Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why so many Pac haters? It seems that every thread there's always a hater?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why so many Pac haters? It seems that every thread there's always a hater?

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars_ax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by :::PSL::: View Post
    There ALWAYS be haters.

Sourgrape turns to hate. That's all I can say.
    All hate aside, and i'm a Pac fan, but his stock went straight into the toilet after Saturday. It's hard to figure, Pac blitzes through 6 of the best fighters in the world with relative ease, but looks average/ordinary against Marquez, it's puzzling.
    Take into account that he blitzed through 6 offensive machines. When was the last time he fought a counter-puncher? Marquez and he had trouble then. Frankly, that counter-punching style of boxing is Pac's kriptonite. It doesn't mean cleaning out the welterweight division isn't impressive, but he has yet to show he can decisively beat a counter puncher.

I also think everyone underestimated how well Marquez would look at welterweight. People put down Marquez after his fight against Mayweather, but the truth is that was his only fight at 147. It turns out when he trained properly for 147, he was fantastic at the weight.
    Good point, and anyone can look like shit against Mayweather. Keep in mind that Mayweather was much bigger than Marquez, who's best fighting weight is probably 140.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Why so many Pac haters? It seems that every thread there's always a hater?

because the definition of a Pachater is the following: Anyone who doesn't get on his knees to suck off Manny Pacquiao, anyone who doesn't think that he's as great as most of his peons do, anyone who thinks that Manny Pacquiao lost fights against Marquez

it's always been this way, and yea PSL the judges did see something that none of us did, they saw a bunch of Ben Franklins eagerly waiting for them prior to the start of the fight

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There ALWAYS be haters.

All hate aside, and i'm a Pac fan, but his stock went straight into the toilet after Saturday. It's hard to figure, Pac blitzes through 6 of the best fighters in the world with relative ease, but looks average/ordinary against Marquez, it's puzzling.
    Take into account that he blitzed through 6 offensive machines. When was the last time he fought a counter-puncher? Marquez and he had trouble then. Frankly, that counter-punching style of boxing is Pac's kriptonite. It doesn't mean cleaning out the welterweight division isn't impressive, but he has yet to show he can decisively beat a counter puncher.

I also think everyone underestimated how well Marquez would look at welterweight. People put down Marquez after his fight against Mayweather, but the truth is that was his only fight at 147. It turns out when he trained properly for 147, he was fantastic at the weight.
    Good point, and anyone can look like shit against Mayweather. Keep in mind that Mayweather was much bigger than Marquez, who's best fighting weight is probably 140.
    Can we even say now that Marquez's best fighting weight is at 140? Frankly, he weighed 150 the night of the fight and he looked fantastic against one of the top fighters in the sport who had fought at 147 for the last couple of years.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This is not about hating. Anybody who keeps quiet about injustice is a punk and a fraud..

That's all it is..

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ElTerribleMorales View Post
    because the definition of a Pachater is the following: Anyone who doesn't get on his knees to suck off Manny Pacquiao, anyone who doesn't think that he's as great as most of his peons do, anyone who thinks that Manny Pacquiao lost fights against Marquez.

it's always been this way, and yea PSL the judges did see something that none of us did, they saw a bunch of Ben Franklins eagerly waiting for them prior to the start of the fight
    Or in your case, it's because Pacquiao kicked the shit out of Morales.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There ALWAYS be haters.

Can we even say now that Marquez's best fighting weight is at 140? Frankly, he weighed 150 the night of the fight and he looked fantastic against one of the top fighters in the sport who had fought at 147 for the last couple of years.
    I don't know, didn't Marquez come in at 142 at the weigh-in last Friday? Not trying to argue, but it just seems like at this point in his career 140 would work best for JMM, but then WTF do I know.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"The difference among the best in world is not nearly as much as the public believes," Kellerman said. "That said he's among the very greatest fighters that ever lived. I thought he looked excellent against Marquez, he fought a draw with a great fighter. That he has trouble with counterpunchers doesn't diminish him. Everyone could be better. There's no perfection. Through talent and dedication and matchmaking there's been created a standard of perfection, but no one will ever be perfect."
    Kellerman discusses his Manny-Marquez card, Pacman's legacy - New York Boxing Blog - ESPN New York

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There ALWAYS be haters.

