Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Was Ortiz Money's easiest opponent in the last few years?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Was Ortiz Money's easiest opponent in the last few years?

It's debatable, but there are definite arguments that he was the easist opponent in a while. He was, of course, the first person PBF KO'd in the first half of the fight in years, since Mitchell or Gatti if correctly recall, and the first person Mayweather KO'd in under 6 rounds since 1998.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Was Ortiz Money's easiest opponent in the last few years?

This fight is bollocks, there was only a winner on paper.

It is a fraudulent fight.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes he was but Floyd loves that WBC belt.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Easiest fight since Gatti and Sharmbe Mitchell, yes..

Im still laughing at those who thought Ortiz had a chance and there were many of them.. smh

What's even more funnier is that there were many members of other forums who said that Floyd is in a tougher fight against Ortiz than Pacman is against Marquez.. lol

Everytime i see things like that, Roger Mayweather's quote comes to mind.. Most people dont know shit about boxing.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think people are going a bit crazy over this win with stupid conclusions. Ortiz lost at the weigh in, Ortiz deserved to be sucker punched because he's a cheating bitch, Ortiz was dominated from the start etc.

All post rationalisations. Ortiz was in the fight and doing ok. I had him winning one round and the fight was competitive until the sucker punch.

Yes it was Ortiz's fault, he lost his composure and relaxed his guard and got punished but he was looking pretty good in there to me up to that point. It looked like it was shaping up to be an interesting fight.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
    I think people are going a bit crazy over this win with stupid conclusions. Ortiz lost at the weigh in, Ortiz deserved to be sucker punched because he's a cheating bitch, Ortiz was dominated from the start etc.

All post rationalisations. Ortiz was in the fight and doing ok. I had him winning one round and the fight was competitive until the sucker punch.

Yes it was Ortiz's fault, he lost his composure and relaxed his guard and got punished but he was looking pretty good in there to me up to that point. It looked like it was shaping up to be an interesting fight.
    I agree that Ortiz was doing ok up until the KO, but he got KO'd in the 4th, Floyd's first pre-6 round KO for a long time. That says something.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post

What's even more funnier is that there were many members of other forums who said that Floyd is in a tougher fight against Ortiz than Pacman is against Marquez.. lol
    It's certainly still possible that Pac dominates Marquez even worse. I agree with Bilbo's take on the Floyd-Ortiz fight. Ortiz won one out of four rounds and then there was a fluke (though perfectly legal) finish. Floyd didn't end the fight in under six because he was so much more dominant and powerful than he had been in previous fights -- he ended it in under six because he (perfectly legally, granted) sucker-punched his opponent.

I will not be surprised if Marquez fails to win a single round before getting stopped. The dude is old, shot, and fighting way too heavy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The fight shows very little. Mayweather was controlling things for sure and in all probability would have won anyway but it was a hollow victory.

most people would be knocked out if they were hit full force in the way Ortiz was, no defence and chin hanging out to dry.

regardless of 'protect yourself at all times' or 'Ortiz headbutted him first so deserved what happened' yaaaawwwnn!!

he might as well have had his arms tied behind his back and a target painted on his chin for what that 'knockout' was worth. Its not as though they were going at it and Mayweather ko'd him after manouvering himself in to position and landed a blistering combination. It was basically a free shot on a defenceless opponent.

It can be dressed up however people want it to be but if i stood there and let my 13 yr old bro take a free swing at my chin with my hands by my side i probably wouldn't know what hit me either.

yeah yeah PBF got the W and the pretty belt but any other opponent would have got the same result under the same circumstances. Its what the record books say that discussions will be based on in years to come.

Thread Information