Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Mad Missy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hitmanhatton View Post
    couple of things from the video

the question Merchant was asking at the time didnt seem to annoy Floyd but its as if you can see his mind turning and thinking what to do to cause a scene, also Larrys face is priceless when he looks at the camera as it starts kicking off
    thing is that clip of the interview makes it look like his outburst came from nowhere, you need to see the whole thing.
    Floyd is a kid mentally, there was almost no reason to attack Merchant who was simply saying what most of us are thinking. Floyd is pathetic. Suggesting Merchant doesn't know boxing and should be sacked. Tosser.
    That's the thing though. IF Merchant had a clear objective mind/ knew the rules of boxing/ wasn't such a troll etc. then Floyd wouldn't of become frustrated with Larry's constant referral to the mysterious 'unfair advantage'... And then to fake-threaten Floyd with physical violence, obviously in sheer ignorance (and in spite) of his own ineptitude... Well it is just mind blowing.

I mean you have to really hate a guy to justify that kind of behaviour on TV.

But it's true, Floyd does have an odd immaturity about him.
    Last edited by Jimanuel Boogustus; 09-19-2011 at 02:12 PM.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Larry "F**king" Merchant!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post

the question Merchant was asking at the time didnt seem to annoy Floyd but its as if you can see his mind turning and thinking what to do to cause a scene, also Larrys face is priceless when he looks at the camera as it starts kicking off
    thing is that clip of the interview makes it look like his outburst came from nowhere, you need to see the whole thing.
    Floyd is a kid mentally, there was almost no reason to attack Merchant who was simply saying what most of us are thinking. Floyd is pathetic. Suggesting Merchant doesn't know boxing and should be sacked. Tosser.
    That's the thing though. IF Merchant had a clear objective mind/ knew the rules of boxing/ wasn't such a troll etc. then Floyd wouldn't of become frustrated with Larry's constant referral to the mysterious 'unfair advantage'... And then the to fake-threaten Floyd with physical violence obviously in sheer ignorance of his ineptitude... Well it is just mind blowing.

Floyd had just sucker punched someone which left the entire arena booing, Larry was speaking up for most IMO.

The end retort was just sheer pantomime, but Floyd deserved it after being such a prissy queen with him. Floyd cannot take any criticism and it is likely because he surrounds himself with yes men. Someone like Merchant turns him infantile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=miles;1010742]
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggs View Post
    Larry Merchant is god like, Mayweather on the other hand is human excrement.
    Another idiot!
    Nah, you a slightly more idiotic. Plus you like to kiss men.
    Mmmm sounds like another degenerate uneducated moron - well done your mother must be very
    proud[/QUOTE

I am an extremely educated
    degenerate I will have you know and have never sucker punched anyone in my life. My mother is extremely proud of that.

I am shocked that you didn't deny my accusation. You are clearly Leonard Ellerbe.
    I treated that comment with the contempt it deserved as you are clearly somewhat short upstairs. I also didn't want to offend your father.
    Another idiot!

Such sublime contempt, such magnificent mastery of the English language. The most wonderful way to hammer home my obvious lack of a mental step ladder, how I am humbled by your exquisite use of the classic put down. Oh how my
    father is weeping like King Lear after the tragic scorning of his hideous and uncaring daughters. Oh woe is me.

Riggs, I stand before you truly humbled. You are truly an
    exceptional human being and I stand back in true admiration.
    Any man I'm 'arguing' with that can actually make me chuckle out loud goes up a tad in my estimation -
    quite funny that. Still think Floyd (although clearly a twat outside the ring) doesn't deserve flack he's getting for this fight - and still surprised not more being said of
    Cortez!
    Thank you. I'm glad I amused you.

Just as Floyd was a bit harsh with young Victor, I can be a little extreme in my posting sometimes. I don't like Floyd, but I was no worse with Mayweather than what he
    usually is with his opponents. I am not particularly serious on these issues though. So no hard feelings. I like a person who knows how to chill a little after a heated exchange.

I actually agree with you. Cortez is an indescribable mountain of human excrement. It is beyond me how he gets to officiate fights anymore.

I apologise for calling you Leonard Ellerbe, that was possibly an inexcusable thing to call someone.
    Hey - no worries - although it is the worst thing ive been called...today anyway I too feel the need to perhaps apologise for going down a road of insults I hadn't ventured down since school (the father jibe)!
    Anyway, unfortunately I think because of everything else that went on that night, eg. Floyds somewhat twatty behaviour and subsequent retort by Merchant, Cortez's own performance (I use the term loosely) is going under the radar.
    ......been a pleasure!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's the thing though. IF Merchant had a clear objective mind/ knew the rules of boxing/ wasn't such a troll etc. then Floyd wouldn't of become frustrated with Larry's constant referral to the mysterious 'unfair advantage'... And then the to fake-threaten Floyd with physical violence obviously in sheer ignorance of his ineptitude... Well it is just mind blowing.