I don't know, didn't Marquez come in at 142 at the weigh-in last Friday? Not trying to argue, but it just seems like at this point in his career 140 would work best for JMM, but then WTF do I know.
    142 at the weigh in versus Pacquiao's 143 and 150 the night of the fight versus Pacquiao's 148.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

because the definition of a Pachater is the following: Anyone who doesn't get on his knees to suck off Manny Pacquiao, anyone who doesn't think that he's as great as most of his peons do, anyone who thinks that Manny Pacquiao lost fights against Marquez.

not even, didn't have a problem with Manny until his hoard of fans started trying to make him out to be a gift from God, more or less after the DLH fight, Raheem had already picked up the win against Morales and that was already a showing that the end was coming near for Erik, don't get confused, yea Morales put on two great performances in his last two fights, but one was against an unknown young kid, and the other against Maidana who was perfectly made for him (slow, wide shots, doesn't use straight punches), unlike the Pactards, I don't dwell on shit that cleanly happens in the ring, Manny beat Cotto, he did so fairly, like I said in another post yea Cotto didn't have a corner, but who's fault is that? it was Miguel's not Pacquiao's, but when it comes to fights like his wins over the likes of DLH, Mosley, Diaz, and especially Marquez, there's plenty of bullshit surrounding all of them

Oscar was weight drained and shot to shit, so I fail to see why that was such a big win, especially when Roach himself openly admits that's why they took the fight

Mosley shot as well and had just gotten his ass handed to him by Mayweather

Diaz was just given a gift decision against Erik Morales (IMO worst decision of the year), and was still the weakest "champ" at 135

and well as previously stated Marquez has gone 3-0 against Manny or at the very worst 2-0-1

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We love as humans to pull someone from their perch. Bring them down from greatness.

It was one fight, he is a great fighter.

Can he beat Floyd? It's looking less likely and he is looking noticeably older. But it's not impossible.

People hate too easy, get carried away. Mob mentality.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by miles View Post
    Well, on the whole I think a lot of Pac fans actually like me and respect my stance on a number of issues. And when it comes to the Philippines, I have friends from that part of the world and nobody calls me a serious hater. Though huggers on here probably would. They are just plain odd though.

Pac has fought decent opponents, though in terms of styles has been matched up and now when face to face with Marquez again it was all shown to be illusion. It has been shown that it wasn't hating. Pac hasn't really improved at all. He has just bulked up and kept some snazzy power.

Those who said it was smoke and mirrors have been shown to be right. An old man moving up two divisions could do exactly what he wanted and for the third time. Understandably that makes Pac look a bit silly. But at the same time we should elevate Marquez and rightfully so. He is arguably the best fighter in the world bar one. And Floyd wouldn't even make weight for him. He is that dangerous.

It has destroyed the Pac/Mayweather matchup in my eyes.
    No offense Miles - but you were one of the main people who doubted Marquez before the fight because it was being fought at welterweight. I never once doubted Marquez. I'm neither Flomo nor Pactard. I never have been. I have always said Floyd beats Manny. The writing was on the wall that Manny had trouble with counter punchers. Let's be objective here - it doesn't make his meteoric rise in weight any less impressive, it really doesn't (how many top ten welterweights has Floyd fought?) but every single one of Pacquiao's opponents was an offensive fighter. Every single one. Bruce Trampler at Top Rank is no dummy matchmaker. He knows how to match styles. Manny doesn't look silly here because an old man Marquez came up in weight and fought him neck and neck. I completely disagree. Marquez has always been a great boxer and he still is and he has always been able to counter Manny and he still does. Yet, Manny is still Manny Pacquiao. Put him in with Tim Bradley etc. and he'll knock off another top guy. At the same time, put him in with Marquez and he'll be in another close fight. Mayweather would dominate him. What this fight did at its essence is expose his weakness.

