him run for 12 rounds, but if anything for him to show his skills ( which he does have ), and gain some respect back. At the end of the day he did have a poorly toe......

Question:
    If Haye fought Vitali and performed like Adamek did, with heart and grit and a willingness to engage, yet still lost, would that raise his stock in your eye's?
    Yes. And if he had lost against Wlad in that manner, I don't think he be as trashed as he has been.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by boxingbantz View Post
    I am actually flabbergasted by how many people, on here and on twitter, actually believe David Haye will beat Vitali.

People are as delusional as David Haye himself. I'm amazed I really am. It is idiots like them that will be giving Haye the potential £5m he doesn't deserve when he fights him.
    I just finished reading all the posts on this thread again, and I don't see one single post where the poster thinks Haye will beat Vitali. A few say that Haye has a puncher's chance, that's all. I didn't go on Twitter, so maybe that's where all the delusional Haye fans you are talking about are.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mattyhitman View Post

Question:
    Yes. And if he had lost against Wlad in that manner, I don't think he be as trashed as he has been.
    If haye had lost against wlad like adamek did against vitali it is unlikely we would be talking about a haye vitali fight now
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im not suprised vitali wants to fight haye not only cos he wants to ko him but because it would be by far the biggest payday for him available, haye v vitali would drum up more interest than any other heavyweight fight. (bar the wlad v vitali which isnt gona happen) ok hayes trash talkings a pain, but it sells tickets and hes always backed up the talk in previous fights (bar wlad) but he still went 12rounds with the best, im not saying it wasnt a pathetic 12rounds but wlad still couldnt finsh him off, i dont think haye would beat vitali, his only chance would be to forget defence and go hell for leather+ let the bombs go, which would probably result in haye gettin ko'd, what i will say is id rather see haye v vitali than any other heavy clash at the mo
    Last edited by Taffturner; 09-13-2011 at 09:11 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hughey you keep saying Haye is a great defensive boxer , are you fucking serious ,he has been on his arse at least 3 or 4 times in his career , the only reason he was not badly marked in the Wlad fight is because he shit himself and would not have a go , he is far from a Willie Pep believe me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by roberto duran legend View Post
    Hughey you keep saying Haye is a great defensive boxer , are you fucking serious ,he has been on his arse at least 3 or 4 times in his career , the only reason he was not badly marked in the Wlad fight is because he shit himself and would not have a go , he is far from a Willie Pep believe me
    I have to disagree there. At least he had Wlad missing more shots than i have ever seen, and wlad is pretty percise.

Thread Information