Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is going to pay for BOX NATION when it stops being freeview?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Who is going to pay for BOX NATION when it stops being freeview?

When news of a boxing chanel first broke I was a bit sceptical but speak as you find for £10 i think its great value and I will be getting it.

Its worth a tenner for just the Cotto-AM rematch.
    Balls

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who is going to pay for BOX NATION when it stops being freeview?

I understand what your saying, but a lot of people cant afford it, im still in too minds about paying for it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by roberto duran legend View Post
    I understand what your saying, but a lot of people cant afford it, im still in too minds about paying for it.
    From what I understand in the USA you got to pay around $50 for 1 PPV event.

For a £10 over here you get a months boxing for that.

You cant even get 4 pints of larger in the UK for £10 today.
    Balls

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

did a poll on this not so long back. I have finished with paying extra for channels so am saying no

though someone had a good point saying if there was to be no more ppv then maybe its worth it - used to pay for 4 or so a year anyway.

But if they going to be scattered over sky, primetime and boxnation then fuck that
    Last edited by Mark TKO; 11-02-2011 at 09:07 AM.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd certainly pay for it if it was offered in US. I think BoxNation is one of the greatest programs created for UK tv.

I have to settle for a BoxNation stream here but that's good enough cuz the quality is great.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hear primetime have got Marquez vs Pac.

If thats the case then all sky have got is prizefighters and Froch vs Ward. Is it worth the subscription when I can watch it on a stream? Wont bother with box nation cuz everytime I try to record a fight on that channel it messes it up and you cant even complain at their website.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Boxnation keep up their current output of fights (and quality of fights) then, if you're a big boxing fan, its a no brainer of epic proportions to subscribe. To anyone moaning about the cost (I have seen people moaning around various places), seriously how much entertainment do you want for a tenner over the course of a whole month?
    maineventboxing.wordpress.com - my mates boxing blog, check it out for fight articles and fight predictions

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As I do not have sky I will get it especially for the Cotto fight, I wanted the Manny fight too.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I want it on Virgin too, as I also get to watch ESPN with my package.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_C View Post
    If Boxnation keep up their current output of fights (and quality of fights) then, if you're a big boxing fan, its a no brainer of epic proportions to subscribe. To anyone moaning about the cost (I have seen people moaning around various places), seriously how much entertainment do you want for a tenner over the course of a whole month?
    It's not so much the £10 a month on its own though. For what they're showing that isn't bad at all, if you take that by itself. You have to factor in Sky as well which is like £70 a month. If boxing was the only sport I watched on TV then it would I'd subscribe 100% and just drop Sky, but as I watch a lot of a football and various other sports, I don't really fancy paying extra money on top just for boxing. Especially if Primetime are going to keep nipping in and picking up odd fights- like Pacquiao-JMM III - and charging £14.95 for them. It just adds up and becomes too much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think it should be free as a supscriprion won't encourage new fans into boxing. To think that Chanel 5 got 5 million viewers for a Tyson fury fight which was free and box nation are going to struggle to get 25,000 subscribers. It should be free as everyone pays a tv licence which is expensive enough these days. Plus people pay 60 pounds a month for a sky sports package so why the extra 10 pound a month for fat Frank warrens pocket!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hi guys,

Just wanted to clarify what BoxNation will be offering.

BoxNation is a brand new boxing channel that has exclusive rights to show some of the UK’s biggest fights, as well as showing classic fights and the latest boxing news.

As of December BoxNation will become a subscription only service, and will be available for just £10 a month. The date on which the subscription fee is introduced will depend on whether you are a Sky or Virgin Media subscriber, or you plan to watch the online service through the BoxNation website.

In the meantime, you can sign up to our mailing list to be in with a chance of winning a pair of tickets to a spectacular night of boxing at Wembley on Nov 5th. You’ll receive updates on upcoming fights and exclusive boxing news.

Visit boxnation.tv for more information.

Thanks,

BoxNation

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is it free on virgin yet? I'll pay for it, student loan can stretch 10 quid a month

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How the he'll can u start to charge people for this one sport when I already pay 60 pounds a month for a sky sports package. If this was a free view Chanel u could expect to get millions of viewers for good fights but charging 10 pound a month I not going to attract more than 25,000 subscribers. Boxnation has no chance in the world of working and it is never going to attract new people into this sport by charging to watch it. I love boxing and I won't pay this extra money for something that I'm already paying for sky sports, think I'll just have to watch prizefighter from now on and Tyson fury on Chanel 5. Hopefully they realise this ain't going to work and keep it as a normal tv Chanel. We all pay out tv licence and a lot of people have sky sports and this I expensive enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by BoxNation View Post
    Hi guys,

Just wanted to clarify what BoxNation will be offering.

BoxNation is a brand new boxing channel that has exclusive rights to show some of the UK’s biggest fights, as well as showing classic fights and the latest boxing news.

As of December BoxNation will become a subscription only service, and will be available for just £10 a month. The date on which the subscription fee is introduced will depend on whether you are a Sky or Virgin Media subscriber, or you plan to watch the online service through the BoxNation website.

In the meantime, you can sign up to our mailing list to be in with a chance of winning a pair of tickets to a spectacular night of boxing at Wembley on Nov 5th. You’ll receive updates on upcoming fights and exclusive boxing news.

Visit boxnation.tv for more information.

Thanks,

BoxNation
    How the he'll can u start to charge people for this one sport when I already pay 60 pounds a month for a sky sports package. If this was a free view Chanel u could expect to get millions of viewers for good fights but charging 10 pound a month I not going to attract more than 25,000 subscribers. Boxnation has no chance in the world of working and it is never going to attract new people into this sport by charging to watch it. I love boxing and I won't pay this extra money for something that I'm already paying for sky sports, think I'll just have to watch prizefighter from now on and Tyson fury on Chanel 5. Hopefully they realise this ain't going to work and keep it as a normal tv Chanel. We all pay out tv licence and a lot of people have sky sports and this I expensive enough.

Thread Information