Floyd had just sucker punched someone which left the entire arena booing, Larry was speaking up for most IMO.

The end retort was just sheer pantomime, but Floyd deserved it after being such a prissy queen with him. Floyd cannot take any criticism and it is likely because he surrounds himself with yes men. Someone like Merchant turns him infantile.
    It's a shame then that Larry felt the need to voice the opinion of the ill informed... Because they clearly don't know shit about Boxing
    Last edited by Jimanuel Boogustus; 09-19-2011 at 02:29 PM.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=Riggs;1010752]
    Larry Merchant is god like, Mayweather on the other hand is human excrement.
    Another idiot!
    Nah, you a slightly more idiotic. Plus you like to kiss men.
    Mmmm sounds like another degenerate uneducated moron - well done your mother must be very
    proud[/QUOTE

I am an extremely educated
    degenerate I will have you know and have never sucker punched anyone in my life. My mother is extremely proud of that.

I am shocked that you didn't deny my accusation. You are clearly Leonard Ellerbe.
    I treated that comment with the contempt it deserved as you are clearly somewhat short upstairs. I also didn't want to offend your father.
    Another idiot!

Such sublime contempt, such magnificent mastery of the English language. The most wonderful way to hammer home my obvious lack of a mental step ladder, how I am humbled by your exquisite use of the classic put down. Oh how my
    father is weeping like King Lear after the tragic scorning of his hideous and uncaring daughters. Oh woe is me.

Riggs, I stand before you truly humbled. You are truly an
    exceptional human being and I stand back in true admiration.
    Any man I'm 'arguing' with that can actually make me chuckle out loud goes up a tad in my estimation -
    quite funny that. Still think Floyd (although clearly a twat outside the ring) doesn't deserve flack he's getting for this fight - and still surprised not more being said of
    Cortez!
    Thank you. I'm glad I amused you.

Just as Floyd was a bit harsh with young Victor, I can be a little extreme in my posting sometimes. I don't like Floyd, but I was no worse with Mayweather than what he
    usually is with his opponents. I am not particularly serious on these issues though. So no hard feelings. I like a person who knows how to chill a little after a heated exchange.

I actually agree with you. Cortez is an indescribable mountain of human excrement. It is beyond me how he gets to officiate fights anymore.

I apologise for calling you Leonard Ellerbe, that was possibly an inexcusable thing to call someone.
    Hey - no worries - although it is the worst thing ive been called...today anyway I too feel the need to perhaps apologise for going down a road of insults I hadn't ventured down since school (the father jibe)!
    Anyway, unfortunately I think because of everything else that went on that night, eg. Floyds somewhat twatty behaviour and subsequent retort by Merchant, Cortez's own performance (I use the term loosely) is going under the radar.
    ......been a pleasure!
    In the heat of the moment I think we all post dramatically and use slightly too many expletives. I think a lot of that was sheer disappointment at the fight being so underwhelming despite looking like it might have potential. It's a damn shame to see any fight end like that. Sure Ortiz should have been ready to stop the foreplay, but Floyd should have restrained himself for just a second. He knows people have paid money to see a fight and not a cheap shot ending. And Cortez should likely go on the new James Toney diet, wear a wig and only ref again if nobody recognizes him.

Still, good to see people are settling down a bit and being civil again.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a shame then that Larry felt the need to voice the opinion of the ill informed... Because they clearly don't know shit about Boxing
    It was un-gentlemanly conduct, I don't think anyone believes it was a particularly gracious move. A straight up cheap shot and then another! Cortez was seemingly entranced by a ring girl or something. Totally distracted. They should have been sent to their corners and then called back in. It was all wrong.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Might even have made my top 500 favourites of all time
    Miles you consistently--and rather annoyingly---overrate your works. There is no doubt that your Ellerbe comment BARELY squeaked by into the top 750 of all time.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was un-gentlemanly conduct, I don't think anyone believes it was a particularly gracious move. A straight up cheap shot and then another! Cortez was seemingly entranced by a ring girl or something. Totally distracted. They should have been sent to their corners and then called back in. It was all wrong.
    What your saying is a whole load of noting. And can only be substantiated by (as you stated) pantomime.

Thread Information