Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who is going to pay for BOX NATION when it stops being freeview?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who is going to pay for BOX NATION when it stops being freeview?

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    I cannot afford to pay so it does bother me, but I stopped subscribing to sky a while back so it will be from that money I have saved I will be using to watch boxnation, not from the fund that feeds the kids.
    I think I'm right in saying you have Virgin instead of Sky. Can't get Virgin where I live but is it that much cheaper for the equivalent package?
    They are all doing deals now, so it depends on what works for you. I have the bundle phone,internet,XL TV package which includes Europsort and ESPN (and kids stuff like Ben 10 for the children) for £48 + calls which is normally another £10 a month. That works for me but sky do bundle packages too as do BT.
    Thanks, sounds pretty similar to Sky pricing for what your getting. I get the full Sky package plus HD add on and broadband for £60 ish a month. Previously I was on a family pack with just sp1 and broadband and it was £32 a month. Would go back to that plus boxnation if things got tight again.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I cannot afford to pay so it does bother me, but I stopped subscribing to sky a while back so it will be from that money I have saved I will be using to watch boxnation, not from the fund that feeds the kids.
    I think I'm right in saying you have Virgin instead of Sky. Can't get Virgin where I live but is it that much cheaper for the equivalent package?
    They are all doing deals now, so it depends on what works for you. I have the bundle phone,internet,XL TV package which includes Europsort and ESPN (and kids stuff like Ben 10 for the children) for £48 + calls which is normally another £10 a month. That works for me but sky do bundle packages too as do BT.
    Thanks, sounds pretty similar to Sky pricing for what your getting. I get the full Sky package plus HD add on and broadband for £60 ish a month. Previously I was on a family pack with just sp1 and broadband and it was £32 a month. Would go back to that plus boxnation if things got tight again.
    Yes get the HD too and the box that records but yes decisions to pay the bills or watch the boxing?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know what Tam and the other guys are saying - yes £10 is fuck all and I wouldn't bat an eyelid at paying three times that for a round of drinks on a night out , but with TV its now the principle for me.

I am not being held to ransom by these different tv companies and channels etc.. just so more money gets pumped into the game and the fighters, footballers can have bigger fucking pay packets . I refuse to get ESPN, haven't paid for a Primetime fight yet and am pretty certain I won't be getting Boxnation.

Thats the issue guys - not the £10
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks for all...

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by thomastandon View Post
    Thanks for all...
    its a pleasure - and thanks for your post too
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    I know what Tam and the other guys are saying - yes £10 is fuck all and I wouldn't bat an eyelid at paying three times that for a round of drinks on a night out , but with TV its now the principle for me.

I am not being held to ransom by these different tv companies and channels etc.. just so more money gets pumped into the game and the fighters, footballers can have bigger fucking pay packets . I refuse to get ESPN, haven't paid for a Primetime fight yet and am pretty certain I won't be getting Boxnation.

Thats the issue guys - not the £10
    I understand what your saying too mark, but the promoters and tv companies don't give a shit do they? And the only way we can watch legitamate boxing is to pay for it. Annoying as it is, we have no choice.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is this what we all have to look forward to PPV, for all sport people's greed for money very sad for all the way, I look at, make a liveing not a killing. at this moment in time there is not a lot of money spare
    So 1 prime ppv and boxnation 25pound in a month sorry forgot about ESPN call it 35 pound

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wish they would do this with cricket too! Then I would dump Sky and kiss goodbye to the joke that is football!!!
    Box Nation works out quite good if you look at it on a daily budget!
    This signiture is up as ante in a 'sig-bet'. Wanna bet anyone?

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet_T View Post
    I wish they would do this with cricket too! Then I would dump Sky and kiss goodbye to the joke that is football!!!
    Box Nation works out quite good if you look at it on a daily budget!
    Agreed Sky is a rip off and the Premiere League football is a joke.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My lad has just got me boxnation I am well pleased.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Cool, it's worth it mate. I find the coverage quite old school, bit like world of sport crossed with grandstand, and you get virtually everything sky doesn't. So win, win.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Welcome to endless repeats but they are starting to show old fights like Benn v Eubanks v Galzahghe.

Also the big one May 5th.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i like it and im glad i bought it

a tenner int much is it really
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How does Box Nation work? I am coming home for a fair while this summer and there is no way for me to follow fights as I will be lacking a computer. How do you set it up and just how does it work. I really don't want to miss fights for nigh on 2 months and would like to watch at home.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    How does Box Nation work? I am coming home for a fair while this summer and there is no way for me to follow fights as I will be lacking a computer. How do you set it up and just how does it work. I really don't want to miss fights for nigh on 2 months and would like to watch at home.

the good thing about fight night is they start broadcasting at the start of the card so you get to see all of the undercard

you can usually watch the majority of the undercard for free and then it will go off half an hour before the main event
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Thread Information