I agree that it has destroyed the Pac/Mayweather matchup for certain. Mayweather made the mistake of making this a ped issue. Manny could have been on 10 different varieties of ped's the other night, and the bottom line is he still can't fight a counter puncher. Roach hasn't taught him how to do it for some reason.
    Yes, I believed the weight was all wrong and to a degree still believe so. It would have been even better at 140 and would have been the optimum compromise.

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Criticizing a decision that gives a fight to someone you do not think deserved it, is not the same as hating the fighter awarded the fight. I am not a Pacquiao hater and think being awarded the win against Marquez has also tarnished his career. It does not mean for one moment that this is his fault or that he deserves to become an object of derision. The unreal puffed up exaggerated personae that Bob "insert your own derisive comment" Arum has created and the messianic like figure that many forum posters have made him are nonetheless easy blown up fabrications to puncture. Yeah there may be some haters but so many? not really.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

not even, didn't have a problem with Manny until his hoard of fans started trying to make him out to be a gift from God, more or less after the DLH fight, Raheem had already picked up the win against Morales and that was already a showing that the end was coming near for Erik, don't get confused, yea Morales put on two great performances in his last two fights, but one was against an unknown young kid, and the other against Maidana who was perfectly made for him (slow, wide shots, doesn't use straight punches), unlike the Pactards, I don't dwell on shit that cleanly happens in the ring, Manny beat Cotto, he did so fairly, like I said in another post yea Cotto didn't have a corner, but who's fault is that? it was Miguel's not Pacquiao's, but when it comes to fights like his wins over the likes of DLH, Mosley, Diaz, and especially Marquez, there's plenty of bullshit surrounding all of them

Oscar was weight drained and shot to shit, so I fail to see why that was such a big win, especially when Roach himself openly admits that's why they took the fight

Diaz was just given a gift decision against Erik Morales (IMO worst decision of the year), and was still the weakest "champ" at 135

and well as previously stated Marquez has gone 3-0 against Manny or at the very worst 2-0-1
    So pretty much all of Pacquiao's big wins were either against shit/shot opponents, or "robberies" in the case of the 3 fights with Marquez, right?

P.S. You forgot Pacquiao's fight with Margo, but then he was shit/shot too, because he already had his ass handed to him by Mosley, right?
    Last edited by Mars_ax; 11-16-2011 at 03:06 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Criticizing a decision that gives a fight to someone you do not think deserved it, is not the same as hating the fighter awarded the fight. I am not a Pacquiao hater and think being awarded the win against Marquez has also tarnished his career. It does not mean for one moment that this is his fault or that he deserves to become an object of derision. The unreal puffed up exaggerated personae that Bob "insert your own derisive comment" Arum has created and the messianic like figure that many forum posters have made him are nonetheless easy blown up fabrications to puncture. Yeah there may be some haters but so many? not really.
    Of course not, the decision deserves to be critiqued, I just don't get all the hatred directed towards Pacquiao. I mean you've got a couple of childish assholes on this forum who believe that Pacquiao deserved to have beer bottles tossed at him last Saturday, WTF kind of mentality is that?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So pretty much all of Pacquiao's big wins were either against shit/shot opponents, or "robberies" in the case of the 3 fights with Marquez, right?

P.S. You forgot Pacquiao's fight with Margo, but then he was shit/shot too, because he already had his ass handed to him by Mosley, right?
    his only clean cut wins that weren't against over the hill or weak opponents from 135 up were Hatton, Cotto, Clottey, and Margarito, don't really see how you can say that any of the other fighters mentioned before were either not shot, or really were that good to begin with (David Diaz)

Thread Information