Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pacquiao vs. Marquez III - Saturday fight/chat thread

I miss fights where you would actually not have an idea who could win . Does Bob Arum and Pac fans really think this fight will be competitive?

My prediction...like SweatPea, I can see something similar as to what we saw with Pacquiao vs Morales III .

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Chino View Post
    I miss fights where you would actually not have an idea who could win . Does Bob Arum and Pac fans really think this fight will be competitive?

My prediction...like SweatPea, I can see something similar as to what we saw with Pacquiao vs Morales III .
    I'm no "Flomo" nor "Pactard," but I'll say this, I believe JMM has more of a shot in this fight than he did against Pretty Boy because JMM understands how to fight Pacquiao. While I favor Pacquiao, I see Marquez winning a few rounds before this fight finishes. I also see this as a more entertaining fight than the fight with Pretty Boy. Lastly, I stand by my theory that Marquez does better against Pacquiao than Ortiz did against Mayweather.
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 11-09-2011 at 08:44 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

One sided beat down, Pac to win at least 10 rounds

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by 0james0 View Post
    Something along those lines, it's hard to imagine Marquez even winning 1 round, Pac is better then ever, JMM is not.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Something along those lines, it's hard to imagine Marquez even winning 1 round, Pac is better then ever, JMM is not.
    Plus he has all odds against him too as he goes up in weight drastically . The only ones who think this fight will be "dangerous" are Pac fans I guess. Just to make it seem as if he accomplished a lot.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Plus he has all odds against him too as he goes up in weight drastically . The only ones who think this fight will be "dangerous" are Pac fans I guess. Just to make it seem as if he accomplished a lot.
    If you aren't favoring Pacquiao you are delusional, but to say Marquez has no shot is ridiculous. How can he have no shot if he basically fought to stalemate with Pacquiao twice?

Pacquiao doesn't weigh in at 165 when he fights at 147 like Victor Oritz. They'll be within 5 pounds of eachother at fight time. So, Marquez isn't at a huge weight disadvantage. Pacquiao may be better at 147 than Marquez, but that's yet to be seen. Indeedn, Marquez has had only one fight at 144 it was against the best in boxing, Floyd Mayweather, which isn't dispositive of very much.

The main thing that I see as indicating an advantage of Pacquiao is that Marquez hasn't looked spectacular in his last few fights. He shouldn't be having a war with Kastidis if he plans on realistically competing against Pacquiao. It's the stark differences in their recent performances that make Pacquiao a 8-1 favorite. However, Marquez is a warrior and he knows Pacquiao's style, which in itself is enough to make it an interesting fight for a while. I'll be impressed if Pacquiao blows him out of the water. I've repeated myself a few times, but I still say with confidence that Marquez will do better against Manny this time than Ortiz did against Floyd. For the record, how many rounds did people have Ortiz winning in that fight?
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 11-10-2011 at 07:46 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've got to disagree. Until the head butt farce, Ortiz was doing ok. Not looking likely to win, but doing ok.

I expect in this fight Pac to be stronger and quicker which are the royal flush of boxing attributes to be better than your opponent on.

At a lower weight, in a different year, maybe he would cause him problems, but other than the late rounds when Pac starts cramping up in his legs, I can see this being similar to the Floyd fight.

It means nothing, but Marquez vs Katsidis, Katsidis then shows his age getting beat by Burns. Burns vs Pac would probably be less predictable. .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you aren't favoring Pacquiao you are delusional, but to say Marquez has no shot is ridiculous. How can he have no shot if he basically fought to stalemate with Pacquiao twice?

That fight was more than 7 years ago when both were in the mid 130s. Now JMM has to gain all this weight to fight him in a weight where he looked like crap vs Floyd. Decreased speed and punching power in that weight won’t be nice to JMM.
    Pacquiao may be better at 147 than Marquez, but that's yet to be seen

Pac has looked just fine at 147, JMM has not.
    but I still say with confidence that Marquez will do better against Manny this time than Ortiz did against Floyd

Sure, JMM may perform fine but I just can’t see him winning, hope I am wrong.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've got to disagree. Until the head butt farce, Ortiz was doing ok. Not looking likely to win, but doing ok.

I expect in this fight Pac to be stronger and quicker which are the royal flush of boxing attributes to be better than your opponent on.

At a lower weight, in a different year, maybe he would cause him problems, but other than the late rounds when Pac starts cramping up in his legs, I can see this being similar to the Floyd fight.

It means nothing, but Marquez vs Katsidis, Katsidis then shows his age getting beat by Burns. Burns vs Pac would probably be less predictable. .
    That's fair. I thought he was doing OK too. I'm not sure he won a round, but I thought he was doing OK.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That fight was more than 7 years ago when both were in the mid 130s. Now JMM has to gain all this weight to fight him in a weight where he looked like crap vs Floyd. Decreased speed and punching power in that weight won’t be nice to JMM.
    Pacquiao may be better at 147 than Marquez, but that's yet to be seen

Pac has looked just fine at 147, JMM has not.
    but I still say with confidence that Marquez will do better against Manny this time than Ortiz did against Floyd

Sure, JMM may perform fine but I just can’t see him winning, hope I am wrong.
    He last fought Maquez three years ago (200 and he's fought him twice total giving him ample chance to learn Pacquiao's style. Both fights were close either way you came out. I like counter punchers in rematches because usually once they have the timing of their opponent's punching down, they can time their opponent to win - see Martinez v. Williams II. Again, Pacquiao is favored for a reason.

When has JMM not looked good at 147 other than against arguably the best boxer in boxing in Floyd? It's like saying Narvaez can't fight at bantamweight because he was dominated by Donaire or if Adamek only fought Vitali and saying he can't fight at heavyweight. I understand Pacquiao is also a great, but Marquez has faced him already, and the fights were close.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smile Re: Pacquiao vs. Marquez III - Saturday fight/chat thread

can't wait to know whose gonna win in their saturday boxing fight..
    i bet for Pacquiao..!!!!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry, double post.
    Last edited by Jimanuel Boogustus; 11-11-2011 at 10:05 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This fight is like a Family Funeral.
    I know i have to attend but im really not looking forward to it

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post

I don't mind attending the funeral, i'm just not going to pay $64.95 to see it.

Who knows, Marquez may win a round or 2 and make it competitive, then afterwards, he can bitch about how he won all 3 fights.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimanuel Boogustus View Post
    For a fight this big, I think I'll be staying up really late for the first time in ages. Really hope JMM can actually get it done, because I still think he took their last meeting. Granted he hasn't had the same path as the Pacman since then, but I'm expecting something entertaining once more.

Thread Information