Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Hopkins vs Dawson NO FOUL?!

Just watched the last round from youtube. I don't have any bias against any of these boxers. What happened looks like an injury sustained from a non-boxing move, so whether the referee thinks that Hopkins is faking it (given his history) is irrelevent. It should have been a no decision or no contest.

One of the TV angle shows how the referee saw the fight. Look at the link at 7:27. (Hope the video hasn't been taken down when you get to it).

Last edited by InTheNeutralCorner; 10-16-2011 at 02:47 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by jabvargas24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jabvargas24 View Post
    I don't believe Chad is happy with this win. He was clearly upset and wanted to fight on. How can you say he was proud to win like this?
    Oh yes I agree you could tell by his humble quiet demeanor

He was proud of it talking shit, yelling carrying on and sayin how there will be no rematch.

Hopkins clearly didn't want anymore of Bad Chad so why have a part 2?
    Good point, chances are however, a rematch will get ordered.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post

<snip>

Let's not forget why Hopkins was on his back, it was because once again he tried to man grope Chad Dawson and clinging yourself to an opponent like an octopus is not an acceptable move either. Should a fighter just allow themselves to be hugged non-stop? No, you push your opponent off and try to force a fight. Dawson was doing just that.

<snip>
    Hey, Miles, it was only round 2. They were still getting the rhythm of the fight established. it's a bit early to describe some behavior as "non-stop."

Of course Dawson wanted Hopkins off him but that wasn't a push. It was a lift and drop - nearly a body slam.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Snakey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Hopkins has done this far too often for me to have any sympathy. He has tried to cheat and screw fighters so many times and then gets upset when finally it has gone against him. If they want a rematch in 3 months, then let's have it because I am convinced it will be the last we see of BHop. He can't fight 12 rounds with Dawson.

Let's not forget why Hopkins was on his back, it was because once again he tried to man grope Chad Dawson and clinging yourself to an opponent like an octopus is not an acceptable move either. Should a fighter just allow themselves to be hugged non-stop? No, you push your opponent off and try to force a fight. Dawson was doing just that. Hopkins seems to be made of bone china with his crying in every fight. Toney falls out the ring, he gets up and the man was so big against Oquendo that it defied the laws of physics. But Hopkins falls, seems to take most of the fall on his back and lo and behold he is injured. Now where have we seen Hopkins crying on the canvas before?

The ref saw it as a spoiler hugging and getting pushed away, it's a shame that Hopkins apparently hurt himself in the process, but at the same time he should have insisted that the fight go on. He looked like he wanted out and got it.
    Miles your one of my favorite posters on here by far, but COME ON !

The ref fucked it up, and Dawson should not be proud of his "win".

I saw the first round for Hopkins, and the second was going Chad's way, but at no point was Bernard getting hurt, beat up, rocked, or dominated.

He may have milked the injury a bit, I don't know, but he was fouled, illegally picked up and slammed to the mat, and suffered an injury as a result.

Thats a DQ. Or a the least a No Contest.
    But a foul was never called and Hopkins didn't appear to be saying 'let me fight'. He was looking for the way out and the ref gave it to him.

I agree that the referee was flustered and didn't seem to be entirely in control, at the least I think Hopkins should have been clearly awarded 5 minutes to recuperate and that the ref should have considered the situation with a clearer head. But as it stands it wasn't called a foul and personally speaking I don't think you can blame a fighter for pushing a Ruiz type fighter off of you. Hugging and holding is one of my bugbears and Hopkins doesn't get a pass because he is old.

