22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thumbs up Nonito Donaire vs. Omar Narvaez Saturday fight/chat thread

Good fights Saturday:

October 22
    At New York (HBO): Nonito Donaire vs. Omar Narvaez, 12 rounds, for Donaire's WBC/WBO bantamweight titles.

and perhaps if they show it: Miguel Angel "Mikey" Garcia vs. Juan Carlos Martinez, 10 rounds, featherweights.

"El Huracán" Narvaez is an undefeated slugger from Argentina, so he might give Donaire a big test:
    Omar Andres Narvaez - Boxer

Also Saturday from across the pond in Deutschland:

At Ludwigsburg, Germany: Marco Huck vs. Rogelio Omar Rossi, 12 rounds, for Huck's WBO cruiserweight title; Dominick Britsch vs. Billy Lyell, 12 rounds, middleweights.

Thoughts on these fights?
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 10-21-2011 at 05:50 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Nonito Donaire vs. Omar Narvaez on HBO Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Good weekend of boxing:

October 22
    At New York (HBO): Nonito Donaire vs. Omar Narvaez, 12 rounds, for Donaire's WBC/WBO bantamweight titles.
    and perhaps if they show it: Miguel Angel "Mikey" Garcia vs. Juan Carlos Martinez, 10 rounds, featherweights.

"El Huracán" Narvaez is an undefeated slugger from Argentina, so he might give Donaire a big test:
    Omar Andres Narvaez - Boxer

Also Saturday from across the pond in Deutschland:

At Ludwigsburg, Germany: Marco Huck vs. Rogelio Omar Rossi, 12 rounds, for Huck's WBO cruiserweight title; Dominick Britsch vs. Billy Lyell, 12 rounds, middleweights.

Thoughts on these fights?
    Donaire will KO Narvaez in dominant fashion somewhere in the first five-six rounds.

Huck is in a stay busy fight. He should dominate. Dominic Britsch is said to be a good German middleweight prospect. Same goes for him. He should take Billy Lyell out easily.

Also, there is Edwin Rodriquez v. Will Rosinksy at 168 on Friday on Showbox.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Donaire what a super fighter do i like this fighter YES.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nonito beats Narvaez via mid-rounds KO.. Narvaez is a good little fighter with a solid chin but the size disparity is too much here.. Only way he goes past 8 is if Nonito carries him but the champ is looking to make a statement so he's going to get it.

Nonito is the most skilled Filipino fighter ever..

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Nonito beats Narvaez via mid-rounds KO.. Narvaez is a good little fighter with a solid chin but the size disparity is too much here.. Only way he goes past 8 is if Nonito carries him but the champ is looking to make a statement so he's going to get it.

Nonito is the most skilled Filipino fighter ever..
    That's a bit premature. Recently, I've seen a lot I like from Donaire, but the one time I saw him live - against Rafael Concepcion, I wasn't super impressed. It could mean he gets up for better opponents. However, I'm just not quite ready to annoint him the second coming. If he runs through the competition at 122 and moves to 126, it'll say a lot.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm going to be hoping for a Narvaez win, as he's from the Welsh-speaking area of Argentina, which practically makes him Welsh, therefore go on little Owen Norris, y'know, Dai's son.

Seriously though, I think he's got a big task ahead of him, and Donaire will have too much for him. As for Huck, KO middle rounds, and I actually fancy Lyell to upset Britsch, as he's been matched quite hard recently, and Britsch is the quintessential German 25-0, that is this is his first real test.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by superheavyrhun View Post
    I'm going to be hoping for a Narvaez win, as he's from the Welsh-speaking area of Argentina, which practically makes him Welsh, therefore go on little Owen Norris, y'know, Dai's son.

Seriously though, I think he's got a big task ahead of him, and Donaire will have too much for him. As for Huck, KO middle rounds, and I actually fancy Lyell to upset Britsch, as he's been matched quite hard recently, and Britsch is the quintessential German 25-0, that is this is his first real test.

The fights in Germany will be on in the afternoon here in the States, I believe they'll be worth checking out, if I can only find a stream.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ill be in charge of the streams from now.. You guys are in good hands.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by FinitoElDinamita View Post
    Ill be in charge of the streams from now.. You guys are in good hands.
    Good deal, i'll look you up Saturday morning.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think I'm the only one who thinks Narvaez is going to be tougher than expected, but that's cool. Donaire is an outstanding talent but as we all know... anything is possible!
    The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have an inexplicable dislike for Donaire, but he's a hell of a fighter.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Donaire is gonna be way too quick for Narvaez. Too much in every departemtn infact. He leans back to avoid shots all the time. That won't work against Donaire. He'll be looking up at the lights before he has even leaned half way back. Way too small an opponent and too slow IMO also. He looked like a midget fighting at 114. The guy is smaller than Sodorenko or what ever his name was, and he was a midget.

Donaire by KO when ever he decides to step up the gears and let the leather go. Really looking forward to seeing Donaire in action again though. Looking for him to make some huge fights next year...
    Last edited by TheMacMagician; 10-18-2011 at 02:00 PM.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This fight will be on box nation.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TheMacMagician View Post
    Donaire is gonna be way too quick for Narvaez. Too much in every departemtn infact. He leans back to avoid shots all the time. That won't work against Donaire. He'll be looking up at the lights before he has even leaned half way back. Way too small an opponent and too slow IMO also. He looked like a midget fighting at 114. The guy is smaller than Sodorenko or what ever his name was, and he was a midget.

Donaire by KO when ever he decides to step up the gears and let the leather go. Really looking forward to seeing Donaire in action again though. Looking for him to make some huge fights next year...
    If Narvaez is "way too small, and way too slow" then Donaire will demolish him in just a few rounds. Donaire has devastating punching power, and boxing skills to go along with it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMacMagician View Post

If Narvaez is "way too small, and way too slow" then Donaire will demolish him in just a few rounds. Donaire has devastating punching power, and boxing skills to go along with it.
    Agreed..... Honestly. I've watched four Narvaez fights now. I see no way in hell for him to survive 12 never mind beat Donaire. The joke thing about this is, Donaire moved up in weight, smashed Montiel into next week, is still getting bigger and better, and then fights a smaller guy again than his last three opponents guy that is coming up from 114. How do you find a smaller guy?? Just doesn't make sense. Not that I won't be watching of course. But it is a total mismatch IMO.

I don't actually see Donaire having to push himself to the wall until he gets to atleast 126 though and fights either Rigondeaux or Nishioka..

Thread Information