950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hopkins vs Dawson NO FOUL?!

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Hopkins has done this far too often for me to have any sympathy. He has tried to cheat and screw fighters so many times and then gets upset when finally it has gone against him. If they want a rematch in 3 months, then let's have it because I am convinced it will be the last we see of BHop. He can't fight 12 rounds with Dawson.

Let's not forget why Hopkins was on his back, it was because once again he tried to man grope Chad Dawson and clinging yourself to an opponent like an octopus is not an acceptable move either. Should a fighter just allow themselves to be hugged non-stop? No, you push your opponent off and try to force a fight. Dawson was doing just that. Hopkins seems to be made of bone china with his crying in every fight. Toney falls out the ring, he gets up and the man was so big against Oquendo that it defied the laws of physics. But Hopkins falls, seems to take most of the fall on his back and lo and behold he is injured. Now where have we seen Hopkins crying on the canvas before?

The ref saw it as a spoiler hugging and getting pushed away, it's a shame that Hopkins apparently hurt himself in the process, but at the same time he should have insisted that the fight go on. He looked like he wanted out and got it.
    Miles your one of my favorite posters on here by far, but COME ON !

The ref fucked it up, and Dawson should not be proud of his "win".

I saw the first round for Hopkins, and the second was going Chad's way, but at no point was Bernard getting hurt, beat up, rocked, or dominated.

He may have milked the injury a bit, I don't know, but he was fouled, illegally picked up and slammed to the mat, and suffered an injury as a result.

Thats a DQ. Or a the least a No Contest.
    But a foul was never called and Hopkins didn't appear to be saying 'let me fight'. He was looking for the way out and the ref gave it to him.

I agree that the referee was flustered and didn't seem to be entirely in control, at the least I think Hopkins should have been clearly awarded 5 minutes to recuperate and that the ref should have considered the situation with a clearer head. But as it stands it wasn't called a foul and personally speaking I don't think you can blame a fighter for pushing a Ruiz type fighter off of you. Hugging and holding is one of my bugbears and Hopkins doesn't get a pass because he is old.

I thought Dawson edged a close first round and was winning the second. I saw little in Hopkins to suggest he was in any way a serious threat.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jabvargas24 View Post
    I don't believe Chad is happy with this win. He was clearly upset and wanted to fight on. How can you say he was proud to win like this?
    Oh yes I agree you could tell by his humble quiet demeanor

He was proud of it talking shit, yelling carrying on and sayin how there will be no rematch.
    No, he was angry and pissed off. He wanted to fight. You don't have a long camp and want to see something end like that. He is angry with Hopkins and seeing as Hopkins has brittle bones I can't say I blame him. Every fight we see Hopkins flopping around in tears. "Ooh I'm 46 have some sympathy!". Retire then!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't believe Chad is happy with this win. He was clearly upset and wanted to fight on. How can you say he was proud to win like this?

He was proud of it talking shit, yelling carrying on and sayin how there will be no rematch.
    No, he was angry and pissed off. He wanted to fight. You don't have a long camp and want to see something end like that. He is angry with Hopkins and seeing as Hopkins has brittle bones I can't say I blame him. Every fight we see Hopkins flopping around in tears. "Ooh I'm 46 have some sympathy!". Retire then!
    Exactly!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopkins has done this far too often for me to have any sympathy. He has tried to cheat and screw fighters so many times and then gets upset when finally it has gone against him. If they want a rematch in 3 months, then let's have it because I am convinced it will be the last we see of BHop. He can't fight 12 rounds with Dawson.

Let's not forget why Hopkins was on his back, it was because once again he tried to man grope Chad Dawson and clinging yourself to an opponent like an octopus is not an acceptable move either. Should a fighter just allow themselves to be hugged non-stop? No, you push your opponent off and try to force a fight. Dawson was doing just that. Hopkins seems to be made of bone china with his crying in every fight. Toney falls out the ring, he gets up and the man was so big against Oquendo that it defied the laws of physics. But Hopkins falls, seems to take most of the fall on his back and lo and behold he is injured. Now where have we seen Hopkins crying on the canvas before?

The ref saw it as a spoiler hugging and getting pushed away, it's a shame that Hopkins apparently hurt himself in the process, but at the same time he should have insisted that the fight go on. He looked like he wanted out and got it.
    Miles your one of my favorite posters on here by far, but COME ON !

The ref fucked it up, and Dawson should not be proud of his "win".

I saw the first round for Hopkins, and the second was going Chad's way, but at no point was Bernard getting hurt, beat up, rocked, or dominated.

He may have milked the injury a bit, I don't know, but he was fouled, illegally picked up and slammed to the mat, and suffered an injury as a result.