I thought Dawson edged a close first round and was winning the second. I saw little in Hopkins to suggest he was in any way a serious threat.
    So based on the two rounds you know how that fight was going...well a round and a half really? Damn based on that..Kostya Tszyu clearly wasnt going to beat Zab Judah.
    We all saw Bernard come from behind to dominate Pascal on the rematch.. To try to even guess the outcome of that fight is idiotic. Amazingly Hopkins was doing well in the first few rounds and I say this because he usually gives them away to dominate the half and latter rounds like he did Pascal. So i felt Hopkins was doing well but no one can judge what was going to happen.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    just went to watch this on sky plus and the fucking thing ended in first round saying 'end of programme'

absolute monkey wank
    Same thing happend to me this morning when I went to watch what had happend last night. Luckily I watched it live but had I depended on sky plus I would have been really annoyed. Sky need to sort that out. I can see how their system works and records in set times but they need to understand that live events run over.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well Miles looks like B-Hop wasn't faking the injury. At the end of the day it seems to be that people kind of somehow justify what happen yesterday night by saying "well Hopkins is a dirty fighter and had it coming". But fair is fair and what happened yesterday should at the very least be overturned to a no contest. This is boxing not wrestling or the ufc. To let a win like this occur would be a huge black eye on the sport we love. This is not about our personal likes or dislikes with the fighters. This is about what's right and and justice. NC, immediate rematch it's fair to both parties.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

to say Hopkins deserved that is plain stupid.

Its been a few years but I could have sworn Miles was a Hatton fan? I thought he was maybe I'm wrong but to hear him say Hopkins the spoiler and octopus cracks me up since Hatton made a living that style.

Tko loss is not even a possibility within the boxing rules. No punches were thrown, and anyone who says Hopkins was bumming him is just an idiot. You see that sequence in Boxing all the time when fighters come together. Dawson CLEARLY and you knobs can't dispute the footage... Clearly took his left hand/glove and scooped the backside of Hopkins left knee like a wrestling takedown and shrugged him off. It was illegal!!! Now I have no problem with it.. What I have the problem with is the incompetent Ref who wrote his own rules. His job is to protect the fighters and officiate the Boxing rules. His judgement call has to be made within the guidelines. It CLEARLY wasn't it!

The injury was sustained from a non boxing move so a TKO isint even a possibility.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by JT Rock View Post
    to say Hopkins deserved that is plain stupid.

Its been a few years but I could have sworn Miles was a Hatton fan? I thought he was maybe I'm wrong but to hear him say Hopkins the spoiler and octopus cracks me up since Hatton made a living that style.

Tko loss is not even a possibility within the boxing rules. No punches were thrown, and anyone who says Hopkins was bumming him is just an idiot. You see that sequence in Boxing all the time when fighters come together. Dawson CLEARLY and you knobs can't dispute the footage... Clearly took his left hand/glove and scooped the backside of Hopkins left knee like a wrestling takedown and shrugged him off. It was illegal!!! Now I have no problem with it.. What I have the problem with is the incompetent Ref who wrote his own rules. His job is to protect the fighters and officiate the Boxing rules. His judgement call has to be made within the guidelines. It CLEARLY wasn't it!

The injury was sustained from a non boxing move so a TKO isint even a possibility.
    Spot on. The level of bias never ceases to amaze. No professional fighter deserves to "lose" like that and we need to expect more and not settle on horse shit like that no matter how much of an asshole we think a guy is. Today its a Bernard, tomorrow its your guy. The ref doesn't get to make it up on the fly. Trifling shit.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Piye I tolerate some things, but I will not tolerate being called a racist without any evidence being put forth to suggest as much. I'm afraid criticizing the improper usage of English by Haye just doesn't cut it as I would argue that a significant proportion of British people have poor verbal skills. However, that is not an issue of race.

Say any more silly crap like that again and I will have you reported to a Mod as I don't think it is acceptable to randomly tar people with the racist card. It is wrong to be racist and at the same time wrong to falsely accuse people. You can't cry rape just for a kick and likewise you can't just play the race card.

It is cheap and the act of a lowlife.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Miles is right here..

This scumbag bernard tried to pull another one of his conjobs.. He tried to fake himself into a DQ victory but oh well, it didnt work cuz the ref knew better..

