Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why so many Pac haters? It seems that every thread there's always a hater?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why so many Pac haters? It seems that every thread there's always a hater?

[QUOTE=ElTerribleMorales;1026897][QUOTE=Mars_ax;1026880]
    Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    So pretty much all of Pacquiao's big wins were either against shit/shot opponents, or "robberies" in the case of the 3 fights with Marquez, right?

P.S. You forgot Pacquiao's fight with Margo, but then he was shit/shot too, because he already had his ass handed to him by Mosley, right?
    his only clean cut wins that weren't against over the hill or weak opponents from 135 up were Hatton, Cotto, Clottey, and Margarito, don't really see how you can say that any of the other fighters mentioned before were either not shot, or really were that good to begin with (David Diaz)
    Except for the brutal KO in his first fight at 135, I don't think anyone was extremely impressed with Pac's beatdown of Diaz..That leaves Delahoya & Mosley, you seem to forget that although both these former great champions, were fading, Delahoya was thought to be be too big and too strong for Manny. When this fight was first announced, Oscar was coming off a very competitive recent fight with Mayweather and everyone thought the much smaller Pacquiao was crazy to take the fight and would get annihilated. But then after Manny hands Oscar his ass, he suddenly becomes a weight drained chump.
    As for Mosley, yeah he looked like shit against Mayweather, but 2 fights earlier he'd demolished Margo, and here again he was much bigger than Pacquiao, and thought to have a good chance of winning.

Starting to think i'm a Pactard? Not at all, Pac is just 1 of 50 or more fighters I enjoy watching, just giving credit where credit is due. While i'll agree that Pac may have really lost the latest fight with Marquez, it's ridiculous to belittle what he accomplished in the 6 fights prior to that.
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 11-16-2011 at 05:41 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why so many Pac haters? It seems that every thread there's always a hater?

[QUOTE=Mars_ax;1026901][QUOTE=ElTerribleMorales;1026897]

So pretty much all of Pacquiao's big wins were either against shit/shot opponents, or "robberies" in the case of the 3 fights with Marquez, right?

P.S. You forgot Pacquiao's fight with Margo, but then he was shit/shot too, because he already had his ass handed to him by Mosley, right?
    his only clean cut wins that weren't against over the hill or weak opponents from 135 up were Hatton, Cotto, Clottey, and Margarito, don't really see how you can say that any of the other fighters mentioned before were either not shot, or really were that good to begin with (David Diaz)
    Except for the brutal KO in his first fight at 135, I don't think anyone was extremely impressed with Pac's beatdown of Diaz..That leaves Delahoya & Mosley, you seem to forget that although both these former great champions, were fading, Delahoya was thought to be be too big and too strong for Manny. When this fight was first announced, Oscar was coming off a very competitive recent fight with Mayweather and everyone thought the much smaller Pacquiao was crazy to take the fight and would get annihilated. But then after Manny hands Oscar his ass, he suddenly becomes a weight drained chump.
    As for Mosley, yeah he looked like shit against Mayweather, but 2 fights earlier he'd demolished Margo, and here again he was much bigger than Pacquiao, and thought to have a good chance of winning.

Starting to think i'm a Pactard? Not at all, Pac is just 1 of 50 or more fighters I enjoy watching, just giving credit where credit is due. While i'll agree that Pac may have really lost the latest fight with Marquez, it's ridiculous to belittle what he accomplished in the 6 fights prior to that.
    DLH was competitive with Mayweather, but that was at 154, nobody thought that the move to 147 was a wise idea, and Oscar didn't look all that great against Forbes, Roach picked up on this and that's why the fight happened, it's not some theory that DLH was drained when Roach himself said he saw the needle marks on DLH's arm from when he was being re-hydrated, Manny fought a zombie that night

and against Mosley well Floyd had JUST BEATEN HIM, and by a landslide, so what was really the point in taking him on? especially when the fans were seriously against it, like i said bro you can try to play it up but as the saying goes "you're only as good as your last fight" and DLH, Mosley, and Diaz all had looked like shit in their fights before Pacquiao leading to why he chose them as opponents

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=ElTerribleMorales;1026971][QUOTE=Mars_ax;1026901]

DLH was competitive with Mayweather, but that was at 154, nobody thought that the move to 147 was a wise idea, and Oscar didn't look all that great against Forbes, Roach picked up on this and that's why the fight happened, it's not some theory that DLH was drained when Roach himself said he saw the needle marks on DLH's arm from when he was being re-hydrated, Manny fought a zombie that night

and against Mosley well Floyd had JUST BEATEN HIM, and by a landslide, so what was really the point in taking him on? especially when the fans were seriously against it, like i said bro you can try to play it up but as the saying goes "you're only as good as your last fight" and DLH, Mosley, and Diaz all had looked like shit in their fights before Pacquiao leading to why he chose them as opponents
    You can belittle Pac's beatdown and stoppage of De La Hoya all you want, but "weight drained" or not, at the time it was considered a remarkable accomplishment. As for Mosley, I tend to agree that this fight should never have been made, but here again, Mosley is a great former champion who had destroyed Margarito 2 years earlier, and Pacquiao dominated the much bigger man.

As for Roach, he must be the smartest mother-fucker to ever live, handpicking all these "washed up" old pros for Pac to demolish, and his timing is just fucking incredible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=Mars_ax;1027042][QUOTE=ElTerribleMorales;1026971]

You can belittle Pac's beatdown and stoppage of De La Hoya all you want, but "weight drained" or not, at the time it was considered a remarkable accomplishment. As for Mosley, I tend to agree that this fight should never have been made, but here again, Mosley is a great former champion who had destroyed Margarito 2 years earlier, and Pacquiao dominated the much bigger man.

As for Roach, he must be the smartest mother-fucker to ever live, handpicking all these "washed up" old pros for Pac to demolish, and his timing is just fucking incredible.
    Well what can I say? The man is good.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=ninjaspy3;1027060][QUOTE=Mars_ax;1027042]

Well what can I say? The man is good.
    Who else should PAC have been fighting on his rise to the top. Should he have fought jmm 15 times. No he should've waited for 5 years to let Floyd handpick him for a fight. Wtf

Thread Information