Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Canelo Vs. Cintron

I don't know if anyone has already posted this, but read on ESPN that Top Rank has released Kermit Cintron from his contract and that Cintron Vs Alvarez might be in the works for either November or December

thoughts?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Canelo Vs. Cintron

Something of a dangerous fight for Alvarez. I don't think Cintron has much left though.

ICB Guest

This could be similar to Angulo/Cintron but i doubt it very much.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IMO it's at least a step up in level of opposition

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I kinda like this fight for cintron.if he could outbox angulo whos better than canelo, I dont see why he couldnt tame canelo. Canelo isnt aggressive enough to knock out kermit, im sure of it. And he doesnt hold any kinf of size advantage either like he did against others. Molina and smith were effective because they brought the pressure and smothered cintrons punches but doesnt even get down like that.

Gomez landed way too many flush right hands to canelos chin and if he had any real power behind them, canelo could have got severely hurt, possibly even knocked out.

If cintron brings his A game, he can beat canelo. This is a respectable step up.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    I kinda like this fight for cintron.if he could outbox angulo whos better than canelo, I dont see why he couldnt tame canelo. Canelo isnt aggressive enough to knock out kermit, im sure of it. And he doesnt hold any kinf of size advantage either like he did against others. Molina and smith were effective because they brought the pressure and smothered cintrons punches but doesnt even get down like that.

Gomez landed way too many flush right hands to canelos chin and if he had any real power behind them, canelo could have got severely hurt, possibly even knocked out.

If cintron brings his A game, he can beat canelo. This is a respectable step up.
    I agree with what you're saying, but IMO Canelo is better technically than Angulo, he has better movement and a wider variety of punches and combinations than Angulo as well

I honestly feel like Alvarez put up a lazy performance against Gomez, he didn't look like he was really into the fight at all and was just going through the motions, he knew that Gomez is a light puncher and that he wouldn't be able to hurt him so he didn't even bother to avoid his shots, hell Canelo has a good jab and he didn't even bother really committing to it

Cintron is pretty good technically, but his power has seemed to have faded a bit in his last couple of fights, he has stamina issues and he's always hot and cold, you never know how he'll show up, he's kinda like the Red Sox, he can have everything going in his favor and he'll still find a way to choke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now that AA lose to Kirkland, do anyone give Cintron a better chance?
    Or
    Should Kirkland get the winner and who wins that fight?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I say we're in for one of cintrons biggest antics yet ! I say he swings misses and knocks himself out.
    Hidden Content Click clack ! Give up the purse.........or yetti will find you.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I see Alvarez stopping Cintron
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
    Depends on which Kermit shows up. If he comes in half-assed, then yea, he can get knocked out..

BUt Im thinking that he's going to come with a do or die attitude.. I mean he has to.. THis is literally his last shot at big time and he should know better. With a victory over Canelo, he would be put on the map again so it would be foolish for him not to take advantage of this..

On top of that, Canelo might be going through some personal shit right now. Fighters are hating on him, he has that court case, and a midget is bangin his broad/ex or whoever....

He's a 21 year old boy and he could be distracted come fight night.. There's alot of pressure on him and he might crack...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
    I don't see anything special about Cintron these days. He looked like shit a few fights ago losing to Carlos Molina, and he didn't look a hell of a lot better in his last fight against Antwone Smith. I think the only question is whether or not Canelo knocks him the fuck out or wins a decision by a wide margin.

Kermit hates it to the body, if I were Alvarez that's what i'd focus on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A few months ago I would have seen this as a competitive fight. I don't think so anymore. Cintron will bring it for 3 or 4 rounds. But once he sees that Canelo is still standing there his heart is going to fade. I couldn't believe the Cintron I saw against Molina. Is this what happens to someone when Margarito beats the shit out of them? He hasn't been the same since he lost that first fight. I think Canelo wins this one. However I haven't decided wether it's going to be a decision or stoppage.

Thread Information