Thats a DQ. Or a the least a No Contest.
    But a foul was never called and Hopkins didn't appear to be saying 'let me fight'. He was looking for the way out and the ref gave it to him.

I agree that the referee was flustered and didn't seem to be entirely in control, at the least I think Hopkins should have been clearly awarded 5 minutes to recuperate and that the ref should have considered the situation with a clearer head. But as it stands it wasn't called a foul and personally speaking I don't think you can blame a fighter for pushing a Ruiz type fighter off of you. Hugging and holding is one of my bugbears and Hopkins doesn't get a pass because he is old.

I thought Dawson edged a close first round and was winning the second. I saw little in Hopkins to suggest he was in any way a serious threat.
    So based on the two rounds you know how that fight was going...well a round and a half really? Damn based on that..Kostya Tszyu clearly wasnt going to beat Zab Judah.
    Hidden Content

Please see above for my opinion

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exactly!
    Oh come on.

Yeah "Bad" Chad scares everybody. He's such a bad ass he strikes fear into the bravest of men. Glen Johnson, Jean Pascal, Bernard Hopkins, Tavoris Cloud are or were all scared to death of him...

The fight had an inconclusive result, I don't think Hopkins or Dawson were dominating or in control.
    "You knocked him down...now how bout you try knockin me down ?"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Firstly I think miles is a complete idiot who seems to have an issue with black fighters and culture in general. Secondly Hopkins is not blameless but this was a clear no contest.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by piye View Post
    Firstly I think miles is a complete idiot who seems to have an issue with black fighters and culture in general. Secondly Hopkins is not blameless but this was a clear no contest.
    I think you are a silly cunt who has an issue with me generally.

I have an issue with black fighters? Fuck right off with that kind of talk. Sure, I don't drive around listening to gangster rap, but I have no problems with black people nor black fighters. In fact I find that extremely insulting.

I am fond of a lot of black fighters and particularly love James Toney who I have always listed as one of my favourite fighters. However, I have no reason to defend myself on this issue as it is groundless hogwash.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree that miles is a good poster and usually gets it right but he is wrong here.

Hopkins has been diagnosed in hospital with A-C which is separation of the collar bone to the shoulder bone. This damage was done due to Dawson lifting Hopkins of the ground with both feet and throwing him to the floor. Last time I checked this was not a legal boxing move.

What the ref is saying is that it is okay to keep throwing and opponet to the floor until they cannot continue and you will be decalred winner by TKO. Everyone should therefore just go for the takedown from the start. This is not UFC. Ref messed up. This must be reversed. Worst decision Ive seen.

Finally Dawson showed zero class. He just damged the shoulder and possibly ended teh career of a boxing legend with a foul and had the audacity to swear at him after the fight was stopped. I hope Pascal owns him again.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They need to clone steve smogger n just let hom and his clones alone do all the officiating in fights and we wouldn't have to argue bout stupjd shit like this, abd booze is awesome!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Hopkins injury is legit, then that will ultimately speak for itself. It seemed like Hopkins was playing up and that the fall wasn't particularly heavy, but if evidence is shown and Hopkins was truly injured, then ultimately I wouldn't be that bothered if the result was changed to a NC. In posting immediately after a fight nobody knows the true situation and inferences are being made ad hoc. I am not adverse to altering my viewpoint if new evidence is brought to the fore. It isn't easy for a referee to always get it right either, it is a highly difficult situation to handle.

And once again, fuck off Piye for bringing race into the debate. I think that is highly inappropriate in this thread and wrong. If I have ever made race based comments it is about white people, but only ever in talking about female preferences on the other board. That is a groundless accusation so take it back.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

glad i fell asleep after the malignaggi fight!

(who i would like to add, if he had decent punching power his career could have gone differently, I enjoy watching him box, very skillful)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Twitter

Miles I'll be honest I don't much like you and yes your opinions seem bigoted to me I could care less if you like Hip Hop or not, Hip Hop is a type of music but it does not define black culture.

Let's not turn this into a silly net argument but be serious when you make threads bashing a fighters ability to speak english to a standard that you deem satisfactory as you did with the David Haye thread it's very easy for you to come across as an ignorant bigot.

Fact is different people from a variety of socio economic classes make up this country of ours and the language used by these people differs for a variety of reasons heritage, culture etc

So who but a bigot would judge someone as a lesser person due to the use of slang that you are familiar with?

People like you or Nick Griffin that's who you racist.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did father time catch up yes it did,? did this dirty fighter get what was coming to him yes he did, thank you Mr Dawson.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

just went to watch this on sky plus and the fucking thing ended in first round saying 'end of programme'

absolute monkey wank
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Same thing happened to me mate fucking nightmare!don't think we missed much thow!

Thread Information