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Miles is right here..

This scumbag bernard tried to pull another one of his conjobs.. He tried to fake himself into a DQ victory but oh well, it didnt work cuz the ref knew better..

No, he isnt. I agree that Hopkins tried to embelish it all to steal the DQ win, BUT that is no basis for the ref making the call that he did. Neither is Hopkins being a dirty fighter in general, this call was really black and white and the ref blew it. The fact is that Hopkins was never told that he would lose by TKO if he didn't continue, and I believe he well may have fought on if the ref had been competent and done so. So even for those who pretend to be certain that Hopkins was faking injury, the referee completely shit his pants out there. But that is all really besides the main issue; how on earth can you rule something of this nature a TKO after ONE round has been completed on the scorecards? There was no legal punch that in any way led to the fight being stopped, it was a clear foul whether flagrant or not.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You could say Bernard had it coming because of his past actions but the fight should be a reason to call for a rematch if that is what everyone believes. Like Bernard or not, like Dawson or not, the last time I checked, boxing is and will always be a sport and that kind of behavior doesn't just hurt the fighters involved but the fans are left hanging and this contributes to the nay Sayers arguments to abolish one of the oldest sports in the world. If Dawson wants to fight that way then the MMA will welcome him with open arms. Bernard is no angel and I'm not one of his fans but I'd rather see him take a good licking instead for the trash he spews. A rematch is in order and let's get a referee that knows the rules and most of all, one that can see. We fans need to step in and explain that we pay their salaries.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hopkins has done this far too often for me to have any sympathy. He has tried to cheat and screw fighters so many times and then gets upset when finally it has gone against him. If they want a rematch in 3 months, then let's have it because I am convinced it will be the last we see of BHop. He can't fight 12 rounds with Dawson.

Let's not forget why Hopkins was on his back, it was because once again he tried to man grope Chad Dawson and clinging yourself to an opponent like an octopus is not an acceptable move either. Should a fighter just allow themselves to be hugged non-stop? No, you push your opponent off and try to force a fight. Dawson was doing just that. Hopkins seems to be made of bone china with his crying in every fight. Toney falls out the ring, he gets up and the man was so big against Oquendo that it defied the laws of physics. But Hopkins falls, seems to take most of the fall on his back and lo and behold he is injured. Now where have we seen Hopkins crying on the canvas before?

The ref saw it as a spoiler hugging and getting pushed away, it's a shame that Hopkins apparently hurt himself in the process, but at the same time he should have insisted that the fight go on. He looked like he wanted out and got it.
    I actually frequently don't agree with Miles, but Miles is spot on here.

The fight should be changed to a no contest in any event. But, Hopkins disaapointed me as much as Chad did. I had the first round for Dawson and the second was looking to be for Dawson too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Piye I tolerate some things, but I will not tolerate being called a racist without any evidence being put forth to suggest as much. I'm afraid criticizing the improper usage of English by Haye just doesn't cut it as I would argue that a significant proportion of British people have poor verbal skills. However, that is not an issue of race.

Say any more silly crap like that again and I will have you reported to a Mod as I don't think it is acceptable to randomly tar people with the racist card. It is wrong to be racist and at the same time wrong to falsely accuse people. You can't cry rape just for a kick and likewise you can't just play the race card.

It is cheap and the act of a lowlife.
    Report me go ahead, I will not be afraid to say my opinion for fear of consequences I am not braking any of the sites rules and I am entitled to my opinion. So go ahead report me but first stop forcing your ignorant elitist attitude down the throat of forum readers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Hopkins disaapointed me as much as Chad did. I had the first round for Dawson and the second was looking to be for Dawson too.
    How can you be dissapointed with a guy who shoulder got popped out after being slammed down to the canvas?

Why should have Hopkins be forced to fight that way. you could see in the post fight interview with kellerman that his shoulder wasn't right.

Thread Information