Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Pac/Marquez Aftermath

I've been reading around the posts. I watched the fight last night and this morning and I had the fight a draw with an edge to Marquez. Associated Press had the fight a draw.

I understand the whole hangover effect from big fights but seriously, this place is starting to look like a joke to me. People having Marquez winning 8-4 or worse is crazy. AGAIN, i will restate I thought it was a draw with an edge to Marquez. These two fighters were made for each other and I honestly believe Marquez has the worst style for Pacquiao but people crying robbery again and discredits Pacquiao's career is insane. He has definitively beaten everyone put in front of him since 2004 but Marquez. No matter what weight class, Marquez will always have Pacquiao doubting himself.

Marquez really blows my mind. He came in the bigger fighter and was RIPPED! He maintained his speed which shows he figured out a way to fix all the problems he had moving up against Floyd. Marquez IMO is arguably one of the greatest if not the greatest Mexican fighter of all time. He controlled most of the fight and made Manny fight his pace. This guy is something!!

I understand all the love for Marquez on this site because he ABSOLUTELY deserves it. But all the negative posts towards Pacquiao as a result is for lack of a better word, bullshit! I honestly feel like a lot of people automatically find every little possible reason to criticize him and it's unfair. But it is what it is. I need a break from this place cause the Pac-hate is going to get worse.

Just in case people were wondering, this is how I saw the fight: Through 8 rounds, I had Marquez up 6-2. I honestly thought Pacquiao finished stronger taking 9-12. There were tons of swing rounds! In the end I thought it was a draw but Marquez did deserve the win.

To reiterate, I love a lot of people on this forum, but I'm having a hard time staying a member on here. I honestly get stressed reading some of the posts. Peace Out for now...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Pac/Marquez Aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by c-lo View Post
    i've been reading around the posts. I watched the fight last night and this morning and i had the fight a draw with an edge to marquez. Associated press had the fight a draw.

I understand the whole hangover effect from big fights but seriously, this place is starting to look like a joke to me. People having marquez winning 8-4 or worse is crazy. again, i will restate i thought it was a draw with an edge to marquez. These two fighters were made for each other and i honestly believe marquez has the worst style for pacquiao but people crying robbery again and discredits pacquiao's career is insane. He has definitively beaten everyone put in front of him since 2004 but marquez. No matter what weight class, marquez will always have pacquiao doubting himself.

Marquez really blows my mind. He came in the bigger fighter and was ripped! He maintained his speed which shows he figured out a way to fix all the problems he had moving up against floyd. Marquez imo is arguably one of the greatest if not the greatest mexican fighter of all time. He controlled most of the fight and made manny fight his pace. This guy is something!!

I understand all the love for marquez on this site because he absolutely deserves it. But all the negative posts towards pacquiao as a result is for lack of a better word, bullshit! I honestly feel like a lot of people automatically find every little possible reason to criticize him and it's unfair. But it is what it is. I need a break from this place cause the pac-hate is going to get worse.

Just in case people were wondering, this is how i saw the fight: Through 8 rounds, i had marquez up 6-2. I honestly thought pacquiao finished stronger taking 9-12. There were tons of swing rounds! In the end i thought it was a draw but marquez did deserve the win.

To reiterate, i love a lot of people on this forum, but i'm having a hard time staying a member on here. I honestly get stressed reading some of the posts. Peace out for now...
    spot on spot on spot on
    Last edited by Rantcatrat; 11-13-2011 at 06:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thumbs down Re: Pac/Marquez Aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by C-Lo View Post
    I've been reading around the posts. I watched the fight last night and this morning and I had the fight a draw with an edge to Marquez. Associated Press had the fight a draw.

I understand the whole hangover effect from big fights but seriously, this place is starting to look like a joke to me. People having Marquez winning 8-4 or worse is crazy. AGAIN, i will restate I thought it was a draw with an edge to Marquez. These two fighters were made for each other and I honestly believe Marquez has the worst style for Pacquiao but people crying robbery again and discredits Pacquiao's career is insane. He has definitively beaten everyone put in front of him since 2004 but Marquez. No matter what weight class, Marquez will always have Pacquiao doubting himself.

Marquez really blows my mind. He came in the bigger fighter and was RIPPED! He maintained his speed which shows he figured out a way to fix all the problems he had moving up against Floyd. Marquez IMO is arguably one of the greatest if not the greatest Mexican fighter of all time. He controlled most of the fight and made Manny fight his pace. This guy is something!!

I understand all the love for Marquez on this site because he ABSOLUTELY deserves it. But all the negative posts towards Pacquiao as a result is for lack of a better word, bullshit! I honestly feel like a lot of people automatically find every little possible reason to criticize him and it's unfair. But it is what it is. I need a break from this place cause the Pac-hate is going to get worse.

Just in case people were wondering, this is how I saw the fight: Through 8 rounds, I had Marquez up 6-2. I honestly thought Pacquiao finished stronger taking 9-12. There were tons of swing rounds! In the end I thought it was a draw but Marquez did deserve the win.

To reiterate, I love a lot of people on this forum, but I'm having a hard time staying a member on here. I honestly get stressed reading some of the posts. Peace Out for now...
    Well which is it then? A draw or did Marquez deserve the win?
    And I dont see Pac getting credit for rounds 9, 10, 11, and 12. I think thats over the top. Maybe you could give Pac 2 out of those 4 but thats it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaspy3 View Post

Well which is it then? A draw or did Marquez deserve the win?
    And I dont see Pac getting credit for rounds 9, 10, 11, and 12. I think thats over the top. Maybe you could give Pac 2 out of those 4 but thats it.
    exactly i had Pacquiao take round 9, Marquez took rounds 10 and 11, and then i gave Pacquiao the 12th but he didn't really do much in that round either

fuck me, Manny Pacquiao is now the Ann Frank of boxing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wont discredit Pacs career as a result of this what so ever. Yeah i don't completely agree with the way he has controlled negotiations when it comes to fights at certain weights but i suppose the other guy doesn't have to agree to this. Plus Manny started out years ago at 106 so to move up the weights and still be winning is incredible. I'm sure i have said in other posts things different to this but this is how i see things now.

It's not manny's fault the judges scored the way they did but so what fans are going to vent their frustrations however they feel appropriate.

But JMM won that fight and i fail to see how anyone can see it different.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I forgot to add:

A draw is a draw - everything is level, a draw but Marquez having the edge is surely a win for Marquez.

Mentioned
    944 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So everyone else is crazy because they don't see the fight like you did?
    "i will restate I thought it was a draw with an edge to Marquez"
    So a win for Marquez then ? This place is not a joke, the scorecards last night were a joke.I watched it completely stone cold sober this morning as a neutral with my step-son who is a Pacquiao fan, and we BOTH thought it was a complete robbery. It does not discredit Pacquiao's career, and questioning the scoring is not Pac-hate. The so called negativity shown to Pacquiao is BS in your opinion and yet whilst acknowledging JMM deserved the win, you can not see the massive injustice in him not getting the decision, focusing rather on the unfair way Pacquiao is criticized by people here on the great Saddo. If you need a break from a fair and open top notch Boxing forum because it does not synch with your personal viewpoint then happy holidays, but don't blame people saddened by a seemingly corrupt decision that undermines a sport we all love and one which rubbishes a masterful performance by a great warrior. You think you are stressed out imagine being JMM today.
    Last edited by Beanz; 11-13-2011 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Grammar
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Thread Information